PDA

View Full Version : Enhanced True Reincarnation

Ganak
03-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Want to make some $bling$ Turbine?

Enhanced True Reincarnation

When you ETR, you regain any +3 or +4 tomes you ate in a past life at the appropriate level.

Many, including me, are hesitant to TR toons who have eaten +4 tomes. I've saved or am saving a great number of +4 tomes to after a TR. But, once I've TR'd and eaten a +4 tome, I will not TR again unless for a dire reason. Thats no more TP I am spending on hearts of wood.

If I could TR and save my hard earned raid tomes, I would spend a lot more $.

Granted good arguments against it, I suspect the majority would be happy and you can charge more for a enhanced TR. Bling.

Lithic
03-15-2011, 09:26 PM
This would be especially good for those going for completionist, as they are penalized if the devs come out with a new class.

I'd also add keeping your raid completions, as waiting for 20th rewards makes some people wait months to TR. Throw in the possibility of a sex change, for all those WF females who found out thier mistake in their 4th life *cough*predat*cough*

Keep the enhanced hearts in the store, make them something like 25% more than true hearts, and I think Turbine would have a winner.

QuantumFX
03-15-2011, 09:35 PM
Throw in the possibility of a sex change, for all those WF females who found out thier mistake in their 4th life *cough*predat*cough*

They should sell custom voice kits in the DDO Store. I would imagine Kobold Cove Kit would be a super hot seller.

Requiro
03-16-2011, 04:38 AM
Want to make some $bling$ Turbine?

Enhanced True Reincarnation

When you ETR, you regain any +3 or +4 tomes you ate in a past life at the appropriate level.
(...)

(...)
make them something like 25% more than true hearts, and I think Turbine would have a winner.

They should sell custom voice kits in the DDO Store. I would imagine Kobold Cove Kit would be a super hot seller.

Very good ideas. More money for Turbine = more Updates = more time spending on game improvements (if any… but this is other story...)

I give another one:

Superior True Reincarnation

Benefit: True Reincarnation with all Tomes saved and option to start with Veterans status.
Cost: +50% more then normal True Reincarnation. Only in DDO Store.

Of course: If you True Reincarnation again after Superior or Enhanced you lose all your tomes :) (just to be sure that from now you must buy only Enhanced or Superior ones :p )

Teharahma
03-16-2011, 05:01 AM
Very good ideas. More money for Turbine = more Updates = more time spending on game improvements (if any… but this is other story...)

I give another one:

Superior True Reincarnation

Benefit: True Reincarnation with all Tomes saved and option to start with Veterans status.
Cost: +50% more then normal True Reincarnation. Only in DDO Store.

Of course: If you True Reincarnation again after Superior or Enhanced you lose all your tomes :) (just to be sure that from now you must buy only Enhanced or Superior ones :p )

Here's where you messed up.
+1 and +2 tomes are sold in the store, thus it would be more money for them then a 50% increase on the TR heart.

Requiro
03-16-2011, 05:14 AM
Here's where you messed up.
+1 and +2 tomes are sold in the store, thus it would be more money for them then a 50% increase on the TR heart.

Maybe :) Maybe not. Turbine knows exactly how much +1 and +2 Tomes are sold. So they can do some math. This is only suggestion (maybe +75% will be good? That’s only Turbine will know)

BTW: Are there anyone who bought +1 Tome in DDO store? :eek:

sephiroth1084
03-16-2011, 05:26 AM
I'd buy one of these.

Shade
03-16-2011, 05:40 AM
Why should it be a store item?

Such an incredibly powerful reward should imo, always be available in the game. Sure they could also put in on teh store.

Bu store-exclusivei tems? No.

You are basicallly saying:
Hey turbine, let me pay you to cheat. I will pay a lot to cheat.

No.

The DDO store is not for that. It's to let you pay for convienience. Not exclusive options players who otherwise cant afford or dont want to pay for cant get. The devs themselves have always said this. The best loot will always be available in game. I can even link the interview where they said it if you desire.

I'd like to see it as an option for the 5000 favor reward when it hits.

You can 1 of any of these as the reward for 5000 favor:
Heart of Supreme Reincarnation (same as true but keep your tomes)
Any +4 tome of your choice
A unique set of armor thats not possible to get anywhere else in the game. It would be roughly the same stats as Red scale, maybe a little less AC/Dex bonus but looks unique. "Legend of Stormreach armor" it would be called, a true veteran reward.

Since the other 2 rewards are very powerful, and you can only pick 1 per TR... The store version of the hearts would still sell extremely well. As most would choice either hte armor, or a +4 tome, then use store verison to maintain that tome.

Or alternative drop location since 5000 favr wont be available for years:
Any elite or epic raid, with a very small drop chance (0.1%) unbound.

Requiro
03-16-2011, 05:47 AM
(...)
Hey turbine, let me pay you to cheat. I will pay a lot to cheat.
(...)
The DDO store is not for that. It's to let you pay for convienience. Not exclusive options players who otherwise cant afford or dont want to pay for cant get.
(...)

You are mistaken. Do you find anywhere Huge Bags? Do you get anywhere additional rest shrines? Do you find anywhere Supreme ability Tomes? No.

but:

You can still get Supreme and Enhanced True Reincarnation: By doing True Reincarnation and eat some +4 tomes :)

Same as Huge bags: you can get small/medium/large and that is almost the same.

Same as supreme ability Tome: you must just eat all tomes :)

and BTW: DDO store is for money and money only.

Shade
03-16-2011, 05:51 AM
You are mistaken. Do you find anywhere Huge Bags? Do you get anywhere additional rest shrines? Do you find anywhere Supreme ability Tomes? No.

Huge bags are a conveience option. One can get the same results by carrying a couple large bags instead. It's certianly less convient to have 1 less inventory slot for sure, but its not really a power incresase.

Supreme Abilty tomes: They are just a full stack of +2 tomes combined into 1. They are available on the auction house right now on my server. It might be mroe convient to have all the stats pop at once, but that saves you what, 60 seconds or so versus reading all 6?

Rest shrine: Turn in large ebberon shards to get these. I have a few already. Unbound. I have never used to the store to get them.

There are items that are not available in the game that up player power unfortunately tho:
So called "Cosmetic" hats. Since these hats neither use an equip slot and the skill bonuses they grant fully stack with everything, they are imo... Cheating. Im really disapointed in turbine for doing this with the hats, but oh well, they aren't major bonuses or anything.

Requiro
03-16-2011, 05:54 AM
(...)conveience option(...)

Same as our proposal:

"You can still get Supreme and Enhanced True Reincarnation: By doing True Reincarnation and eat some +4 tomes"

Shade
03-16-2011, 05:57 AM
Same as our proposal:

"You can still get Supreme and Enhanced True Reincarnation: By doing True Reincarnation and eat some +4 tomes"

Perhaps.

But thats a convience that could save one years of grind. It's imo, too powerful of a convienience.

I will agree you got me on that point and don't like putting others suggestions down. I think its a good suggestion, I just feel it should have an ingame option.

But I really don't make those calls. Turbine does, so good luck getting what you asked for.

Krag
03-16-2011, 07:20 AM
For once I agree with Shade.
Selling win buttons in the DDO store is a terrible idea no matter how you look at it.

Cyr
03-16-2011, 08:31 AM
/not signed

As a standard feature of TR's sure. That way you can get it in game.

To many threads that try and convince Turbine to do something the way they should have done things originally by attaching an extra price tag to it.

Requiro
03-16-2011, 09:06 AM
For once I agree with Shade.
Selling win buttons in the DDO store is a terrible idea no matter how you look at it.

Where did you see win button ?

Can you TR? Yes
Can you eat +1 tome? Sure
Can you eat +2 tome? Hell yes!
Can you eat +3 tome? Yes? No? Maybe?
Can you eat +4 tome? Sweet...

So this is the same as normal TR in game.

The only change will be in time. Yep - in time. Nothing more.

So tell me: Where is the win button? :)
Where is the big difference that made this option overpowered?
You still have to: Get level 20 to TR, find +3 or +4 tome, and they activated only when you get proper level in new live (11 nad 15)

Krag
03-16-2011, 10:17 AM
Where did you see win button ?

There are lots of people (myself included) who would give a lot of cash or ingame platinum/tokens/whatever to keep their hard earned tomes.

You may argue if such a POWERFUL option should be allowed or not but if persisting tomes will ever be implemented it shouldn't be the "store only" option.