PDA

View Full Version : Deleted characters name

Ratso33
03-24-2011, 06:12 AM
Hello all
I just wondered if i delete a character ( i set up a bard last night ( human virtuoso of the sword ) and i when i got to the training mission he only had CHR 14 which i think will be a problem )
can i then set up a new character on the same server with that name as i would really like to play this bard as that name ( named after a character in one of my fave novels from back in the day )

i wondered because i know there is a un-delete service and i thought this may mean the name is still registered somewhere

cheers Ratso

butlerfamilywa
03-24-2011, 06:14 AM
Hello all
I just wondered if i delete a character ( i set up a bard last night ( human virtuoso of the sword ) and i when i got to the training mission he only had CHR 14 which i think will be a problem )
can i then set up a new character on the same server with that name as i would really like to play this bard as that name ( named after a character in one of my fave novels from back in the day )

i wondered because i know there is a un-delete service and i thought this may mean the name is still registered somewhere

cheers Ratso

If you delete a character, yes you can then reuse the name.

Doesn't affect the undelete service

Ratso33
03-24-2011, 06:21 AM
thanks

Noctus
03-24-2011, 08:40 AM
Depending on the type of Bard you want to play, CHA should be maxed, or can even be 10 and lower.

14 is a neither nor area. To hgih for a build who dumpes offensive casting, and too ow for one who wants to use CC-spells.

Ratso33
03-24-2011, 10:34 AM
Depending on the type of Bard you want to play, CHA should be maxed, or can even be 10 and lower.

14 is a neither nor area. To hgih for a build who dumpes offensive casting, and too ow for one who wants to use CC-spells.

Will be playing this character solo for the most part am thinking of (sort of ) following the Virtuoso of the sword path but with a few alterations

simsiim
03-25-2011, 04:24 AM
only Bard I can think of that really needs to ( or should) have the maxed Cha is the Spellsinger

I never got the impression a Virtuoso needed it, and 14 charisma would be enough

Jiirix
03-25-2011, 06:18 AM
There is only one backdraw: If you re-use the name of an deleted char the new one might not be able to win at the DDOs lottery. Have this problem on two of my chars and the devs confirmed that it's a common bug. You get the winning massage, but not the price :(