PDA

View Full Version : In need of build help/advice

LoneWolfie
03-19-2011, 11:07 AM
I am a free player... have veteran status characters open and drow race open also have a shared bank which means i can send bound to account items to the new character for some basic gearing
I am a pretty new to the game player... been playing for less than 2 weeks
What i am trying to come up with is a build that can solo quickly and simply enough quests on norm/hard and some on elite to get 100 favor
I have done the 100 favor per server thing already to get the benifit of the extra tp
I can not open elite due to not being vip so i will most of the time be doing most quests twice or 3 times
looking to solo or to solo with a hireling... i am on varying hours day and night and varying days.
The following is a list i have compiled of quests i plan to do... haven't worked out the exact layout of quests ... will be testing to determine what i can do easily and speedily.
My end goal with this is to be able to get tp a little at a time and unlock adventure packs with it early on
One thing i just thought of as i looked this over is i have the catacombs adventure pack
I realize quite a few of those quests are quick and easy and could be done for some favor as well.

Korthos:
Storehouse
Heyton's
Cannith
Collaborator
Stopping the Sahuagin

Harbor:
Butcher's path
Information is key
Garrison's
Durk's Secret
Bringing the light
Kobold's new leader

also have the option of the 3 simple and fast solo quests for another 6 favor

what i'm looking for is a decent dps build probably 2 handed fighting
I am looking at maybe a paladin but will go something else if it's better
I like the look of the paladin for the emergency self heals
would like to go drow but am open to other race if it's better

what i need help with is the feats and enhancements to take
figuring on Toughness and 2 Handed Fighting feats
enhancements are the thing that baffle me
i'm sure i'm missing alot of info people will need but i really don't know what you will need
ask and i will try to answer if i can

Please don't tell me to buy vip as i can't... also don't suggest just buying tp... i will buy a little here and there as i can but the situation i am in i just can't throw very much at it.
Thank you in advance to those who help.

JuDaZ
03-19-2011, 02:31 PM
I usually do favor runs and I use this build

Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 3.8.0
DDO Character Planner Home Page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO)

Level 4 Neutral Good Human Male
(4 Barbarian)
Hit Points: 122
Spell Points: 0
BAB: 4\4
Fortitude: 7
Reflex: 1
Will: 0

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Abilities Base Stats Modified Stats
(28 Point) (Level 1) (Level 4)
Strength 18 19
Dexterity 10 10
Constitution 16 17
Intelligence 8 8
Wisdom 8 8
Charisma 8 8

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills (Level 1) (Level 4)
Balance 2 2
Bluff -1 -1
Concentration 3 3
Diplomacy -1 -1
Disable Device n/a n/a
Haggle -1 -1
Heal -1 -1
Hide 0 0
Intimidate -1 -1
Jump 8 8
Listen -1 -1
Move Silently 0 0
Open Lock n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a
Repair -1 -1
Search -1 -1
Spot -1 -1
Swim 4 4
Tumble n/a n/a
Use Magic Device n/a n/a

Level 1 (Barbarian)
Feat: (Selected) Toughness
Feat: (Human Bonus) Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons

Level 2 (Barbarian)

Level 3 (Barbarian)
Feat: (Selected) Toughness

Level 4 (Barbarian)
Enhancement: Barbarian Damage Reduction Boost I
Enhancement: Barbarian Damage Reduction Boost II
Enhancement: Barbarian Sprint Boost I
Enhancement: Barbarian Extend Rage I
Enhancement: Barbarian Hardy Rage I
Enhancement: Barbarian Power Rage I
Enhancement: Human Versatility I
Enhancement: Human Versatility II
Enhancement: Racial Toughness I
Enhancement: Barbarian Constitution I
Enhancement: Barbarian Toughness I
Enhancement: Barbarian Toughness II

HP = 122 + 5 (starter False Life belt) + 12 ragging
A DR 9/- Boost for elite quests and some bosses (the ogre from New Ringleader)
A 35% speed boost, no need to explain this =P
Human Versatility II: +3 Atk or +3 Dmg that can be used with DR boost
Uncany Dodge
Weapon Focus: +1 atk

With this build, guild buffs and a elite opener I can get the 100 favor in 45min (+or-).
If you dont have guild buffs, you should think about changing some enhancements for the ones with fire and electric resistance.

This are the quest I usually do:

Heyton's Rest = 6
The Storehouse's Secret = 6
The Cannith Crystal = 6
The Collaborator = 12
Stopping the Sahuagin = 9
Redemption = 9
Sacrifices = 9
Bringing the Light = 6
Information is Key = 12
Defend Haverdasher = 6
The Kobolds' New Ringleader = 12
Recovering the Lost Tome = 9
------------------------------------
102 Favor

BigBadBuro
03-19-2011, 06:58 PM
Isn't it easier to just pay? I mean 15 hours of hell or 7 bucks?

Dawnsfire
03-19-2011, 07:11 PM
Isn't it easier to just pay? I mean 15 hours of hell or 7 bucks?

My guess is no. The OP said...

Please don't tell me to buy vip as i can't... also don't suggest just buying tp... i will buy a little here and there as i can but the situation i am in i just can't throw very much at it.
Thank you in advance to those who help.

People are in different situations these days :(

OP: It is a bit old but Robi3.0 has an excellent guide here (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=2396345). I believe you'll find it still very useful. Best of luck!

simsiim
03-19-2011, 09:52 PM
How set are you wanting to go Drow and Pally ? I heard there is a decent Pal Drow build, never read it only heard of it.

Rangers is can be Soloable
Actually any class can, but some may require a race you do not have access to.

Bards are a lot tougher then you might think, and a lot of fun to play. Depending how you build it, your DPS comes from making others do the damage ;)

you can get a second Korthos set gear, so you may not want to skip out doing Misery Peak for another set. ( I am guessing you have the starter Vet set) let's say you start a Ranger you get the Pathfinders set from Vet starter, then run MP again and that one to save the mayors daughter, and get the Anger set (or any of the others )

About the favor runnning part:
if your just looking for something to run Favor Race - Dwarf, Class - Barbarian or Cleric
you might want to read some of the other builds used for Favor runners. Another Favor Runner idea (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=278406) read through it to see the different build ideas. My personal favorite is Human 2barb/2fig w/DM of Passage

the order of quest for Favor running are generally these (if vet Status)
first quest to be done there are MIA-hard
then Sunken Sewer -elite ,
then it's into Harbor.
Stealthy repo-elite,(if you can do it then go for it, I'm one that cannot . . . I do "Recovering the lost tome" in it's place but not right after ringleader)
Ringleader-elite
then it's to Garrison lost pack -elite,
Durks got a secrete-elite,
Havendasher -hard ,
drop over the edge and do
Bringing the light-elite,
Information is key -elite,
then (if you did not do stealthy repo)Recovering lost tome, -elite
after that Enter Korthos to do
Storehouse secrete- elite
and then last the Collaborator-elite. (would need an elite opener, if not you may just need to do Heytons rest, and Cannith crystal Normal , then Collaborator Hard )

If you can find a Elite opener, this will take 30-45 minutes after creation, or the once you start the run saying you grabbed any gear other then Starter to use, If you have to run each one starting with Normal, it'll be 3 hours +

I can't find it but there is also a thread discussing different options for quest for the 100 favor dash and steps used in each quest to speed the process. Ideally, you want to post a LFM for needing a Elite opener.
with a elite opener, there is no need for talking to the NPC to open the quest, it's just a matter of speed getting to the quest entrance, enter , select Elite, and dash to the end.

testing1234
03-19-2011, 10:08 PM
-dont make a caster unless you have warforged race.

-barbarian 1lvl are not to be underestimated the run speed 10% stacking and the boost for 20sec 35% stacking run speed is key, lot of hard stuff can just be outrun.

-rogue are not a good idea as they rely on sneak attack when your solo you dont get any sneak attack, and sneaking is simply to slow to be valid.

-2handed weapons are the way to go at low lvls, dwarf is the natural choice of race

-"clickies" are very powerful at low lvl, invest pp in potions/wands many things works on low lvl that does not on high

not spent much time doing what you want to do but remember it should be a race/class you enjoy to play at low lvl