PDA

View Full Version : bags for wands and pots

korerok
03-15-2011, 02:37 PM
this is my 1st post so dont no if im doing it right or itf it is in the right place but here it go's

i dont no if this has been talked about befor but dos any one els think that bags for wands an pots wud be a really good idea ? its wudet wudet even take much work to make it happen

sorry for my spelling

Drakos
03-15-2011, 02:49 PM
this is my 1st post so dont no if im doing it right or itf it is in the right place but here it go's

i dont no if this has been talked about befor but dos any one els think that bags for wands an pots wud be a really good idea ? its wudet wudet even take much work to make it happen

sorry for my spelling
This and many other container types have been requested in the past. lets see:
1) Potions Bag
2) Scroll Case
3) Spell Component Bags
4) Wand Sheaths

The only word from the devs on the subject was some issue about some technical problems using consumables from containers (ala bags). They have demonstrated it some capability for this with Collectables and Quivers however.

/sarcasm on
But look at the bright side, at least we get a cookie jar right?
/sarcasm off

Dysmetria
03-15-2011, 02:52 PM
this is my 1st post so dont no if im doing it right or itf it is in the right place but here it go's The right place for suggestions is the suggestion forum. http://forums.ddo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75

Bodic
03-15-2011, 02:58 PM
its the bag inside a bag that is the hard part for them to code.

Notice that you still need to drag it out of the bags we have to use them.

Gremmlynn
03-15-2011, 05:31 PM
Looking at how quivers work, it seems it would take an equipped slot for potions scrolls etc. as there is for arrows/bolts, as well as an equipment slot for the bad. Even then you would have to predetermine the order they come out in when the current stack/item gets depleted.

On the other hand, if it was used just for pure storage, with the expectation of having to dig through one's inventory to manually get at the contents, it would probably be doable. Personally, I'd find this useful. But how many would just consider it as a mechanic that just slows down the game?

unfiguroutable
03-15-2011, 05:59 PM
I disagree with the bag thing totally. I know this will never ever happen but IMO the only thing that should limit the amount of items I can carry is my STR modifier. The way it works now a moth and a set of +5 full plate take the same amount of space...stupid.

Gremmlynn
03-15-2011, 06:43 PM
I disagree with the bag thing totally. I know this will never ever happen but IMO the only thing that should limit the amount of items I can carry is my STR modifier. The way it works now a moth and a set of +5 full plate take the same amount of space...stupid.I'd agree, except if they made it that way my new level 1's probably would no longer be able to carry over a ton.

Quarterling
03-15-2011, 06:46 PM
I disagree with the bag thing totally. I know this will never ever happen but IMO the only thing that should limit the amount of items I can carry is my STR modifier. The way it works now a moth and a set of +5 full plate take the same amount of space...stupid.

Why would anyone want a moth-sized +5 full plate? Perhaps if they had a moth familar they could have their familar equip it, but those don't exist in DDO. :D

And I still think spell component pouches are a good idea.