PDA

View Full Version : Feedback - Quest - Sinister Storage

Thoon
03-22-2011, 03:16 PM
Help the Chronicle get the scoop on a developing story in Stormreach Harbor!

After heading to the Harbor and speaking with Chronicle Editor Tessa Aster, find Reporter Parker Pipewort, and get him the story on what is going on inside Creative Objects Storage.

After running this new quest, please use this thread to provide feedback on this quest.

In addition to forum feedback, we are also looking for your feedback in an online survey. The survey should will only take a few minutes. When giving the survey feedback we request you run the quest with a level appropriate character, generally 14 - 18 in this case, if at all possible. To participate in the survey browse to the URL (http://preview.U9-SINISTER-LM.sgizmo.com/s3/).

KreepyKritter
03-27-2011, 12:03 AM
Alright, so... first off, love the chain. Love the feel of it all. Love the fact that I ran 'The Missing' and nearly shat my pants a few times...

Second, I have a few bones of contention with some of the factors. I ran the whole chain (minus Final Edition because, well... I have work in the morning) Solo, on a lvl 11 TR Ranger AA, on Casual and found the whole thing remarkably easy. I was expecting to get Pwned in the first encounter, but no... not even close.

In 'Sinister Storage', my biggest complaint has to do with the AI on the Red Named Flesh Render... I was able to stand up on top of the shelving and hammer away at this guy, and only had to worry about the occasional chain lightning, which I managed to Evade about 60% of the time anyway. He didn't even move. Not one step forward, not one step back. Stock still the whole time I was firing on him... Heck, I didn't even realize there were other mobs on the ground until I jumped down to go loot.

Now, to give some perspective, earlier this evening I ran VoN 3 on casual with a lvl 8 monk, with a full Party, and managed to get nuked a number of times. Once nearly resulting in a full party wipe... this may say something for my party members' AI, but seriously...

I understand, Causal is meant to be easy, but there is no reason anyone, even a TR, should be able to use that as a means for taking on a quest 4 levels above them.

I have other feed back for the chain as a whole, which I'll go on to post in a separate thread. This and 'The Missing' are the only quests I have any thing specific to pass on about.

TDarkchylde
03-27-2011, 09:32 AM
Normal, on a Level 16 light Monk.

At first, it dawns on you. You're in one of those quests, where the mobs come in waves.

That's right, you're running the gauntlet. And you don't have some NPC to protect. Joy!

My only complaint is that it was over too soon. With no knowledge of the quest, I was done in nine minutes. The XP felt right for the length, at least.

FellgraveTharashk
03-27-2011, 10:46 PM
As the first quest in the chain, I liked how it set up the rest of the series. Getting you set for what you were about to experience.

I'm not sure how I feel about the waves of enemies. The map isn't too large to make chasing them down much of a problem if they don't aggro when they spawn in. Although I can understand that this will help prevent parties from getting over run and it may be the best option for making use of the rest shrine (if needed).

The render never lasted long enough for me to get a good look at ALL the lightning based spells he was throwing at me. Good to know they're out there and us as players have an idea of what we can expect in the future.

I actually had to look at the quest objectives at the beginning to see if I was supposed to be 'killing' the human guards in the beginning. Didn't feel right :) with the comments about just doing a job and having families and all.

RandomKeypress
03-28-2011, 01:07 AM
Did it on normal, lev 20 Rogue with lev 20 cleric hireling so I can't comment on difficulty. It was actually fun, and the boss fight was interesting. I get irritated by dark areas, but maybe that's just me. The only annoying part was finding the stragglers who didn't want to come out and play.

Vengeance777
03-30-2011, 04:37 PM
Normal level 20 Sorc.

Never cared for one room waves of enemy quests and this ones the same.

Big glitch is the end boss just stands still and never aggros if you are standing on the upper ramps.

A lot of mobs don't seem to realize your in the area if you are fighting on upper ramps as well.

The 1020 gold end reward and 2000xp is horrible for the amount of time you have to spend in the quest. Most of it waiting for next wave. Big thumbs down on this quest. Rest of the chain was much better.

oradafu
03-31-2011, 04:30 AM
This quest felt a bit light. Granted, I was using a level 20 on the quest with a normal difficulty, but it still felt like the quest needed something added to it. My suggestion is to add a roaming chaos orb. Alot of players try to avoid the orbs in quests, so this would give a slight obstacle to the quest. It would be a very slight obstacle--since you can go to higher ground to avoid them.

Claver
03-31-2011, 11:08 AM
I grade this one a C- for the rehash of the stale defend the crate in a warehouse idea. The positives of it being a short adventure and a modest challenge keep this from being a D or worse.

ENVIRONMENT: We've done defend the room quests before. Korthos has a bar to defend, Sharn Syndicate does too but it feels/looks different because of the two levels. Devil Assault is just a room with devils but the low ceiling and portals gives it different feel. The use of another warehouse NEXT DOOR to a warehouse quest where we defend a crate from Kobolds made the two feel too similar to me. I felt cheated, like Turbine cut and paste the kobold warehouse dungeon, changed some monsters and expected me not to notice.

It's ok to do these one room quests again but you need to either change the game play (objects on 3 different floors that must be defended, a time vs. kill efficiency reward, etc.) or the environment must look distinct from other quests. If the ceiling was covered with pulsing tentacles and the crates started exploding with goo from another dimension then I would have said yes, this is something different. It doesn't feel like other quest X.

POSITIVES: I like that the quest was short, always good to have a few of those at various levels. And I was happy there was some challenge. I died 4 times soloing on normal on a level 18 sorc but I was unprepared and using the res shrines casually. The quest is appropriately balanced for those who have knowledge of what is to come and make the appropriate preparations (cast dancing ball ahead of time, wall of fire, etc.) and use the platform to there advantage. The presence of the shrines made it a fair fight. I can see myself running this quest mutliple times in the future as im leveling past 14/15.

GoldyGopher
03-31-2011, 12:25 PM
I ran this quest with a Hybrid level 16 character - AC 50.

Of all the quests in the new pack I found this one to be my least favorite and really in need of some work.

It's annoying to see our usual breakable and not be able to smash them. I wonder how many people will be running around trying to smash them, what worse is there are like two you can smash.

The waves were slow and too tied to completion of the previous wave. I stood around for ten minutes with one taken swinging at me (he may have hit once in that time) waiting to see if the next wave would pop.

The mobs are two spread out, this may be more difficult for a pary with characters in more locations but just because they pop doesn't mean they are active mobs. Was able to fight small groups. Also had to hunt down a couple of spawns that arrived inside the box (walls). Annoying.

The Hounds are almost pointless in thier current scripting form. The AI makes them sit back and spam PK (which never landed) and dance around. I had one maybe two physical attacks and a few breath attacks, but mostly they did nothing.

At least the mind flayers attempted to dominate my character a couple of times, but they were too busy running away to stand 10 meters away to cast stuff at me.

I have commented before the Taken seem to be more effective in a group then individually, there spawn locations however kept them apart.

There are a couple of spots you can stand and not have a flank, making this extremely easy.

The XP seemed high for the ease of the quest. The loot and end reward was not worth anything.

Not a quest i would want to run for anything other than Favor/Flagging.

I_Bob
03-31-2011, 01:44 PM
Normal level 20 Sorc.

Never cared for one room waves of enemy quests and this ones the same.

Big glitch is the end boss just stands still and never aggros if you are standing on the upper ramps.

A lot of mobs don't seem to realize your in the area if you are fighting on upper ramps as well.

The 1020 gold end reward and 2000xp is horrible for the amount of time you have to spend in the quest. Most of it waiting for next wave. Big thumbs down on this quest. Rest of the chain was much better.

/signed

Upper ramps made it way easy.

Did not like this one - rest were great.

End rewards way bogus on all quests.

What's with all the cure lights in the barrels? Useless stuff in those.

Coldin
04-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Pretty boring honestly. Just a simple "Fight off many waves of enemies." After coming from the Missing quest, this felt like a bit of a let-down. There's pretty much no mystery given, and they just attack you on sight.

I think it would be improved pretty simply though. Instead of the warehouse workers attacking right away, why not add a bit of that Xoriat insanity to them? Let us talk to the workers first about what's in the crates. The first workers could be a bit suspicious about them. As we head into the back of the warehouse, their responses could become more and more unsettling. When we finally talk to the leader, he should make it pretty clear he's gone insane, and that's when everyone starts attacking.

Overall, it wasn't bad. It's just a bit boring.

Kirlian
04-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Did that one on hard on my fvs. IIt took me 11 min to do it, I don't really understand why boss is so dull and weak, he was doing 7points of damage on average from his lightning spells. It is lvl 15 quest at the end of the day, he is 'special rander' pimp him up a bit pls.

redgod
04-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Did it on normal, lev 20 Rogue with lev 20 cleric hireling so I can't comment on difficulty. It was actually fun, and the boss fight was interesting. I get irritated by dark areas, but maybe that's just me. The only annoying part was finding the stragglers who didn't want to come out and play.

i agree totally wish the Ai was more aggressive. for a level 15 quest you should double the mobs spawned their are no npc to babysit and power creep is a big deal let us feel our new strength if your going to throw mobs at us bring the pain.

Seikojin
04-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Love the quest. Almost everythign about it rocks. Just wish there was more difficulty. Even at lvl appropriate, my fighter could solo this quest.

Sierim
04-10-2011, 08:29 AM
I've run this quest a few times with various toons, primarily casters. Most of the things others have noted, including the ease of the quest, the problem with hiding mobs, and the lack of connection to the rest of the story I saw as well. In addition, with the voice overs added I've found the quest feels like it stops rather than finishing. There are DM texts and descriptions throughout the quest, which at minimum help you to stay focused in what amounts to an LV15 Protect Baudry's Interests, but once you get to the last fight...nothing. No DM text, no audio announcement, just NPC text. Then you kill the boss and...again, nothing. So I'm left wondering as a player, "So what? I kill a random boss with no connection to the story and...that's it? On to the next part?" It broke the suspense of disbelief of the chain for me.

On a more general note, the quests don't seem to automatically direct you to the next section via the map when you receive the quests. Specifically, the yellow/gold arrow doesn't pop up on the map. I ended up wandering around a bit before finding the NPCs I was supposed to go to.