PDA

View Full Version : End the frustration with people who cant read

Rubiconn
03-20-2011, 03:28 PM
I understand that the free to play has brought a lot of new people into the game and I like that there are so many people out there.

I have been totally frustrated with the fact that people cant read, the lfm will have buy it now next to it and people will click it even though they dont have it.

Since Turbine likes to make things easier for the masses, can we please change this so that if you dont own the content the buy it now is still there but the quest is greyed out and people who dont have the content cant even join. I have spent the last 20 min standing in the sewers trying to fill one spot in STK and we have had 6 people join and drop because they dont own the quest, and yes it is listed in the LFM.

Sierim
03-20-2011, 06:12 PM
While I understand this frustration (I've dealt with quite a few instances like this), I don't think mechanically preventing people from joining is a good idea. Doing so would make using guest passes much more difficult. In addition, currently there is already a part of the UI that allows the user to block out content that is not owned, and while this doesn't help party leaders if players don't make use of it, I think it's working as intended.

The Group Tab serves three purposes, IMO: 1) To allow players to advertise groups, 2) to allow players to advertise their availability for groups, and 3) to advertise quests to non-VIPs as available to buy. I assume the third is why the UI is set to show unowned content by default. Is this always convenient when people don't read? No, but I don't think it makes much business sense to change it.

Falco_Easts
03-20-2011, 07:41 PM
I understand that the free to play has brought a lot of new people into the game and I like that there are so many people out there.

I have been totally frustrated with the fact that people cant read, the lfm will have buy it now next to it and people will click it even though they dont have it.

Since Turbine likes to make things easier for the masses, can we please change this so that if you dont own the content the buy it now is still there but the quest is greyed out and people who dont have the content cant even join. I have spent the last 20 min standing in the sewers trying to fill one spot in STK and we have had 6 people join and drop because they dont own the quest, and yes it is listed in the LFM.

Why wait 20 mins and not just short man it?

I agree, the buy it now should be enough but sometimes it's not.

Add a function that automatically buys the pack and deducts the TP from their account if they click to join. Hey, you obviously wanted to Buy it Now because you clicked right? J/k :)

Teech
03-20-2011, 07:43 PM
Why wait 20 mins and not just short man it?

I agree, the buy it now should be enough but sometimes it's not.

Add a function that automatically buys the pack and deducts the TP from their account if they click to join. Hey, you obviously wanted to Buy it Now because you clicked right? J/k :)

That might work. If they don't have the pack, clicking on it will open up a confirmation box, or send them to the DDO store with the pack selected for them and an explanation that they don't have the pack do they want to buy it etcetc...

Emili
03-20-2011, 07:44 PM
Pick the quest, go in it and then place up the LFM - in progress.

KillEveryone
03-20-2011, 07:45 PM
People still won't read.

It does bug me and I sympathise but I don't think Turbine is going to remove the human factor.

ColdNapalm
03-20-2011, 07:45 PM

Umm pretty sure that the quest with buy it now for packs you don't own IS greyed out.

Rubiconn
03-20-2011, 07:47 PM
We ended up 5 manning the whole thing with no healer.

I understand what you say about the guest passes, i would also love to see a temporary pass that you can purchase. Like 90 min in threnal for 125 TP, instead of buying the content for the whole server you get it for a while kind of like renting a movie. Turbine would make more money this way. If its priced correctly it can offer the person when they click on it to purchase a temp pass or a permanent pass. The other benefit is if someone wants to try content before they buy it they can buy a temp pass and find out if they like it.

BossOfEarth
03-20-2011, 10:14 PM
Halls of STK is a lint trap because it's one of the first quests you gotta buy. Lots of new players get around the social panel ban by asking for an invite, or by getting a blind invite (in the case of those high demand trap monkies and healers).

xxScoobyDooxx
03-20-2011, 10:17 PM
Is this the cookie thread? I like cookies.