PDA

View Full Version : Why cant I buy Tomes?

skigeek1971
03-20-2011, 04:52 PM
Im a noob. I have started a character at level one with the 32 point build upgrade and cant buy any tomes to buff stats.... why?

PopeJual
03-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Im a noob. I have started a character at level one with the 32 point build upgrade and cant buy any tomes to buff stats.... why?

+1 tomes have a min level of 3.

+2 tomes have a min level of 7

+3 tomes have a min level of 11 and are all bound to character and only drop in raids, so you're EXTREMELY unlikely to see one before you're level 20.

+4 tomes have a min level of 15 and are all bound to character and only drop in a couple of end game raids. You're EXTREMELY unlikely to get one even when you are level 20.

lazylaz
03-20-2011, 04:59 PM
+1 tomes have a min level of 3.

+2 tomes have a min level of 7

+3 tomes have a min level of 11 and are all bound to character and only drop in raids, so you're EXTREMELY unlikely to see one before you're level 20.

+4 tomes have a min level of 15 and are all bound to character and only drop in a couple of end game raids. You're EXTREMELY unlikely to get one even when you are level 20.

That doesn't really tell him why he cant buy them.

Are you talking about purchasing from the turbine shop, Skigeek? They may not be showing for you since you aren't high enough level yet to use any, as per PopeJual's info.

skigeek1971
03-20-2011, 05:00 PM
I have a level 3 paladin and he cant buy one.... I laso read some where you are supposed to buy the tomes at level 1 and then use them at level 3 and 7.... is that true?

NinjaNeed
03-20-2011, 05:02 PM
If it is a store problem then try clicking on the "show all items" option, making sure it is set to True (or yes).

Also there are some unbound +3 and +4 tomes but they are super rare and expensive.

junior_w
03-20-2011, 05:05 PM
I'm not sure since I never bought any tome from the store, but I think can be happening two things:

1) Are you trying to buy the tomes acessing the store in character selection screen ? If yes you need to be logged with your character to buy.

2)Tome have minimum level to use. You need to be at least level 3 to use +1 and level 7 to use +2, maybe that restriction is applied to the store but I'm not sure.

lazylaz
03-20-2011, 05:05 PM
You don't have to buy them at level 1, you can wait until you're properly ready for the stat adjustment to come into play. Or not buy them at all, they aren't compulsory.

I don't know why your paladin can't buy a level 1 tome at least though.

skigeek1971
03-20-2011, 05:07 PM
It says " This item may not be purchased "

Ive tried logging on with both my level 1 and level 3 characters thru ingame store as well as from character selection screen. Ive also clicked show all items from store.

lazylaz
03-20-2011, 05:11 PM
Which tome exactly? I might log on a lowbie and see what it says for me.

Oh, and dumb question maybe but do you have enough TP?

skigeek1971
03-20-2011, 05:12 PM
All of them

lazylaz
03-20-2011, 05:16 PM
I'm at "Place Order" for a +2 str tome on a level 3 character. Are you able to get to that stage or are you denied before then?

skigeek1971
03-20-2011, 05:20 PM
It wont let me get that far... To even see the tomes I have to click yes on see all...... then all the tomes have " this item cannot be purchased "

lazylaz
03-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Well that sucks. I'm completely out of ideas now. Good luck getting it sorted.

skigeek1971
03-20-2011, 05:25 PM
Thanks for trying..... anyone else have any ideas...... I hope its not because i purchased 32 build characters... it would have been nice to know before hand if this would affect tome usage,,

Shaka808
03-20-2011, 05:33 PM
You should be able to buy the tomes even if they say may not be purchased, Ive done that before. Also I believe you need to be level 4 before they show up as available to purchase.

Raiar
04-05-2011, 06:51 PM
You don't have to be at the level to use a tome before you can buy it. (My level 3 purchased a couple of +2 tomes. They're not usable until level 7.) You do, however, have to be out of the intro instance. If you're still in Korthos and haven't been to Stormreach yet, then the tomes won't be available to buy. (My level 3 wasn't able to buy either the +1 tomes, which he was at the right level to use, or the +2 tomes while he was still in Korthos, but I ran the Misery's Peak quest and went to Stormreach and then was able to buy both. It was just slightly later the same day and I'd done no leveling or other changes in between. I'm pretty certain that finishing the Korthos intro was the deciding factor.)

Lorien_the_First_One
04-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Can I suggest that you not spend money on tomes if this is your first character? The difference, unless its required for a specific build plan reason, is minimal, and first characters tend to get deleted.

Rumbaar
04-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Make sure the purchasing character is NOT on Korthos Island, then try and access the Tomes you require. A lot of stuff is not able to be purchased while on the beginner island.

OverlordOfRats
04-05-2011, 07:11 PM
Also, If you are planning on buying +2s, don't buy +1s. They don't stack.

MartinusWyllt
04-05-2011, 07:24 PM
I think it might be because you don't have a 7th level character on that account. What I observed before having a 7th level character was "unable to purchase" then after new toon could buy but not use.

It could have had been a Korthos issue, I don't remember where I was when I first got taken in by the lure of a 50% sale on +2 tomes.

Stormanne
04-05-2011, 07:33 PM
Another thing...may not be applicable, but just in case...

Make sure you are not trying to purchase the tomes at the character select screen. You must be in game with a character.

stille_nacht
04-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Can I suggest that you not spend money on tomes if this is your first character? The difference, unless its required for a specific build plan reason, is minimal, and first characters tend to get deleted.

^^^^^^^

+2 tomes from the store give you 1, count it, 1 extra bonus from a given stat at those low levels, they arent worth it. Dont buy them.

Raiar
04-05-2011, 09:27 PM
I think it might be because you don't have a 7th level character on that account. What I observed before having a 7th level character was "unable to purchase" then after new toon could buy but not use.
Maybe they've changed the rules. As of March 18th I was able to buy two +2 Supreme Tomes with a level 3 character as the only character on my account. He can't use them, but he could buy them - at least he could once he finished the Korthos intro.