PDA

View Full Version : U9 - and new weapons

andbr22
03-20-2011, 06:34 PM
As we all now uninevitible nerf of x4 weapons (aka picks) is comming next update (U9).

That why I am thinking -> so as x4 weapons are no longer super overly powerfull while autocrit situation, so maybe it is good time to bring Scythes as weapon for players -> We know enemies use scythes sometimes so it you have model already...

You also could think about briniging Spear (simple piercing 2 hander also would make many people happy)...

JOTMON
03-20-2011, 09:14 PM
U9 will be the death of the benefit of the picks.

This will turn my dual wielded greensteel earthgrab light picks (dex based finess build) into vendor trash

Auto-crit was the only time where light or heavy picks were usefull compared to any other weapon.

Ashbinder
03-20-2011, 09:27 PM
I don't know the numbers but I'm betting on folks sticking to your typical DPS weapons: khopesh and greataxe. But yeah, greensteel heavy picks are now trash.

Hecore
03-20-2011, 09:28 PM
Auto-crit was the only time where light or heavy picks were usefull compared to any other weapon.

Crit Rage Barbarians. Deathnips aren't hideous either.

That said, they'll be mostly useless come mod 9, but at least rapiers will become viable again for trash.

Inferno346
03-20-2011, 09:30 PM
I don't know the numbers but I'm betting on folks sticking to your typical DPS weapons: khopesh and greataxe. But yeah, greensteel heavy picks are now trash.

This is somewhat off-topic from the OP, but falchions will be squarely ahead of greataxes now that auto-crit will not occur.

On topic: My cleric would like a spear :).

Kominalito
03-20-2011, 09:34 PM
i'm guessing update 18 will have all weps 1d6 (19x20 X2), fighters will have spell ability, mages can wear armor w/o penalty, every player has the same spell resistance, and the only people left will be PvP. OH and there will be a great seasonal event.

porq
03-20-2011, 09:39 PM
The new choice for triple earth will be..rapiers and scimitars?

stille_nacht
03-20-2011, 09:42 PM
The new choice for triple earth will be..rapiers and scimitars?

khopeshes and falchions is my guess, after all earthgrab is a set percentage, not on crit.

andbr22
03-21-2011, 02:43 AM
Soo much offtopics...

U9:
- Kops are best DPS weapons (loseing about 80% of weapon dmg per hit agains helpless enemies)
- The biggest loosers are Picks and DAxes (Picks loose 170%, DAxes (that were a bit better in helpless situation than Kops) lose 100% weapon dmg per hit)) <every was counted for Kensai III Fighter>.
- Picks in hands of Kensai still are very dependable weapon (comparable to Kops)...
- eSoS is eSoS nothing can go against it's domination in THF now.
- Falhons are better for auto crit than GAxes (still GAxe in hands of dwarf can be dependable (higher base dmg + racial enchantments)).
- Triple earth in epic will fall WAY behind usefullnes of LigIII (Not like it gona proc often now with +5 saves for enemies, and lighting strike now gona be boosted by 50% while enemies helpless). Triple Ice gona be total failure.
- While making enemies helpless gona be usefull, still now easier will be just nuke their butts.

donfilibuster
03-21-2011, 08:02 AM
Dun vendor or junk the greensteel trash tho, there's rumour that u9 crafting will be expanded later and greensteel deconstruction may see the light.

voodoogroves
03-21-2011, 08:11 AM
A pick has lower base damage but w/ improved crit is really in the same ballpark as the 18-20/x2 weapons. Kensai makes it even stronger.

They may be not as useful on your build, but they aren't quite trash.

Kinerd
03-21-2011, 05:52 PM
In fact, heavy picks will (still) be superior to rapiers/scimitars for Kensai III builds for raw DPS. They are still inferior to khopeshes, of course, but what can you do.