PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Cove (and similar events) on level 25

ssgcmwatson
03-16-2011, 07:16 PM
Since Crystal Cove on level 25 is essentially an epic dungeon, I propose that named enemies have a chance to drop epic token fragments similar to any other epic dungeon.

Dysmetria
03-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Since Crystal Cove on level 25 is essentially an epic dungeon, I propose that named enemies have a chance to drop epic token fragments similar to any other epic dungeon.I was doing CC on level 25 with groups of undergeared 18s. I have not done any epic dungeons yet as I TR as soon as I hit level 20, but from what I have heard they are far more challenging than CC@25.

dozkal-mo
03-16-2011, 09:50 PM
All I want is to leave early if we finish early. D:

Wildseed
03-16-2011, 10:54 PM
all I Want Is To Leave Early If We Finish Early. D:

Qft

ssgcmwatson
03-16-2011, 11:11 PM

Ok, yeah that too :)

Sir_Noob
03-16-2011, 11:13 PM
Qft

What does Qft mean?

Quick, find Tolero?

Dysmetria
03-16-2011, 11:49 PM
What does Qft mean?Quoted for truth.

locus
03-17-2011, 06:43 AM

Seriously. I could fit 3-4 in! ;) I guess that's the point- they want to restrict that.

But no, it should not drop epic fragments. The shards and gems are plenty, and the items they make.

Kaledor
03-17-2011, 06:53 AM
Aaaah.....No

The level 25 cove is nowhere near epic difficulty.

elujin
03-17-2011, 06:56 AM
its almost on par with the carnival epic's
they seem to have less hp but better saves in the cove and the bosses are a good deal easyer

Shade
03-17-2011, 07:01 AM
Since Crystal Cove on level 25 is essentially an epic dungeon, I propose that named enemies have a chance to drop epic token fragments similar to any other epic dungeon.

hah.. Sorry tahts not even close to accurate.

Crystal Cove on lvl25 is far close to a lvl18 or so dungeon set to casual. Maybe normal.

Sure the hitpoints and saves are high. Tho the HP is not nearly as high as most epics.. Saves are perhaps on par.

But the challenge is not there. High saves dont create challenge, they just slow down the deaths of the monster when attacked by casters.

The fact the mobs do about 1-5 damage per swing and cast no spells (except the named who cast very weak spells) is the reason the challenge is much close to casual in difficulty. Not to mention the fact that killing most of the mobs is entirely optional and not a big factor in winning. Simply agroing them and moving them away from the kobolds gets the job done.

It should not drop anything epic of the sort, and the loot gained from it should not be named epic either.

What it does need added, is some guild renown.

locus
03-17-2011, 07:11 AM
its almost on par with the carnival epic's
they seem to have less hp but better saves in the cove and the bosses are a good deal easyer
Those carnival casters! *shakes fist* I could pretty much tank everything on a wizard in crystal cove and while dancing irresistably five times in a row gets annoying, all I tend to lose is time, while stuff in any epics hits a LOT harder and one caster can usually cream me. The saves are higher in CC, but once I land a hold or, especially, a charm/suggestion, they don't wear off in 5-10 seconds (seriously, what's with the super fast wearing off of suggestion in epics?).

So, overall, the cove's easier but also more fun because I get to use more than one spell+a pick. Note that soloing the cove at level 25 on a rogue is a different matter entirely (so the above is "how much fun does my wizard have?"), and not one I'd recommend.

The guild renown for gold doubloons suggestions I've seen in some posts would rock (ratio of 5:1 to 1:1 doubloon to guild xp, not any higher, and even 10 doubloons to 1xp is fine, as those doubloons really add up and it would be pretty easy to grind tons of guild xp if, say, it was 1 doubloon to 10xp or similar).

bryanmeerkat
03-17-2011, 07:13 AM
I guess that's the point- they want to restrict that.

This
, its like having raid timers etc , gotta keep you ticking along without too much tocking

Alexandryte
03-17-2011, 07:18 AM
What does Qft mean?

Quick, find Tolero?

+1 just cuz I chuckled and knowing Tolero she prolly is too.