PDA

View Full Version : Pale Master Issues

~STERLIN1
03-14-2011, 04:15 PM
Pale Masters seem to have a problem when it comes to incap...they dont regen from their stabalize nor do they gain health from an ongoing death aura. I've heard the case made that they shouldn't as they are undead. Ok, well then I would like my d12 hp per hd please. Thats the hd for undead. No con right? So what, in come cases thats a bonus to hp too. Seriously though, if I have an ongoing Death Aura up why not regain hp.
On a somewhat different note these "undead" can drown. That's just plain silly. I have not tested disease and poison yet but needless to say these ought not effect undead either. Finally, there are several neg energy spells at my dispossal that I may not target myself with and so cannot use to heal. Why? Lastly it seems a shame to deny this prestige to clerics too. They are by pen and paper suitable and would make an effective combo not to mention giving clerics another viable prestige.

Bogenbroom
03-14-2011, 09:42 PM
My understanding is that pm in undead forms are not, strictly speaking, undead. Instead they take on some undead traits.

Re: incap... Yes, there is a...oddity... where, when incap, death aura stops healing. Regen effects, naturally, do not work, but death aura should.

Requiro
03-14-2011, 11:37 PM
Dev are not interested in repair Pale Master Issue

Some time ago there is thread where we get all together problems with PM. (here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=284786) What is respond of Devs? Stable silance.

Dev just don’t read suggestion, don’t read ideas, don’t care about players at all. They just made a illusion about "how they care about this game" and all about they show is "how they care about money". This is sad true.

They don't communicate with us, they don’t implement balance proposal, they just made this subfroum for... hm... that we have place to show our frustration? idk.

Nevertheless - there is little chance (I’m still optimistic... that why I don’t wrote “no chance at all” :D ) that anyone from dev will be interested by your post. The only thing that can bring they attention is massive exodus of money. Then they will be asking lots of time: why? What we have to do? Please don't go!. ect. ect.

This is turbine. This is not Blizzard.

See you :)

And BTW: /signed

SynalonEtuul
03-15-2011, 12:14 AM
I'm pretty sure developers have like a [truck] ton of [stuff] to work through so I'm not going to blame them for taking a while to fix bugs! They do a good job :)

Also, why would you start working for a company other than for the money? I mean sure you can enjoy your job, but if you're not getting paid and you don't have tons of cash anyway you're not going to stay there for long.

Jaid314
03-15-2011, 12:38 AM
to get something noticed, afaict...

bug report it. repeatedly. as in, if this is happening every quest, report it in every quest.

Requiro
03-15-2011, 08:05 AM
I'm pretty sure developers have like a f*ck ton of sh*t to work through so I'm not going to blame them for taking a while to fix bugs! They do a good job :)

Also, why would you start working for a company other than for the money? I mean sure you can enjoy your job, but if you're not getting paid and you don't have tons of cash anyway you're not going to stay there for long.

There are 3 simple facts:
- Game without players gain no money
- Game without new player will be gone for some time
- Game without veterans will be gone for some time and gain much less money.

Turbine understand fact No.1 and 2, but not No.3

Everything what Turbine do is for new players (lets say 95% of their work - that why you are still happy customer :) )

Rest (5%) are for game improvements. And in my opinion that is wrong.

New players will be paying them (or not...) for some time and gone. Some of them become veterans and... They will be very disappointed when see that Turbine don't care about them: New high level content for them? No way. They must wait 2 years or even more. Fix bugs what are just annoying? No. Everyone must wait even longer. No balance and fun in TR or Epic contents? So what? Ect. ect.

That’s why I'm gladly sacrifice any cool next update (lets say U10? ;) ) for fixing the bugs: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=150534 Some of this bugs have years! And this list have only 50% of all bugs in the game.

(side note: I'm still waiting for Turbine to fix PM problems: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=284786)

BTW: To someone who give me neg rep - thank you :)

Brianwulf
03-15-2011, 08:14 AM
This is turbine. This is not Blizzard.

See you :)

And BTW: /signed

Blizzard doesn't exist anymore, they were eaten by Activision. I prefer turbine.

Requiro
03-15-2011, 08:23 AM
Blizzard doesn't exist anymore, they were eaten by Activision. I prefer turbine.

I prefer old Blizzard (some year ago) then Turbine now.

For now idk what is better. One is for sure: In a terms of communication with players Turbine lost.

EDIT: Hey, guys - when you give me neg rep post reasons :)

Adken
03-15-2011, 04:04 PM
Ok, well then I would like my d12 hp per hd please.

The HD enhancement to d12 are only the racial ones, not class HD. For example, a troll has around 7 racial HD (of giant) and more HD of class (like fighter). We don't have any race with racial HD in DDO.

BTW, i agree with the unconscious problem, it has happened to me a lot of times.

~STERLIN1
04-10-2011, 10:21 PM
Agreed. However all class HD are in the undead type if you become undead. Thus a 20 wiz that is undead is 20d12/ DDO maxes hp per die so this would be 240 hp base no con bonus or penalty but items would effect it. While your upper range this way might be a bit lower you could dump con entirely as you dont have one. In the case of a giant they get a d8 as per your example 7hd giant 5 lvls of fighter would be 56 hp from giant 50 from fighter plus con. Of course mobs have a LOT more hp than that.

hityawithastick
04-10-2011, 11:08 PM
Agreed. However all class HD are in the undead type if you become undead. Thus a 20 wiz that is undead is 20d12/ DDO maxes hp per die so this would be 240 hp base no con bonus or penalty but items would effect it. While your upper range this way might be a bit lower you could dump con entirely as you dont have one. In the case of a giant they get a d8 as per your example 7hd giant 5 lvls of fighter would be 56 hp from giant 50 from fighter plus con. Of course mobs have a LOT more hp than that.

I made a pen and paper character into a lich. This happened to them.

I made my DDO character into a lich. This did not happen to them.

I can then conclude that DDO does not work this way.

That is all.

donfilibuster
04-11-2011, 06:12 AM

HD is a feature of the type, in this case 12 hp if you have undead type, but you don't become one (only counts like one for effects).
Even if 'DDO is not PnP' the devs are building on top of their rules and those still use type and subtype.
Just for this they will now make the PM die at 0 hp starting with update 9 so this issue is closed.

This is not the first thread you make talking about monster abilities without regard for type and subtype.
Otherwise it is fine to suggest the death aura to heal PM, i'd want that too, the chance of which is gone with u9.

Lycurgus
04-11-2011, 06:27 AM
These are all trivial issues. Please do something about that hideous, grating sound that emanates from PMs aura.

C'mon devs, you've proven you have a sense of humor. For the longest time you gave big manly warforged nothing but pink docents. Now you've given big manly melee FvS a little tiny fairy to sit on their shoulders going *pew, pew, pew*. Isn't it time to replace the PM aura noise with classic Beach Boys, or maybe choice pieces from The Carpenters?

rest
04-11-2011, 12:19 PM
I swear I read something about incapped pale masters no longer "bleeding out". Maybe in the U9 release notes. So from now on, you won't have to worry about becoming incapped, you'll just automatically die ;)

doubledge
04-11-2011, 01:30 PM
if you are incapped, and stablize, you will not revive, as the fact taht uncouncious regeneration is "positive energy"

~STERLIN1
04-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Yes. very helpful..

Failedlegend
04-11-2011, 08:29 PM
The devs did fix this...well sorta

Pale Master undead Shrouds now take double damage from light damage effects unless otherwise noted. Additionally, since they are undead, players will crumble to dust if incapacitated rather than "bleed out."

so now instead of not regenerating upon incap we just die instantly. Thus negating another WF advantage of auto gaining diehard....please devs give us race change tokens (really dont see why this wasn't part of LRing)