View Full Version : What to build next?

DaSawks
03-24-2011, 01:43 PM
So far I have an

Assassin III Rogue,
WF AM Wizard,
Drow Cleric
"Max" DPS WF Barb.

All but the Barb have been capped at 20. When I am done capping the Barb I want to roll another toon. I have a level 5 WF FS but he is not "doing it" for me. I am looking for something new to do with a toon. Now I am not looking for a gimp nitch toon here. I want some ideas on what to build next.

Bargol
03-24-2011, 01:53 PM
Pure sorc
Pure fighter
Bard/fighter
Bard/rogue
Bard/fighter/rogue
Bard/barb/rogue
Barb/fighter
ranger/rogue/fighter
wizard/rogue

Just a few ideas for you.

mws2970
03-24-2011, 01:54 PM
You could take your favorite toon and TR them.

DaSawks
03-25-2011, 08:07 AM
Pure sorc
Pure fighter
Bard/fighter
Bard/rogue
Bard/fighter/rogue
Bard/barb/rogue
Barb/fighter
ranger/rogue/fighter
wizard/rogue

Just a few ideas for you.

I like the idea of a Bard with Evasion and Sneak Attack from a Rogue with some Fighter levels for added feats and DPS. What ratios in levels would you suggest? I will need at least 2 levels of Rogue.

DaSawks
03-25-2011, 08:09 AM
You could take your favorite toon and TR them.

Oh how I wish I could. My Rogue has dual GS MinII Khopesh's and a complete DPS gear set up. However I am missing the TP to buy the TR Heart.

Absolute-Omniscience
03-25-2011, 08:11 AM
Oh how I wish I could. My Rogue has dual GS MinII Khopesh's and a complete DPS gear set up. However I am missing the TP to buy the TR Heart.

You can run some epics, and acquire some tokens, which you can then use to buy a heart.

DaSawks
03-25-2011, 09:01 AM
You can run some epics, and acquire some tokens, which you can then use to buy a heart.

I have heard of this system. I have 2 Epic Dungeon tokens so far. How many do I need? Perhaps I should do some research?

Infant
03-25-2011, 09:41 AM
Hi DaSawks,

I like the idea of a Bard with Evasion and Sneak Attack from a Rogue with some Fighter levels for added feats and DPS. What ratios in levels would you suggest? I will need at least 2 levels of Rogue.

I think most common combinations are 3Rogue/2Fighter/15 Bard (3rd level of rogue for 1d6 SA and skills) and 2/2/16. 16 Bard gives you one song and access to lvl 6 spells (of which OID, MassCMW and Heroes' Feast are the only useful for a melee bard AFAIK). Warchanter ist most common PrE for melee, though there are Spellsinger melee builds.

I guess people more experienced than me will gladly help you with details on the bard forums...

Infant

Bargol
03-25-2011, 08:59 PM

As someone stated already.....

16 bard / 2 fighter/ 2 rogue is one option gives access to level 6 spells.
15 bard / 2 fighter / 3 rogue gives more sneak attack damage and its easier to maintain trap/open lock as I am finding out with my build its skill point starved on fighter levels and hits hard on bard stuff on bard levels to keep traps/ locks/spot/search up high enough.

You could just go for open lock and ignore traps and do the rogue for evasion and Sneak damage. I have a post where I am trying to find a build I used as a guide for one of my bards. The Axesinger is one of the similar type builds. Usually these types of builds are warchanters as your casting stat will suck to favor strength, con, and dex for TWF.

Kourier
03-25-2011, 09:06 PM
Completely different suggestion: 15 paladin / 3 monk / 2 fighter. Great self-healing, respectable dps, and the potential for AC. The monk and fighter levels really help with the feat crunch on pure paladins.

wax_on_wax_off
03-25-2011, 09:55 PM
As someone stated already.....

16 bard / 2 fighter/ 2 rogue is one option gives access to level 6 spells.
15 bard / 2 fighter / 3 rogue gives more sneak attack damage and its easier to maintain trap/open lock as I am finding out with my build its skill point starved on fighter levels and hits hard on bard stuff on bard levels to keep traps/ locks/spot/search up high enough.

You could just go for open lock and ignore traps and do the rogue for evasion and Sneak damage. I have a post where I am trying to find a build I used as a guide for one of my bards. The Axesinger is one of the similar type builds. Usually these types of builds are warchanters as your casting stat will suck to favor strength, con, and dex for TWF.

These days if I was going to do a bard it would either be:
20 bard warchanter (THF DPS)
20 bard spellsinger (maybe with power attack to smack stuff too)
16 bard, 2 fighter, 2 rogue (warchanter THF DPS/intimitank)
16 bard, 2 fighter, 2 rogue (virtuoso TWF DPS)

The reasons are numerous and varied but I think these 4 are the strongest bard builds all round at the moment.