PDA

View Full Version : greensteel helmet touch-up

protokon
03-21-2011, 08:23 PM
This helmet is the only greensteel item that has a cosmetic option..and it is UUUGLY! can we please re-visit this skin and update it so it is bearable to look at? My cleric has the epic helm of the mroranon, which also has the same skin...

Just a thought as I was logging in, as my character looks like hes wearing a butt-ugly, spikey football helmet with a binky.

porq
03-21-2011, 08:53 PM
Well there's always the /showhelmet off option. All the cool kids are doing it these days.

I quite like the Greensteel helmet look on warforged. I think it fits well with the 'big, tough' look they have to begin with - though it's the only race I would make them for. I don't like the look on the..lesser races.

banktoons
03-22-2011, 03:14 PM
Yep the green steel helm is ugly in my eye's also. On a Warforged it's kinda cool so agree with both.
I would roll the Minos helm in with this also. Because of this at level 11 all my guys go natural.

Turning off the helm has advantages in that I can tell which character I'm playing by hair colour and style. If I have a bandana on it's a lowbie and play accordingly.

At the same time I would like a simple cosmetic overlay for helms. They have the festival masks, bunny hats and such in the ddo store so I know they can do it.

Just give us plain bandana, a metal knightly helm and say a tiara or the animal headed crown. Should not be that much coding I would prefer to pay plat but would pay a small amount of TP for it to get rid of that cactus leaf on my head.