PDA

View Full Version : pack advice plz

gara-xxx
03-14-2011, 08:29 AM
Well I m lvling my TR (34 pt) & I might run out of quests ...so here are 2 options :
1)buy The Reaver's Reach very soon (maybe even today) coz I saw that it has some sweet exp quests (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=279762);I can keep my toon on lvl 18 till I get enough exp to cap it; & than buy The Devils of Shavarath at some point
or
2) cap another toon & buy The Devils of Shavarath ,cap my main, and then buy The Reaver's Reach at some point

thx for replies :)

NinjaNeed
03-14-2011, 08:31 AM
Buy Devils. It will give you access to the hardest content in the game plus the raid with the best rings and set bonuses in game.

Sparky21
03-14-2011, 08:38 AM
if points is an issue, get Inspired quarter and dreaming dark. if i remember right they are fairly cheap. lots of xp, IQ has at least 1 nice item per class, and EASY. dreaming dark is even easier, and u can earn a ton of gold by npc rewards...basic loot is high (lvl 16/18 items).

shavarath is harder, making it less attractive for fast xp imo. devils is more rewarding once you have a well built and experienced toon however

mws2970
03-14-2011, 08:48 AM
Agreed on IQ. Easy, fast XP there and good loot too.

DaSawks
03-14-2011, 08:57 AM
Agreed on IQ. Easy, fast XP there and good loot too.

I capped a level 18 Wizard with IQ and Isle only. You will need 24 shards to Unsupress loot from the Mindsunder so you may as well farm this.

tihocan
03-14-2011, 09:00 AM
Do you have the Vale already? It's easier than Devils, and the loot is better than Reaver's Reach (although different too -- Reaver = armor, Vale = weapons & items).

Darkrok
03-14-2011, 09:03 AM
I'll add my vote to IQ. Fast, easy, great xp for leveling up.

TK.Halcyon
03-14-2011, 09:10 AM
If you are going to be conservative about which packs you are going for I would say go for Devils of Shavrath (despite the ease of the IQ quests).

XP can be managed if you are willing to hold back on levelling and grind a few xp lucrative quests before levelling past it.

The Devils of Shavrath pack offers +4 tomes, Ring sets which every character build plan I have seen so far on the forum has and its pretty fun and challenging. (elite New Invasion is always interesting with a pug). The raid also has large devil scales and other desirable ingredients.

If you need gold then just farm demon's blood and other boot ingredients and sell them on the auction house. Demon's Blood still costs a pretty penny last I saw. And of course the xp is good.

gara-xxx
03-14-2011, 09:41 AM
well thx for info :)
I do have IQ (& vale) but when I m done with IQ I ll have enough exp for 19th lvl & maybe 1 rank or something like that ;
I was asking betwin those 2 pack cuz I ll need reaver for armors (for my other toons) & it has lvl 17 quests,I get to farm them with no penalty if I stay at 18th lvl

Devils have both quests & loot but that ll cost me 200 TP more.

I do plan on buying both packs someday ,guess I ll earn 200 more TP & buy devils

Elphvyra
03-15-2011, 09:54 AM
And don't forget to Explore/Kill and find all the Rares in the wilderness areas.... ;)