PDA

View Full Version : Reset Chat windows

LookingForABentoBox
03-23-2011, 10:23 AM
I've accidentally deleted a tab in my chat window more than a few times, and had to recreate it by adding a new tab and setting all the incoming and outcoming information similar to the deleted one (which I don't remember perfectly) and renaming it, and putting it in the right order of my chat tabs. I propose a "reset to default chat tabs" option.

If you disagree, please explain why you think it's a bad idea.

RudyMcghee
03-23-2011, 10:25 AM
They have this. Don't exactly recall where it is, but it is in the options menu.

Edit: just logged in, to find it it is Esc -> Options -> UI Settings -> Reset Chat Displays

LookingForABentoBox
03-23-2011, 10:28 AM
They have this. Don't exactly recall where it is, but it is in the options menu.

Maybe you're talking about the "Default" button under UI Settings. That button doesn't reset chat tabs, presumably because you can't change the chat tabs through the UI menu, you change it through right clicking the chat window itself. Try it and see. If there really is an option to reset the chat tabs I'll eat my words, but I haven't been able to find it so far.

Edit: Kudos, it didn't even enter my mind that a checkbox would perform that function, I assumed checkboxes turned things on and off. Change thread suggestion to "make it a button, not a checkbox," I guess, or just ignore it :)