PDA

View Full Version : Request for all the Rogues out there (regardless of PrE)

Kale_Hagan
03-22-2011, 03:21 PM
Are we ever gonna see regenerating thieves tools?

For example:

Rotas' Tools
Tools of the Master Mechanic - this set of tools grants a +7 bonus to all Disable Device and Open Lock checks.
This leather pouch contains the tools that the fabled Master Mechanic Rotas used to infiltrate the Tower of Despair. The tools inside are expertly crafted from mithril with darkwood handles and the magic of the pouch continually replaces any pieces that are lost during adventuring. They were recovered from the lair of a rather irate Orthon, suggesting a grim fate for the Master Mechanic.
Durability: 100
Mithril (Hardness: 27)
Base Value: 5,000 pp
Weight: 0.01 lbs

This is FAR from overpowered - it's simply a convenience item. Make it raid loot, or something.

Dulcimerist
03-22-2011, 03:24 PM
I would enjoy this, so that I wouldn't have to have stacks of tools in my bag, and spare tools in my bank for when I run low.

Lorien_the_First_One
03-22-2011, 03:30 PM
I wish they would just follow D&D rules and not make thieves tools a consumable.

Kale_Hagan
03-22-2011, 03:31 PM
I wish they would just follow D&D rules and not make thieves tools a consumable.

This would also be nice. But I still like the idea of named loot, and named thieves tools would be cool.

RJBsComputer
03-22-2011, 03:31 PM
The Casters want a pouch for they spell componets, why not a pouch to carry all of our pick stacks in???

Lornman
03-22-2011, 04:24 PM
How 'bout only use/break a pick upon rolling a 1?

Kale_Hagan
03-23-2011, 07:58 PM
I wish there was a way to see if devs ever read these suggestions.

Lithic
03-23-2011, 08:09 PM
Dont forget bound to character, and min lvl 1, so that they never take damage and are usable for TRs :D

Cauthey
03-23-2011, 08:12 PM
The Casters want a pouch for they spell componets, why not a pouch to carry all of our pick stacks in???

What about a named pouch that drops as raid loot? A named pouch for casters, and a named pouch for trappers (honestly, I like the special named tools better).

Angelus_dead
03-23-2011, 08:14 PM
Are we ever gonna see regenerating thieves tools?
Forget about regenerating tools.

Just allow Rogues to make a no-tools "improvised" Disable Device check with a -5 skill penalty and +50% animation delay.

dunklezhan
03-23-2011, 08:17 PM

Yes.

How 'bout only use/break a pick upon rolling a 1?

Is always what we house ruled anyway, so yes.

Just allow Rogues to make a no-tools "improvised" Disable Device check with a -5 skill penalty and +50% animation delay.

And yes. Because that would be cool.

Ganolyn
03-23-2011, 08:17 PM

Having picked a lock with a paperclip and a scrap piece of spring steel I can tell you that this is just about right.

MrWizard
03-23-2011, 08:19 PM
how about a bag to hold them all in?

Lorien_the_First_One
03-23-2011, 08:37 PM
how about a bag to hold them all in?

Why? If they insist on keeping them as consumables, change max stack size to 10,000 and we are done.

Angelus_dead
03-23-2011, 08:43 PM
Why? If they insist on keeping them as consumables, change max stack size to 10,000 and we are done.
Either a super-high stack size or containment bag for multiple stacks would defeat the purpose of tools being consumable, which is for tool expenditure to be an occasional concern.

Zectarash
03-23-2011, 10:52 PM

Fits well with my wanting a quest that takes you prisoner, stashes all your stuff in another room, and you have to get it and RUN from a mass of, I don't know, say, 100,000,000,000 guards?
[COLOR="Black"] Re
You're obviously faster with all that striding stuff; BUT there's about 50 lethal traps along the way, as well as puzzles, locked doors, etc.

ssgcmwatson
03-24-2011, 01:07 AM
Fits well with my wanting a quest that takes you prisoner, stashes all your stuff in another room,

If I recall correctly, one of the Thief games had a level like this... you were arrested, and had to break out of your cell, find your gear, and escape the prison.