PDA

View Full Version : Armor Kit Previews

Kinerd
03-13-2011, 07:28 PM
I can only purchase one kit at a time, then I have to re-navigate to the previews page. Adding multiple kits to my cart causes the store to freak out, giving me none of them. It would be stupid to try and use this system, so I'm just going to look at the screenshots that have been posted here and elsewhere.

Armor kit previews should be run in a Lockania type quest. Have them all populate into the character's inventory. Make them drop on leaving adventure. Make them removed when leaving the instance, just like the current system with the Armor shop. This would be many times more efficient than the current laborious method. Seriously, how much can Turbine possibly be making on 1 TP previews that people probably don't even bother with? Can it possibly outweigh the goodwill generated by doing the right thing?

Shaz
03-14-2011, 03:50 PM
I agree completely. On all points.

/signed

Impatiens
03-14-2011, 04:08 PM
I'd love a better way to preview the kits. It would be great to be able to swap back and forth between previews a couple times to see which one I really like the best.

uhgungawa
03-14-2011, 04:15 PM
Also line up the preview with the full buy set as well. Nothing worse than hunting down the previews, then looking for the correct perm one. :mad:

GreenGurgler
03-14-2011, 04:41 PM
I can only purchase one kit at a time, then I have to re-navigate to the previews page. Adding multiple kits to my cart causes the store to freak out, giving me none of them. It would be stupid to try and use this system, so I'm just going to look at the screenshots that have been posted here and elsewhere.

Armor kit previews should be run in a Lockania type quest. Have them all populate into the character's inventory. Make them drop on leaving adventure. Make them removed when leaving the instance, just like the current system with the Armor shop. This would be many times more efficient than the current laborious method. Seriously, how much can Turbine possibly be making on 1 TP previews that people probably don't even bother with? Can it possibly outweigh the goodwill generated by doing the right thing?

This is an awesome idea. :)

I never liked the idea of having to PAY to preview the armors and it is such a pain in the but to try a few, narrow them down to the best 2 or 3 and then have to re-buy the preview kits just to review the final best of show. (no ones making me do it I understand, but that doesn't mean a better way doesn't exist and shouldn't be implemented).

This whole system they have in place is just so half a$$ed. Not to mention the price inequality. Why are certain colors worth more than other colors??? Or certain patterns worth more? There all just lines of code, there is no reason other than greed on Turbines part to have price differences in armor kits.

Shaz
03-14-2011, 05:32 PM
Why are certain colors worth more than other colors??? Or certain patterns worth more? There all just lines of code, there is no reason other than greed on Turbines part to have price differences in armor kits.

It is well established in MMOs that some colors are more popular than others. In the past this was merely relegated to the realm of improving rewards; as crafters "leveled up", they would access brown, then black, then dark-orange, dark-red, and finally, at the end, vibrant full reds and blues.

Turbine has just taken this preferential ordering and tried to make more money on it. They know brighter colors are more desired, so they make them cost more. Its very annoying for us "consumers" (I wish I was just a "player" :(), but its just simple economics.

Alabore
03-14-2011, 07:45 PM
I am inclined to /sign the Lockania-like quest idea.
+1 rep cookie.

I mentioned it before, I guess you gents are likely getting fed up with me reiterating the previously stated: I don't quite like store-only cosmetic options.
They rank about as low for me as one-shot hair tonics.

I tend to use Lamannia to preview gear - but I noticed Lama store sometimes is differently stocked, and server isn't always up.

They say the devils in the details.

Bleakmage
03-15-2011, 04:07 AM
/signed

DrenglisEU
03-15-2011, 04:28 AM
/Signed

Cinderbeard
03-15-2011, 05:34 AM
Good points.

/signed