PDA

View Full Version : Playing again, need some help.

Vikkus
03-15-2011, 07:43 AM
I haven't played DDO in about a year. So I have a couple of questions.

First, I noticed a number by most characters names, (28). Is that some type of character/skill level? Not everyone had one.

What are the titles I see listed in people profiles? Things like Champion or Adventurer.

And my characters are between levels 9 - 12. What is a good place to take them for questing?

Also any other changes from last year that I should know about?

Thanks.

bryanmeerkat
03-15-2011, 07:47 AM
I haven't played DDO in about a year. So I have a couple of questions.

First, I noticed a number by most characters names, (28). Is that some type of character/skill level? Not everyone had one.

What are the titles I see listed in people profiles? Things like Champion or Adventurer.

And my characters are between levels 9 - 12. What is a good place to take them for questing?

Also any other changes from last year that I should know about?

Thanks.

Not sure where you are looking to see this info , I beleive it may be regards to the build points spent on charachters

28, 32 ,34 or 36 point builds are available .

28 is starting basic (adventurer)
32 is a favour or tp purchase (champion)
34 and 36 are reserved for TR'd charachters .

Vikkus
03-15-2011, 07:53 AM
Not sure where you are looking to see this info , I beleive it may be regards to the build points spent on charachters

28, 32 ,34 or 36 point builds are available .

28 is starting basic (adventurer)
32 is a favour or tp purchase (champion)
34 and 36 are reserved for TR'd charachters .

Thanks. That might be it then. I was seeing them next to a person's name over thier head. Like 'Bryanmeerkat (28)'.

Teech
03-15-2011, 07:55 AM
Thanks. That might be it then. I was seeing them next to a person's name over thier head. Like 'Bryanmeerkat (28)'.

Perhaps it is the guild level?

Character Name
Guild Name (Guild Level)

kinar
03-15-2011, 07:55 AM
Number displayed beside people's name = guild level

The "Hero", "Champion", etc in people's bio indicates how many build points they spent.

Stuff new in the last year.

Guild Renown system with housing (airships) and extra ship specific buffs.
New level 6 raid (chronoscope)
Lordsmarch Plaza
Armor kits (cosmetic armor changing on a very limited basis)
Mabar (MayGetBanned) event
Crystal Cove event

And last but not least...we have been waiting an extremely long time for Update 9 which promises the moon and more for a lot of players/classes (although not yet as long as we waited for Mod 9 back in the day).

simsiim
03-15-2011, 07:56 AM

Thanks.
only thing I can think of, what you're seeing is the Guild level

( Oh I see I'm a minute slow :o )

Vikkus
03-15-2011, 08:08 AM
Thanks everyone!

Wow, some of those Guild levels seem pretty high. How far does it go?

bryanmeerkat
03-15-2011, 08:14 AM
Thanks everyone!

Wow, some of those Guild levels seem pretty high. How far does it go?

Upto 100 , although i think highest is around 93ish or something like that .Guild levels are subject to decay and subject to going up or down .

Vikkus
03-15-2011, 08:34 AM
Sounds fun :)

Oh where should I be adventuring at around level 10? Most of my characters are between 9 and 12 now.

simsiim
03-15-2011, 08:46 AM
this might help some, links to DDOWiki

if your Free to Play (http://ddowiki.com/page/Free_to_Play_quests)
and if your VIP, includes above and these Adventure Packs (http://ddowiki.com/page/Adventure_Packs)

are you talking about just soloing or which area you should be looking into to find a Party ?

Vikkus
03-15-2011, 08:53 AM
this might help some, links to DDOWiki

if your Free to Play (http://ddowiki.com/page/Free_to_Play_quests)
and if your VIP, includes above and these Adventure Packs (http://ddowiki.com/page/Adventure_Packs)

are you talking about just soloing or which area you should be looking into to find a Party ?

Thanks for the links!

Just soloing for now since I haven't played for awhile. Want to get used to it again.

Bahgs
03-15-2011, 09:52 AM
I usually use the Patrons window (press p by default) as a guide to the quests. One of the tabs has all the quests and you can sort by level. The level given is for normal, so add 1 for hard and 2 for elite. It also tells you who the quest giver is and (I think) the general area to find them.

However, I'm led to understand that it may include quests in adventure packs you haven't bought yet if you are F2P. When you get to the quest giver, the cup over his/her/its head would be red in this case. I've bought about everything so I can neither confirm nor deny this.

Teech
03-15-2011, 10:51 AM
I usually use the Patrons window (press p by default) as a guide to the quests. One of the tabs has all the quests and you can sort by level. The level given is for normal, so add 1 for hard and 2 for elite. It also tells you who the quest giver is and (I think) the general area to find them.

However, I'm led to understand that it may include quests in adventure packs you haven't bought yet if you are F2P. When you get to the quest giver, the cup over his/her/its head would be red in this case. I've bought about everything so I can neither confirm nor deny this.

Quest list includes those that you don't own. Pretty irritating to any F2P.
On the other hand, you can open your map and take a look at quest givers. If anything is in red, you can't do it.