PDA

View Full Version : Have a shared account plat bank

zebidos
03-14-2011, 04:18 PM
I think we all have a wealthy toon or two and when starting out a new toon we have to mail platinum to them or use our wealthy toon to buy things like pots, scrolls etc and put it in a shared bank account.

Would it be possible to incorporate our platinum balance in our shared bank account for easier access?

dng242
03-14-2011, 06:21 PM
It is irronic. The one thing the "Bank" can't store is money...

Synnestar35791
03-14-2011, 06:51 PM
Good point.

Asketes
03-14-2011, 06:59 PM
It is irronic. The one thing the "Bank" can't store is money...

yup.

I would love to see this.

I surely hope it doesn't become an add-on that requires TP; this should be included w/ the shared bank when/if it gets created.

Bogenbroom
03-14-2011, 10:11 PM
Actually I think I would prefer it if you had the ability (maybe optionally) to simply have owning a shared bank make your cash stored per account, and available to whichever character is logged in.

Archmage49
03-14-2011, 10:59 PM
Or, in the alternate, just allow more plat to be sent via mail. Its ironic that the auction house manages to squeeze as much plat as it wants, but you can't.

dodger72
03-14-2011, 11:15 PM
/signed

donfilibuster
03-14-2011, 11:20 PM
Stormreach is to Xendrik what S.F. was to California during the gold rush, but with plat.
Sure everyone get loads of coin but then a shovel would cost a million.

Problem is House K don't quite care about your coinage, vendors in stormreach don't even take gems at full value.
Furthermore, the Coin Lords won't trust an adventurer freshly arrived at the Harbor with any of their plat.
Debtors eaten by oozes is bad for the lending business.

Dysmetria
03-15-2011, 03:43 AM
Wouldn't it be a lot easier to just increase the limit of coin sent via mail? After all the mail is already set up to take coin, while the bank is not.

kilagan800
03-15-2011, 03:19 PM
Wouldn't it be a lot easier to just increase the limit of coin sent via mail? After all the mail is already set up to take coin, while the bank is not.

I never put money in the mailbox, but send checks instead. :p

Cyr
03-15-2011, 03:24 PM
/signed

Just like the first 10 times this one came up. Really is a no brainer.

Gnorbert
03-15-2011, 03:30 PM
don't be silly... banks are only good for storing belts, gloves, weapons, suits of armor and random twigs and flowers found around the Vale.

Ironforge_Clan
03-15-2011, 03:36 PM
I agree with your suggestion but can also offer an alternative. Use a f2p account to create a bank/mule toon, 2 box or 2 client, and transfer that way. I use an old laptop hard drive that I connect via USB and it works well. Just load up both clients at the same time. Log into the characters transfer and then log in the second character on your main account and transfer back. Sure it is more cumbersome than if Turbine had the feature you're request but I bet my way is still cheaper.

fuzzy1guy
03-15-2011, 03:42 PM
Awww come on... mailing 11k around at a time keeps us busy! busy players are happy players!

the bank would just invest your plat in failed housing markets anyway.

:p

Dolphious
03-15-2011, 03:45 PM
/signed

ArloOne
03-15-2011, 03:45 PM
/signed...again

Note: I have signed this suggestion 317 times since the thought first came to mind!

donfilibuster
03-15-2011, 03:50 PM
Or just let us pool up the toons plat, since the goal of the f2p plat cap is defeated once your account has more than two toons.

Granted in PnP different toons are supposed to be independent but you can still think of it as money lending.

SaisMatters
03-15-2011, 03:54 PM
OMG, a BANK that holds Currency???? Who'd a thunked it???

/signed

Meat-Head
03-15-2011, 03:58 PM
Actually I think I would prefer it if you had the ability (maybe optionally) to simply have owning a shared bank make your cash stored per account, and available to whichever character is logged in.

^^ This. Just like a family can have a joint bank account. I suppose you could make whoever sets up the account (your main?) exclude ppl if they choose. Maybe someone else plays on your account and you don't want them to spend your $$? I dunno. But the basic idea of joint-plat makes sense to me.

Unreliable
03-15-2011, 03:59 PM
/NOT SIGNED

Why? A simple reason; with all of the troubles I have heard with people loosing items (including ingredient bags with hundreds of larges in them) I would not trust to keep more then 4 million plat in this "shared" bank. If this feature were to be implemented, I just know it would be unstable, and would keep plat on different toons anyway.

Sorry, I just don't trust Turbine to make a shared bank to keep more then 4 million plat in with all issues I have heard with shared banks holding items already.

Falith12
03-15-2011, 04:01 PM
why would we evar have something useful in DDO? Everyone keeps complaining about easy buttons, but wouldn't this turn into one???? Ima complain when it happens. :D

/signed

(did my reverse psychology work on teh devs?? Please say it did...)