PDA

View Full Version : Turbine devs: Please address the event lag on Orien!

Carpone
03-21-2011, 08:12 AM
On Orien, world events like Crystal Cove and Mabar create enough lag to make raiding unplayable. The worst of the lag occurs when Crystal Cove is open. Severe graphical stuttering and rubberbanding occur as well as 3-5 seconds of spell lag before the effect resolves. The lag also appears to mimic characters disconnecting, which can result in targets not getting healed. Every time this debilitating lag occurs, we've confirmed that Crystal Cove is open. The raid, difficulty and number of people in the raid don't appear to have any bearing -- we've experienced this issue in elite ToD (9 characters), normal Shroud (6 characters), epic VON (9 characters), elite Abbot (8 characters), epic Chrono (8 characters) and epic DQ (12 characters). The only common denominator: Crystal Cove is open. When Crystal Cove is closed there's still some lag, but it can be anticipated and worked around.

Turbine developers, please take a closer look into the lag generated by world events on Orien. Thank you.

sirgog
03-21-2011, 08:32 AM
On Orien, world events like Crystal Cove and Mabar create enough lag to make raiding unplayable. The worst of the lag occurs when Crystal Cove is open. Severe graphical stuttering and rubberbanding occur as well as 3-5 seconds of spell lag before the effect resolves. The lag also appears to mimic characters disconnecting, which can result in targets not getting healed. Every time this debilitating lag occurs, we've confirmed that Crystal Cove is open. The raid, difficulty and number of people in the raid don't appear to have any bearing -- we've experienced this issue in elite ToD (9 characters), normal Shroud (6 characters), epic VON (9 characters), elite Abbot (8 characters), epic Chrono (8 characters) and epic DQ (12 characters). The only common denominator: Crystal Cove is open. When Crystal Cove is closed there's still some lag, but it can be anticipated and worked around.

Turbine developers, please take a closer look into the lag generated by world events on Orien. Thank you.

I have this issue too on Khyber.

The play experience is actually similar to playing on a low-speed net connection - you can act fine much of the time, but when you are in an area with a lot of players and monsters acting, you start lagging behind.

I was in a raid that killed epic Lailat with me still seeing her at 75% hp.

I've encountered only one other person with this problem - the rest of my guild are all unaffected.

I've checked my internet speed (downloads fine at ~400KB/s = 3200Kbps, not ultrafast or anything, but it is 12 times the minimum 256Kbps needed to be considered broadband). I've checked my ping to gls.ddo.com which is normal.

mystafyi
03-21-2011, 08:37 AM
This problem will fix itself on march 27th(when the cove ends)

Its not just raids... even solo in quests you can start stuttering/lagging when cove opens. luckily, this isnt as much a problem since turbine nerfed the difficulty of quests

Traver
03-21-2011, 08:37 AM
This is true on orien. I have not been able to complete ToD due to lag during event in 5 separate attempts.

spyyder976
03-21-2011, 04:52 PM
This happens on all servers, and the lag can sometimes be stop and start stutter lag, or freezing for several seconds to over a minute. Also, I've experienced tons of disconnects for myself and party members, and some complete game crashes, as well as getting stuck on loading screens and having to restart the game. Last event, it got worse near the end of it as everyone was scrambling to finish. As more higher levels get done with all they're doing this round, they'll be moving on to other things, so I'd hope the lag might get less towards the end, but of course it may just mean more scrambling for folks who haven't had time to do their stuff yet.

Nite_Prowler
03-21-2011, 07:30 PM
Newsflash..................

This is not unique to the Orien servers