PDA

View Full Version : Money in tha Bank

dozkal-mo
03-16-2011, 09:52 PM
Literally. I don't know if this idea has been suggested, but I'd like to be able to stash plat and whatnot in my bank, specifically in my shared bank, which does not count towards the max plat on a toon. I just want a faster way of transferring plat than mailing it. -_-

I mean...it's a bank....doesn't this make complete sense? Not asking for a savings account with interest. :P

Sirea
03-16-2011, 10:03 PM
Putting money in a bank? That's just crazy talk!

Dulcimerist
03-16-2011, 10:07 PM
I remember that one time when someone suggested this...

dozkal-mo
03-16-2011, 11:46 PM
Putting money in a bank? That's just crazy talk!

Yeah, I know, but I like to be a rebel and live on the edge. :D

Lizellea
03-17-2011, 04:33 AM
I agree with this. It is a pain to transfer plat let alone a friend you can trust to transfer a larger amount. Put a limit on how much can be in the bank too like 5 or 6 million that does not go with the 4mil plat that each toon can have. This would be a good thing and easier to acess when wanting to buy something from someone and having the plat on hand instead of making them wait for you to give them the plat from different toons to settle the bill.

Geraldicus
03-17-2011, 04:42 AM
You should at least be able to transfer more than the about 12k platinum limit you can send in one piece of mail. Sending money between different toons is a pain in the backside in the existing system.

blitzschlag
03-17-2011, 04:48 AM
they could sell socks n matresses in the store for the non-bank-believers...

fuzzy1guy
03-17-2011, 05:01 AM
The bank will just invest it into the latest coinlord scheme to get rich..

We're better off...

[/sarcasam ]

Dysmetria
03-17-2011, 06:42 AM
Literally. I don't know if this idea has been suggested, but I'd like to be able to stash plat and whatnot in my bank, specifically in my shared bank, which does not count towards the max plat on a toon. I just want a faster way of transferring plat than mailing it. -_-

I mean...it's a bank....doesn't this make complete sense? Not asking for a savings account with interest. :PWouldn't it make more sense to just have them raise the limit of how much we can mail than for them to try to program banks to accept and transfer coin from scratch?

locus
03-17-2011, 07:31 AM
No, sorry. The Coin Lords are way ahead of us in this matter - they've known for quite a while that plat was worthless and refused to invest in it (they just 'borrow' our items in bank and rent them out, for 'favors', when we're logged out, to cover costs of running bank + slush fund).

But yeah it would be nice to have plat storage in shared bank, but first bags for scrolls and spell components and such!

dozkal-mo
03-19-2011, 02:19 PM
Wouldn't it make more sense to just have them raise the limit of how much we can mail than for them to try to program banks to accept and transfer coin from scratch?

Understandable, but I don't like the risk of misspelling my toon's name and accidentally a boatload of plat to some random person.

Smexxy
03-19-2011, 02:47 PM
I agree with this. It is a pain to transfer plat let alone a friend you can trust to transfer a larger amount. Put a limit on how much can be in the bank too like 5 or 6 million that does not go with the 4mil plat that each toon can have. This would be a good thing and easier to acess when wanting to buy something from someone and having the plat on hand instead of making them wait for you to give them the plat from different toons to settle the bill.

There is a very specific reason that there can only be around a 4 mil plat cap per toon. it is called memory allocation and the unsigned integer. Google it.

donfilibuster
03-19-2011, 04:00 PM

I mean...it's a bank....doesn't this make complete sense? Not asking for a savings account with interest. :P

yep, suggested tons of times but the kundarak house won't buy it.

it's all a trick to bring adventurers to x'endrik on promise of riches, only to find it's easy to get plat on barrels and such.

what there should be is a 1:1 trade item, which in PnP was the role of gems.
but so many duergar mining gems that gems are worthless as well.
let's just do what planar traders do and exchange soulstones, lots of those in the harbor for the picking.

KillEveryone
03-19-2011, 07:58 PM
This is just too obvious of an idea. Not sure how well it will go over. :)

/signed