PDA

View Full Version : Make Epic Raid Tokens Useful

Srozbun
03-17-2011, 12:59 PM
The most common use of epic raid tokens right now is grinding them into epic dungeon tokens. Why not have epic raid tokens be specific to the raid (or non-raid 6 man end quest ex: Big Top, Tide, Deeps) that they drop from. Then allow 20 epic raid tokens of a specific raid to be turned in for any seal/shard/scroll from that raid.

Quarterling
03-17-2011, 01:09 PM
/signed

maestro973
03-17-2011, 01:14 PM
I'm gonna agree. I think at any time I have about 100+ raid tokens and a slew of regulars and little to do with either. In addition, it is even more of a pain as you can only do a 1 for 1 swap. Even if nothing else changes about it, it would be nice to see the ability to do 10 or all of them at a time.

Just to make an addendum to this I'd like to say that it would be nice to see more to be done with both epic raid and epic dungeon tokens in terms of rewards. Additional options for all the augments is something the community has been asking for, for some time now.

Alavatar
03-17-2011, 01:48 PM
What about epic content that has no raid such as the Deneith, Phiarlan, and Red Fens content?

stille_nacht
03-17-2011, 01:51 PM
What about epic content that has no raid such as the Deneith, Phiarlan, and Red Fens content?

he addressed that :]

im gonna say.... raise it to 40 or so. I feel like epic items should still be hard to get, but having a solid, non "man i hope it drops this time" way to get. and maybe have certain items "cost" more

NinjaNeed
03-17-2011, 01:52 PM

Then your not raiding to get the items in the first place, so there is no problem here.

/signed

Make them useful for something, maybe a new tier of enhancements that fit into a new slot on all raid only gear. For example a Crimson Slot, only appears on epic items where the base falls in a raid, needs 50 epic raid token and can be slotted with +3 stat, 30% healing amp etc.

Emili
03-17-2011, 01:53 PM
They are part of the epic crafting system ... the dev's should just increase recipes and place the better ones requiring epic raid tokens instead of the current lot which is the other way around.

strum1
03-17-2011, 02:20 PM
What I would love to see is they make it so that the quest giver can give you a list of shards to choose from for turning in 20 raid tokens. Either make it a random list for any shard in that pack like they do with named loot but need 20 raid tokens too. They can even list seals too.

Srozbun
03-17-2011, 02:28 PM
he addressed that :]

im gonna say.... raise it to 40 or so. I feel like epic items should still be hard to get, but having a solid, non "man i hope it drops this time" way to get. and maybe have certain items "cost" more

I too believe epic items should be hard to get. But some of the items in the current system are absolutely ridiculous (I'm looking at you sands). I know one person in my guild has been running desert sands for YEARS and he still does not have certain shards/seals/scrolls that he needs. 20 raid completions takes 60 days and would only account for 1/3 of the epic components needed (assuming that you don't get it in the chest which is pretty likely given the drop rates). There comes a point where "hard" turns into "pointless grind," and people lose hope that they will EVER be able to craft an item.