PDA

View Full Version : Slayer: X

Monroid
03-27-2011, 07:20 AM
Can't the Slayer Count on the explorer areas be affected as the kill counts that you and/or your party manage to achieve in the area's walkup quests?

Like, you have a 1400 kill-score of Lamanians in the Vale. Somehow you kill 100 spiders in the Let Sleeping Dust Lie quest, you'll now get the xp for reahing 1500.

It would help a lot, specialy providing both n00bs and TRs extra xp in areas such as the WW

I don't know if this was asked before, but if it was, I want a good reason of why this shouldn't be implemented!

Lithic
03-27-2011, 07:47 AM
Can't the Slayer Count on the explorer areas be affected as the kill counts that you and/or your party manage to achieve in the area's walkup quests?

Like, you have a 1400 kill-score of Lamanians in the Vale. Somehow you kill 100 spiders in the Let Sleeping Dust Lie quest, you'll now get the xp for reahing 1500.

It would help a lot, specialy providing both n00bs and TRs extra xp in areas such as the WW

I don't know if this was asked before, but if it was, I want a good reason of why this shouldn't be implemented!

Because then there'd be no point to slayer quests at all. it is MUCH faster and easier to gain kill counts in quests than in explorer areas.

In waterworks, doing one run of normal would get you very close to capping out the 400 slayer. A second would definately do it. In the vale, you could run coal chamber and ritual 10x each and almost cap out both the 5k lammanians and shavarath slayer.

Monroid
03-27-2011, 08:54 AM
Because then there'd be no point to slayer quests at all. it is MUCH faster and easier to gain kill counts in quests than in explorer areas.

In waterworks, doing one run of normal would get you very close to capping out the 400 slayer. A second would definately do it. In the vale, you could run coal chamber and ritual 10x each and almost cap out both the 5k lammanians and shavarath slayer.

Then just raise the numbers of monsters to be killed. Even if you reach your quota, the area is still crowded with critters

cdbd3rd
03-27-2011, 08:56 AM
Then just raise the numbers of monsters to be killed. Even if you reach your quota, the area is still crowded with critters

And why punish the folks that are doing the explorer areas and not the quests?

Negative. Leave it as is.

edit: (erm, that's negative, don't do it. Not any negative Greenising.) :o

Lorien_the_First_One
03-27-2011, 08:57 AM

what the heck would the point be then?

Marcus-Hawkeye
03-27-2011, 09:01 AM
The Update 9 release notes include this:

"Players are now able to add an effect to their character that gives them a chance to earn additional slayer points when they kill a monster in a Wilderness area.
A floaty text now displays when a player gets a bonus slayer kill due to a buff or world property."

It's not the same thing, and the specifics aren't included, but it'll help.

oldkraft
03-27-2011, 09:53 AM
Is there no limit to how easy and fast the run to cap should be ... ?
Another round of elemental boosts for the wizzies, right on ?
Ah we cant have these enemies that are immune to some damages.
Baked Golems i mmune to electric damage - aargh, obnoxious.
No matter that it is obvious and natural,

it slows my levelling get ridofit....
Right, thx..... !

Some monsters still need to be hit to die.
This is obnoxious.
It slows my levelling get ridofit ....

etc...
etc...
etc....

jwdaniels
03-27-2011, 10:03 AM
Is there no limit to how easy and fast the run to cap should be ... ?
Another round of elemental boosts for the wizzies, right on ?
Ah we cant have these enemies that are immune to some damages.
Baked Golems i mmune to electric damage - aargh, obnoxious.
No matter that it is obvious and natural,

it slows my levelling get ridofit....
Right, thx..... !

Some monsters still need to be hit to die.
This is obnoxious.
It slows my levelling get ridofit ....

etc...
etc...
etc....

If they sell exp boost pots and renown boost pots in the DDO store, why not sell slayer boost pots as well? More money for turbine = more new stuff for the game.