PDA

View Full Version : How can I trade with other players?

ddonoobgamer
03-17-2011, 06:45 AM
I use to be able to trade with other players by selecting their toon. When I do this, a picture of their toon would show up on the bottom left corner of the screen and there would be a trade button for me to select. As of yesterday, I somehow lost this. So now when I click on someone, nothing shows up on the bottom left corner of my screen. Is there a way to get this back?

This still works for all my other toons on the same account played on the same computer. It's only on my main toon that I no longer get the picture at the bottom left corner of the screen when I select another player (or npc for that matter).

elujin
03-17-2011, 06:48 AM
i think its called focus crystal you should be able to toggle it, in options somewhere .

Ironforge_Clan
03-17-2011, 06:50 AM
Check your user settings (options) in game. I believe there is a check box that allows you to except trade requests along with others. You might have accidently unchecked the box which would prohibit you from trading with someone.

ddonoobgamer
03-17-2011, 06:52 AM
When I do this, a picture of their toon would show up on the bottom left corner of the screen and there would be a trade button for me to select.

Ok, I meant to say bottom right corner of the screen, not left.

ddonoobgamer
03-17-2011, 06:57 AM
Check your user settings (options) in game. I believe there is a check box that allows you to except trade requests along with others. You might have accidently unchecked the box which would prohibit you from trading with someone.

I can except trade requests from others, I just can't start it. So I have to send a tell to the person to ask him to start the trade. It use to be that I can do it using the picture that shows up when I select him/her. I guess my title should've said how can I start a trade with someone. :)

donblas
03-17-2011, 07:04 AM
Do you have a gray box at bottom right with a magnifying glass, cogwheel and eye symbols? if so, click the eye. That will restore your focus orb.

Ironforge_Clan
03-17-2011, 07:05 AM
So what you are saying is that you lost your focus orb...right? Well I do know you can "minimize" it so it is just a small rectangle. You might have done that and it might be hidden behind some other element on your screen. I would suggest trying to select something and then looking for the "minimized orb".

I know this answer probably isn't much help but I have never heard or seen of the the ability to totally remove the focus orb.

Good luck.

elujin
03-17-2011, 07:08 AM
Do you have a gray box at bottom right with a magnifying glass, cogwheel and eye symbols? if so, click the eye. That will restore your focus orb.

the little eye could behiding behind outher stuff happend to me once too

donblas
03-17-2011, 07:09 AM
Yup I had to move my hotbars to find it.

ddonoobgamer
03-17-2011, 07:16 AM
Thank you to everyone who replied. :) Yes it turns out I somehow minimized it AND moved it underneath my hot key bars. So I didn't see it anywhere on the screen. I thought my main toon got somehow corrupted, so I was getting a bit worried hehe. Thanks again for the help!

donblas
03-17-2011, 07:17 AM
I'm glad you got a good result :)