PDA

View Full Version : Reaver's Refuge grind



der_kluge
03-15-2011, 05:04 PM
Can we fix the Reaver's refuge grind?

Problems:

No one ever runs the quests on anything other than casual.
No one gives a **** about exploring the wilderness areas.
SoS pug groups are really hard to do, since few people remain actively flag for this quest.

Like the reduction in Gianthold grind, it would be nice if flagging for this quest was only required once. Instead of 3 runes, go back to the original 6.

Instead of 3 rune stones, require all 6. Like the current process, this requirement need only be met one time.

Instead of requiring all 3 essences every time, just require them once.

To encourage people running the flagging quests, add some named loot to those quests. Note: Toothpick != nice loot.

Have SoS no longer drop a guaranteed 50 draconic runes. Have it be a variable number, increasing with the difficulty of the quest. More on elite, etc.

Furthermore, have the nicer eldritch runes drop on elite, vs. normal.

Give a slight increase in draconic rune drop rates from the flagging quests.

Once more high level content is added to DDO, I could see Reaver's getting highly neglected.

I'm open to other ideas here, but I definitely think this area has problems.

Bodic
03-15-2011, 05:13 PM
this is not needed at all

you want eldritch runes go farm up some Draconic's that is quick and easy you get the exact 1 you want.

I for 1 know I run them all on the various difficulty settings for XP mostly Monastary as you can walk in 17 and out 18-19 easy.

I can say the grind is nothing recently we ran each quest 1-3x's just to flag and get a couple of runes as my toon was the only 1 needing runes by the end of it I had exactly what I wanted so a few hours grind is nothing in comparison to what it was.

tgun
03-15-2011, 05:21 PM
No. Reaver's Refuge is fine as is.

With runes being identified now it went from one of the worst random grinds in game to one of the easiest grinds.

All it takes to rerun SOS is a quick Prey run to get the essence from there. Use your 50 draconics from previous SOS to buy the 2 cheapest essences. Simple.

If you want to run the wilderness areas then go run them, it doesnt take a full party to do so.

If you want to run on something besides casual, put up a LFM.

fuzzy1guy
03-15-2011, 05:23 PM
The grind is gone from reavers for the most part and it's not that much of a problem at all anymore.

The re-flag mechanic is the only thing still wrong out here. And even that isnt that bad since you can just go run 1 quest or so and grab an ess + farm some dracs and buy the flag again.


have the nicer eldritch runes drop on elite, vs. normal.
.

Nicer is completely subjective and what you consider nice i may consider complete garbage.



If anything this area just needs more quests than the 3 (4) out there. It's such a pain in the butt to get to and out of for most people. They don't like to hang around at all after getting their armor done. maybe a new quest with some named loot worth using.

voodoogroves
03-15-2011, 05:24 PM
I like Reaver's Refuge; it is very tolerable now. I also am a huge fan of the explorer area for moderate, quick, easy XP.

Barumar
03-15-2011, 05:31 PM
I like Reaver's Refuge; it is very tolerable now. I also am a huge fan of the explorer area for moderate, quick, easy XP.

I agree, the improvements made recently have made a HUGH difference.

Not only can you buy each of the 3 essences with Draconic Runes you get from explorer area rare chests and from the quests (making it quick and easy to run multiple SoS runs), but you can crunch the unwanted Runes down and combine back again for more chances at your Rune of choice.

Running this (less that 10 times each) in the past few months with my Guildies, I was able to get my DoS Pally the Soversign of his dreams, but also got my healbot Cleric hers :).

Being able to identify the Runes in the chest, and pass them to who can best use them is HUGE!!!

Barumar

Bogenbroom
03-15-2011, 09:55 PM
Personally, I think they over did it with the easy-ifying the RR. I think I would prefer it if casual did not offer you identified runes.

Lorien_the_First_One
03-15-2011, 10:01 PM
I'd just like to see the runes BtA, like the items from most of the new quests now.

sirgog
03-16-2011, 12:23 AM
Personally, I think they over did it with the easy-ifying the RR. I think I would prefer it if casual did not offer you identified runes.

I'd rather that Casual offer only the less popular runes (Resist 30s, Striding, Improved False Life, +3 exceptional skills, +6 stat, the weaker guards, etc); Elite always offers the more popular runes (Resist +5, 10/20 healing amp, Greater Spell Pen 8, Disintegration/Radiance guards, etc) and Normal and Hard offer different combinations of the two (say, Normal 67% chance to get a Casual rune, 33% Elite and Hard the other way around).


According to a poster with inside info, the Sovereign runes already have a 'Rare' list and a 'Common' list, with a specific common rune (example: Earthen Guard, which is actually one of the best) having a 4.2% drop rate and specific rare runes (example: Disintegration Guard) having a 1.6% drop rate. Just upping the 'rare' drop rate on Elite would be a big improvement.

Lleren
03-16-2011, 06:15 AM
I'd just like to see the runes BtA, like the items from most of the new quests now.

Would love this.

blitzschlag
03-16-2011, 06:25 AM
reaver refuge is a huuge chunk of my lvl 19/20 xp on any tr.

and i personally know nobody that runs the quest on casual. not even prey for runes. don't talk in generalizations if you're only talking about yourself.

although sos i usually only run normal. everything more is usually just a sink of resources even on a top notch group.

bryanmeerkat
03-16-2011, 06:26 AM
Can we fix the Reaver's refuge grind?

Problems:

No one ever runs the quests on anything other than casual.
No one gives a **** about exploring the wilderness areas.
SoS pug groups are really hard to do, since few people remain actively flag for this quest.

Like the reduction in Gianthold grind, it would be nice if flagging for this quest was only required once. Instead of 3 runes, go back to the original 6.

Instead of 3 rune stones, require all 6. Like the current process, this requirement need only be met one time.

Instead of requiring all 3 essences every time, just require them once.

To encourage people running the flagging quests, add some named loot to those quests. Note: Toothpick != nice loot.

Have SoS no longer drop a guaranteed 50 draconic runes. Have it be a variable number, increasing with the difficulty of the quest. More on elite, etc.

Furthermore, have the nicer eldritch runes drop on elite, vs. normal.

Give a slight increase in draconic rune drop rates from the flagging quests.

Once more high level content is added to DDO, I could see Reaver's getting highly neglected.

I'm open to other ideas here, but I definitely think this area has problems.

Well I tend to run each of the flagging quests 5-6 time for xp anyway so usually have plenty of SoS items available . Only advancement i would like to see is stacking on the various essences so that I dont have to use half my bank to store them .

People do run it on normal /hard /elite as well . Maybe at 20 they only do casual but its fairly easy and completing on normal gives some of that xp stuff which is useful .

Id also get rid of that annoying boat bit and make it easier to get there .

pie2655
03-16-2011, 06:27 AM
Reaver's Refuge isnt just a good area, its very fun, interesting, and a cool storyline. I really enjoy questing and slaying there.

Ganak
03-16-2011, 06:28 AM
They did fix it, used to be worse.