PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Cove Doubloons To Guild Renown

Kobayashi_Hatoko
03-16-2011, 12:05 AM
It looks like Crystal Cove is coming back with the changes announced in the update 8.2 notes. Items can no longer be sold, so what are we going to do with all the future doubloons we produce from future unwanted crafting gems?

How about make them barterable for guild renown?

Lorien_the_First_One
03-16-2011, 12:20 AM
That would be a great alternative. I think we lost a week's renown on that event last time lol

Bradik_Losdar
03-16-2011, 09:40 AM
Aye, very good suggestion.

Would certainly make all those extra gold coins worth something. :p

(and of course it's a great way to off set the renown loss from running the cove instead of questing :))

NiBB
03-16-2011, 09:43 AM
It looks like Crystal Cove is coming back with the changes announced in the update 8.2 notes. Items can no longer be sold, so what are we going to do with all the future doubloons we produce from future unwanted crafting gems?

How about make them barterable for guild renown?

/signed

SmashBang
03-16-2011, 09:44 AM
I would spend all my extra doubloons on that

/signed

Baervan
03-16-2011, 09:51 AM
/notsigned

You'd just end up having people skelly nuking for gems and recalling. Even soloist guilds could reach 100 rank if this was allowed...of course Turbine would be able to sell astral gems like hotcakes this way so it's not impossible. :o

UnderwearModel
03-16-2011, 09:58 AM
Sorry, Guild renown should not be earned from something that, at this point, is EASILY farmable.

People complained about the PLAT inflation, now you have guild inflation. There is no difference to me.

Since I only play in my own guild, which is me, myself, and I, this would benefit me. But I don't want it.

The coins and recipes from Risia Ice Games do not do that. When I run Risia I don't get renown or EXP, it is my choice to run Risia. I miss out on the EXP bonus and the loot. My choice. A trade off, you run Risia for the ability to add another ability to your weapons, making them more uber, craft gems, or create a wand.

The Coins from Festivult do not do that. Festivult Coins you get by doing quests so you are earning guild renown and loot.

Mabar motes did not do that. I could choose to run Mabar, or run quests and get loot and renown. My choice. A trade off, you run Mabar for some quite unique loot that you won't find in the game.

The Egghunt did not do that. I earned zero favor but I got Supreme ABility potions.(ick). My choice. I could have ran quests to get bonus EXP and loot and renown, or run the egghunt for the chance I MIGHT pull something cool.

This sounds like another easy button to me and will be QUICKLY abused and screamed about by players that earned it the old fashioned way.

Darkrok
03-16-2011, 09:58 AM
For people that played this for the actual items it was the dragonshards that created the bottleneck. That meant a HUGE number of excess gems and by extension doubloons.

Last time there was an indirect plat return available. This time, there's no non-inventory clogging way to dump doubloons (especially the gold ones). Seems like a great option!

/notsigned

You'd just end up having people skelly nuking for gems and recalling. Even soloist guilds could reach 100 rank if this was allowed...of course Turbine would be able to sell astral gems like hotcakes this way so it's not impossible. :o

That would all depend on the details. It doesn't have to be a ton of renown but just something would be a nice change.

Dulcimerist
03-16-2011, 10:04 AM
I'm going to go after stacks of those items that summon elementals, but I will likely have a ton of leftover gold doubloons. If they had something worthwhile for gold doubloons, such as renown, I would totally go for it. I really wish I could trade golds for shards...

Irinis
03-16-2011, 10:06 AM
I'm going to go after stacks of those items that summon elementals, but I will likely have a ton of leftover gold doubloons. If they had something worthwhile for gold doubloons, such as renown, I would totally go for it. I really wish I could trade golds for shards...

This.

Shaamis
03-16-2011, 10:07 AM
For people that played this for the actual items it was the dragonshards that created the bottleneck. That meant a HUGE number of excess gems and by extension doubloons.

Last time there was an indirect plat return available. This time, there's no non-inventory clogging way to dump doubloons (especially the gold ones). Seems like a great option!

That would all depend on the details. It doesn't have to be a ton of renown but just something would be a nice change.

I'd say a stack of doubloons (gold) 9999 of them for 100 reknown is a fair exchange.

Berjik
03-16-2011, 10:23 AM
I like this idea, I think they just need to lower the drop rate for gems in the cove.

patang01
03-16-2011, 10:28 AM
Make it possible to convert them to gems of any type and coins. Same with gems, make the gems possible to convert to any type of gem.

That's how it works with copper, silver gold and plat. I don't understand why pirates have to be different.

Or allow us to go to irestone island and hide our dabloons like real pirates do. Yarrr.

Darkrok
03-16-2011, 10:57 AM
I'd say a stack of doubloons (gold) 9999 of them for 100 reknown is a fair exchange.

Exactly. You'll get far less reknown doing the event (even gem farming it) than if you'd ran quests but at least you'd get something.