PDA

View Full Version : I dont get this at all..

pleistocene
03-21-2011, 02:46 PM
so at crystal cove you get these stolen gems, and i know u can use them to make other things from the event, but i dont have the required amount of doubloons to make such items, what do i do with all the stolen gems?

a guy told me that i could trade them in for doubloons, but how do i do that??!!!!

when i tried the hatbox..it did not work it said that euphonia did not want my stolen gems, when i tried the other chest the trade option was blurred out / in the color gray in stead of the color red when u normally tread something in to that box, so how exactly do i get doublloons form stolen gems then??

please help!!

Trifikas
03-21-2011, 02:50 PM
Click on the bartar box to open up the window. Drag your gem into the trade window. Scroll to the bottom. Select the gem trade you want to make. Hit the trade button.

Memnir
03-21-2011, 02:51 PM
You need to scroll down the list, and highlight the exchange (gem type) for doubloons. It's only when you manually select the trade you want that the box will convert them for you.

I'd also advise splitting your stack into single gems to trade in. I'm not sure if you can trade in all your gems or not... I prefer to be on the cautious side. :)

SirGideon
03-21-2011, 02:54 PM
You need to scroll down the list, and highlight the exchange (gem type) for doubloons. It's only when you manually select the trade you want that the box will convert them for you.

I'd also advise splitting your stack into single gems to trade in. I'm not sure if you can trade in all your gems or not... I prefer to be on the cautious side. :)

You can put your whole stack of gems in the trade window, it will only convert 1 gem at a time into the doubloons

Paleus
03-21-2011, 02:55 PM
No need to split your gems into singles in the trade window. Each time you hit the transaction button it will trade one gem for the associated amount of dubloons.

Each time you add an ingredient into the box it will slowly restrict the available entries to what recipes match the ingredients you put in. So, if you put in one ingredient, a gem, you will have a lot of possible recipes to choose from. I think you can do a search for "Gem" in the search function to bring up the trade-in. But as has been pointed out, the gem-dubloon trade in is at the bottom of the list so simply put in the gem type you want to trade-in for dubloons and scroll all the way down to the bottom.

TheDearLeader
03-21-2011, 02:55 PM
To add to what has been said:

There is a "Search" window at the top.

Open the Box (not the hat box, the other one).
Type "Gem" in the Search box.
Put *just* your gems into the barter window.

You'll get the options to trade them in for Doubloons, or convert 3:1 for another Gem.

Enjoy.

katana_one
03-21-2011, 02:57 PM

You cannot trade all your gems at once; it's one gem exchanged per click. Very tedious if you've accumulated a large stack of them.

Otherwise, everything Memnir has posted above it correct. Place one stack of gems in the trade window, select "exchange for doubloons" and hit "trade". One of your gems will go away, and you will get the listed number of doubloons added to your inventory.

Memnir
03-21-2011, 02:58 PM
You can put your whole stack of gems in the trade window, it will only convert 1 gem at a time into the doubloons
No need to split your gems into singles in the trade window.
You cannot trade all your gems at once; it's one gem exchanged per click. Very tedious if you've accumulated a large stack of them.Good to know. :)
Never tried the whole stack. Been burned once or twice in this game with things of a similar nature, and just figured if I can split the stack might as well - better off safe then sorry.

Much appreciated!

TheDearLeader
03-21-2011, 03:00 PM
Good to know. :)
Never tried the whole stack. Been burned once or twice in this game with things of a similar nature, and just figured if I can split the stack might as well - better off safe then sorry.

Oh come now, you're being overly cautious. :) Just from the first few days of the event *last* time I ended up with, after crafting, over 1500 Emeralds and Diamonds.

You're telling me it didn't occur to you to split 5 off the top and see if it took them individually, or as a group? :D C'moooon.

Memnir
03-21-2011, 03:03 PM
You're telling me it didn't occur to you to split 5 off the top and see if it took them individually, or as a group? :D C'moooon.Not once, acutally. :)

But then, I've not run the event much at all. Missed the first go-around of it entirely since I was on vacation, and just not done it much since it came back. Dunno why, mind you. It's a cool event, fun, and the stuff you can make is awesome. Just haven't caught the itch yet, I guess.

Ttip
03-22-2011, 12:17 AM
That surprises me Mem...my highest toon is only 14th (on her first life even) and I am collecting a fair set of level 20 items I probably wont get to use for a very long time. Been playing since October and only 14th now....I figure I might make 20th by christmas this year...and by then these items are probably not going to be very good, or replaced by better. I haven't flagged the Vale or GH yet and just purchased Necro 4 and have not even been there yet...This 'game' just keeps getting better and better for me. I unlocked 32 pt builds on Thelanis last week and made my first 32 point, 4th level Monk....but the event has kept me busy with Curahoo so I have not even ran Ttip yet. LOL...get into the grind Memnir! The drop to 3000 map pieces today just made it that much more FUN!!!!! See ya in the Cove.

simsiim
03-22-2011, 11:15 AM
If your hurting for Doubloons, and low level the fastest way is get a grog, and run KA or Butchers Path, or Ringleader, for an hour. Then turn in all those map pieces, and get a ton of Doubloons. also opens up CC quicker ;):)

Myself I wouldn't sell more Gems then what I know I'll be needing, and if I have gems I know I would not use (or need anymore) then they all get traded in for Doubloons.
-=-the steps need to trade gems has already been mentioned, So no reason for me to repeat that part ;)-=-

dragonmane
03-22-2011, 01:58 PM
That surprises me Mem...my highest toon is only 14th (on her first life even) and I am collecting a fair set of level 20 items I probably wont get to use for a very long time. Been playing since October and only 14th now....I figure I might make 20th by christmas this year...and by then these items are probably not going to be very good, or replaced by better. I haven't flagged the Vale or GH yet and just purchased Necro 4 and have not even been there yet...This 'game' just keeps getting better and better for me. I unlocked 32 pt builds on Thelanis last week and made my first 32 point, 4th level Monk....but the event has kept me busy with Curahoo so I have not even ran Ttip yet. LOL...get into the grind Memnir! The drop to 3000 map pieces today just made it that much more FUN!!!!! See ya in the Cove.

I was in the same boat as you, but I found out once you get flagged for the raids and you start the inspired quarter you can get massive xp quickly. I went from 14 to 20 in about 2 months, very quickly for me since I am a casual player. Start doing the reavers refuge as well to get your Dragon Touched armor, very nice indeed and good xp. Good luck!