PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question conerning LR+ and Multiclass

Alexandryte
03-15-2011, 05:37 PM
So....just to double check...if I want to replace 2 levels of fighter with 2 of rogue getting rid of fighter entirely I first need to convert those levels to one of another class within my multi-class build (12monk/6pal/2fight) before I can change the build to 12monk/6pal/2rog

Meaning
12monk/6pal/2fit -> 14monk/6pal -> 12monk/6pal/2rog

which means i need 2 +3lesser hearts.

Is my understanding correct? Cuz right now Im staring at a character creation screen and cant select rogue as my first level.

HGM-Chi
03-15-2011, 05:52 PM
This is correct. I found that out the hard way myself, trying to switch a 2 level splash.

Annoying, isn't it?

Alexandryte
03-15-2011, 05:59 PM
Just a tad....

but meh....as soon as the lifetime sub kicks in its a moot point. Just requires time, on both fronts.

Myrddinman
03-15-2011, 06:47 PM
Just a tad....

but meh....as soon as the lifetime sub kicks in its a moot point. Just requires time, on both fronts.

Congrats on the Lifetime Sub win :D And like probably most other people, I discovered this the hard way as well. So yes, 2 LR+3 will get you there.

Bobthesponge
03-15-2011, 07:10 PM
So....just to double check...if I want to replace 2 levels of fighter with 2 of rogue getting rid of fighter entirely I first need to convert those levels to one of another class within my multi-class build (12monk/6pal/2fight) before I can change the build to 12monk/6pal/2rog

Meaning
12monk/6pal/2fit -> 14monk/6pal -> 12monk/6pal/2rog

which means i need 2 +3lesser hearts.

Is my understanding correct? Cuz right now Im staring at a character creation screen and cant select rogue as my first level.
need more info, specifically when you took each level. so i am just gonna gueses...

did you take fighter at the first level? it has been a while since i LR'd (when it first came out to fix a bad build) but iifc when you change a level - even to an existing class level - it counts.

what i mean is this: you have 12monk/6pal/2fight. if your leveling path went m-m-f-p-p-p-p-p-p-f-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m then changing to rouge at level 1 replaces a monk level and NOT a fighter level. so to get 12monk/6pal/2rog with a single +2 LR you need to go m-m-R-p-p-p-p-p-p-R-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m

if you are in this situation and really want rogue at lvl 1 (which i would think you would) why don't you use a single +3 LR? the path would be this: R-m-R-p-p-p-p-p-p-M-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m

you are replacing monk with rogue at lvl1, ftr with rge at level 3 and ftr with monk at level 10.

Alexandryte
03-15-2011, 08:06 PM
need more info, specifically when you took each level. so i am just gonna gueses...

did you take fighter at the first level? it has been a while since i LR'd (when it first came out to fix a bad build) but iifc when you change a level - even to an existing class level - it counts.

what i mean is this: you have 12monk/6pal/2fight. if your leveling path went m-m-f-p-p-p-p-p-p-f-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m then changing to rouge at level 1 replaces a monk level and NOT a fighter level. so to get 12monk/6pal/2rog with a single +2 LR you need to go m-m-R-p-p-p-p-p-p-R-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m

if you are in this situation and really want rogue at lvl 1 (which i would think you would) why don't you use a single +3 LR? the path would be this: R-m-R-p-p-p-p-p-p-M-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m

you are replacing monk with rogue at lvl1, ftr with rge at level 3 and ftr with monk at level 10.

It would be nice if that worked but alas you cannot have 4 classes at any point.

I ended up managing to trade one fighter for another monk lvl and then the other fighter lvl for rogue so all i need now is a +1.

Unless theres some weird rules Im just gonna use the +1 greater that i have banked. No one seems to want to trade up on their hearts.

Myrddinman
03-15-2011, 08:39 PM
You know, this brings to mind that argument about seeing your current leveling progress prior to reincarnating, so that you can better plan for it. It can certainly get confusing when you have to decide when you swap a level of one class for another.

Example:
You want to switch a level to Fighter (which gives a bonus feat) and want to take IC: Whatever (Fighter Bonus Feat) with level 1 Fighter, but the prereq. is BAB +8. You're swapping your 1 level of Barb for Fighter. But you created the character last year and can't remember when you took that level of Barb. Did you take it at BAB +8 or higher, so you can do a 1 level swap and take IC: Whatever? Or did you take Barb at level 6 originally and are out of luck with the feat?

Even I'm confused thinking about it :eek:

Alexandryte
03-15-2011, 08:52 PM
You know, this brings to mind that argument about seeing your current leveling progress prior to reincarnating, so that you can better plan for it. It can certainly get confusing when you have to decide when you swap a level of one class for another.

Example:
You want to switch a level to Fighter (which gives a bonus feat) and want to take IC: Whatever (Fighter Bonus Feat) with level 1 Fighter, but the prereq. is BAB +8. You're swapping your 1 level of Barb for Fighter. But you created the character last year and can't remember when you took that level of Barb. Did you take it at BAB +8 or higher, so you can do a 1 level swap and take IC: Whatever? Or did you take Barb at level 6 originally and are out of luck with the feat?

Select your character on Myddo

Scroll down to Recent Activity, click view full list

Filter only lvls or whatever is your preference.

Bogenbroom
03-15-2011, 09:01 PM
Hey, related question... I have never done a rezz with a class swap, but I have the heart for it... When going through the rezz process, do you have anyway of knowing what class you took at the level you are working on? I mean when you level up do you get some sort of option to take the class you originally took or change? How does that work?

Alexandryte
03-15-2011, 09:06 PM
Hey, related question... I have never done a rezz with a class swap, but I have the heart for it... When going through the rezz process, do you have anyway of knowing what class you took at the level you are working on? I mean when you level up do you get some sort of option to take the class you originally took or change? How does that work?

When on the ship the class you took at that lvl normally, is on the top of the other options.

While in the character creation screen it will yell at you when you deviate with a popup box.

Myrddinman
03-15-2011, 09:11 PM
Select your character on Myddo

Scroll down to Recent Activity, click view full list

Filter only lvls or whatever is your preference.

WOW...thanks!!! I never really looked at MyDDO because of the issues ;)

Failedlegend
03-15-2011, 09:33 PM
It would be nice if that worked but alas you cannot have 4 classes at any point.

I ended up managing to trade one fighter for another monk lvl and then the other fighter lvl for rogue so all i need now is a +1.

Unless theres some weird rules Im just gonna use the +1 greater that i have banked. No one seems to want to trade up on their hearts.

I don't see how rogue+fighter + monk = 4 classes?

you lr/gr = you start at level 1 and level up i dont see why you would need more than a +2 to do that +3 if you want to change lvl 1 to rogue yet still keep that lvl of that clas

Myrddinman
03-15-2011, 10:00 PM
I don't see how rogue+fighter + monk = 4 classes?

you lr/gr = you start at level 1 and level up i dont see why you would need more than a +2 to do that +3 if you want to change lvl 1 to rogue yet still keep that lvl of that clas

I believe what's happening is (from the OP)...

Character is currently 12 Monk/Pally 6/Fighter 2
OP wants to reincarnate (eventually) into 12 Monk/Pally 6/Rogue 2
The only class that needs to be changed is Fighter 2 for Rogue 2
Because of the way Reincarnation works you cannot swap everything at one time, meaning you need to do it one level at a time
As soon as 1 level of Fighter is swapped with 1 level of Rogue, it creates 4 classes (12 Monk/Pally 6/Fighter 1/Rogue 1)
So, the OP will have to first swap 2 levels of Fighter for 2 more levels of Monk (or Pally), which will result in Monk 14/Pally 6 (or Monk 12/Pally 8)...and then wait a week ;)
Next the OP will swap those 2 extra levels of Monk (or Pally) for Rogue, which will result in the desired 12 Monk/Pally 6/Rogue 2
Because Turbine so artfully negated a LR +2, the OP will need to use two LR +3 to make the appropriate changes

Does this make sense, cuz' I think I even managed to confuse myself in the explanation :p

Failedlegend
03-15-2011, 10:23 PM
I believe what's happening is (from the OP)...

Character is currently 12 Monk/Pally 6/Fighter 2
OP wants to reincarnate (eventually) into 12 Monk/Pally 6/Rogue 2
The only class that needs to be changed is Fighter 2 for Rogue 2
Because of the way Reincarnation works you cannot swap everything at one time, meaning you need to do it one level at a time
As soon as 1 level of Fighter is swapped with 1 level of Rogue, it creates 4 classes (12 Monk/Pally 6/Fighter 1/Rogue 1)
So, the OP will have to first swap 2 levels of Fighter for 2 more levels of Monk (or Pally), which will result in Monk 14/Pally 6 (or Monk 12/Pally 8)...and then wait a week ;)
Next the OP will swap those 2 extra levels of Monk (or Pally) for Rogue, which will result in the desired 12 Monk/Pally 6/Rogue 2
Because Turbine so artfully negated a LR +2, the OP will need to use two LR +3 to make the appropriate changes

Does this make sense, cuz' I think I even managed to confuse myself in the explanation :p

Hmm well either way he should probably wait for the next update its probably gonna be pretty big...might force him to L/GR again.

Myrddinman
03-15-2011, 10:28 PM
Hmm well either way he should probably wait for the next update its probably gonna be pretty big...might force him to L/GR again.

???

Is there something in U9 that will affect any of the OP's classes? Serious question, as I've only seen Sorc, Fav Soul and Crafting. Although it would be nice to see something for Ninja Spy III.

Failedlegend
03-16-2011, 01:02 AM
???

Is there something in U9 that will affect any of the OP's classes? Serious question, as I've only seen Sorc, Fav Soul and Crafting. Although it would be nice to see something for Ninja Spy III.

No but apparently what they've revealed so far is only about half of it.

Bobthesponge
03-18-2011, 01:28 PM

ah. well spotted, grasshopper.

Bobthesponge
03-18-2011, 01:32 PM

Example:

once again, been a while since i did this bur doesn't the dialogue tell you what class you are at each level? not explicitly (you took a FTR at lvl 4) but implicitly (you studied as a warrior and can continue with this or choose another path).

Myrddinman
03-18-2011, 01:43 PM
once again, been a while since i did this bur doesn't the dialogue tell you what class you are at each level? not explicitly (you took a FTR at lvl 4) but implicitly (you studied as a warrior and can continue with this or choose another path).

Yes, it defaults to the class you originally took for that level. I was more thinking about the actual planning of it, outside of the game and mainly for feats and their prereqs.

But it sounds like the MyDDO option is viable; I just haven't tried it yet.