PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Cove + Other Events Suggestion For "Openings"

Blackbird
03-17-2011, 10:06 AM
This has probably been suggested before but the "openings" of the special quest should be tied to an "either/or" trigger. I.e. the Crystal Cove will open upon the sooner of turning in 5,000 map pieces or X amount of time (preferably no more than an hour). That way, when the event winds down or during off-peak times people can still play the event without having to spend hours and hours getting collectibles. During peak event times the Cove was opening less than every 30 minutes. The event restarted at 10 am EST today and on Thelanis, after an hour, it's not even halfway to opening. It doesn't make you want to run the event since you're not gaining much by running around killing. People run the event to run the Cove and if it's not opening, there is less desire to run it.

Yes, it would encourage people to go do other things and just wait the hour but if people were motivated to get the items (i.e. peak times), it would still open faster.

Dysmetria
03-17-2011, 12:37 PM
This has probably been suggested before but the "openings" of the special quest should be tied to an "either/or" trigger. I.e. the Crystal Cove will open upon the sooner of turning in 5,000 map pieces or X amount of time (preferably no more than an hour). That way, when the event winds down or during off-peak times people can still play the event without having to spend hours and hours getting collectibles. During peak event times the Cove was opening less than every 30 minutes. The event restarted at 10 am EST today and on Thelanis, after an hour, it's not even halfway to opening. It doesn't make you want to run the event since you're not gaining much by running around killing. People run the event to run the Cove and if it's not opening, there is less desire to run it.

Yes, it would encourage people to go do other things and just wait the hour but if people were motivated to get the items (i.e. peak times), it would still open faster.Perhaps adding some slayer experience for Smuggler's Rest would increase the desirability to farm the map pieces?

Alternately letting us convert gold doubloons into map pieces would kill two birds...

Westerner
03-17-2011, 12:43 PM
Note to self: resolve not to pike Smuggler's rest this time, and contribute to treasure map turn-in so Thelanis can get the cove open.