View Full Version : Dodge bonus stacking

scoobmx
03-18-2011, 01:10 PM
Hi. I'm wondering how Dodge +1 bonuses stack among the following 4 sources:
1. The Dodge feat
2. An item with Dodge +1
3. Alchemical Armor Ritual
4. Alchemical Shield Ritual

Do they all stack? Or do none of them stack since it seems like they all give 'dodge' bonuses?

t0r012
03-18-2011, 01:13 PM
Hi. I'm wondering how Dodge +1 bonuses stack among the following 4 sources:
1. The Dodge feat
2. An item with Dodge +1
3. Alchemical Armor Ritual
4. Alchemical Shield Ritual

Do they all stack? Or do none of them stack since it seems like they all give 'dodge' bonuses?

1. feat stacks with everything
2. a dodge +1 item stacks so long as you don't have another +1 dodge item
3. Alchemy armor is a alchemy bonus not a dodge bonus and thus stacks with dodge
4. don't have a S&B toon so never tried a shield & armor ritual

Azonalanthious
03-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Its been a while since I've done an AC build (though my monk is kinda headed that way in a roundabout fashion just due to the items I've ended up with), so take this as 'what I remember' rather then as 'THIS IS TRUTH'. Disclaimer out of the way:

1) The dodge feat is actually untyped -- it stacks with anything/everything.
2) Actual dodge bonuses will not stack with other dodge bonuses of the same value, so two Dodge +1 effects will not stack. It will stack with dodge bonuses of other amounts though, so a Dodge +1 and a Dodge +3 would stack.
3+4) Both of these are classed as alchemical bonuses rather then actual dodge bonuses. As such, they will stack with dodge bonuses, but not with each other.

Angelus_dead
03-18-2011, 01:30 PM
2) Actual dodge bonuses will not stack with other dodge bonuses of the same value, so two Dodge +1 effects will not stack. It will stack with dodge bonuses of other amounts though, so a Dodge +1 and a Dodge +3 would stack.
Dodge bonuses of the same value can stack with each other, but item-dodge bonuses of the same value will not stack. For example, Chaosgarde +2 dodge won't stack with Mabar Cloak +2 dodge, but Icy Rainment +4 dodge will stack with Inspire Heroics +4 dodge.

EKKM
03-18-2011, 01:52 PM
Its been a while since I've done an AC build (though my monk is kinda headed that way in a roundabout fashion just due to the items I've ended up with), so take this as 'what I remember' rather then as 'THIS IS TRUTH'. Disclaimer out of the way:

1) The dodge feat is actually untyped -- it stacks with anything/everything.
3+4) Both of these are classed as alchemical bonuses rather then actual dodge bonuses. As such, they will stack with dodge bonuses, but not with each other.

The alchemy bonuses on shield and armour do stack. Don't know why, but they do.

coolpenguin410
03-18-2011, 01:53 PM

Coming from someone with a sword and board tank, this is untrue. One is an alchemical armor bonus, the other is an alchemical shield bonus. They stack with each other.