PDA

View Full Version : Boots Ingredients drops

rover223
03-11-2011, 12:31 PM
Does anyone else find it annoying that you have to farm for boots ingredients? 50-60 runs to get one pair for one character? How about making ingredients drop like sigil pieces in the orchard or relics in gianthold. Every chest has one for each character and they drop at an even rate so that you can easily swap and get your boots created without spending a ridiculous amount of time doing the same quest over and over again.

MsEricka
03-11-2011, 12:53 PM
50-60 runs of what?

Boot ingredients drop from many quests now, and are even easier to get than ever. My wizard had boots as soon as she walked off the boat at level 4.

/not signed with your suggestion about drops

Lorien_the_First_One
03-11-2011, 12:57 PM
The boot and abbot sigil mechanics are both annoying. You should have to run the flagging quests and then be good to go.

The boot problem used to be less serious when the banish range was smaller.

Niktoo
03-11-2011, 01:08 PM
Actually, the possibility of getting boot materials is one of the incentives to help your friends flag for ToD, get their yugo favor, and cap their toon.

If it weren't for boot mats your capped friends would be less likeoly to run amrath content with you.

der_kluge
03-11-2011, 01:11 PM
Actually, the possibility of getting boot materials is one of the incentives to help your friends flag for ToD, get their yugo favor, and cap their toon.

If it weren't for boot mats your capped friends would be less likeoly to run amrath content with you.

You mean like running weapon Shipment 100 times, because it's the easy one? Because no one ever runs the other ones.

Fejj
03-11-2011, 01:12 PM

Yep, that sums it up nicely.

floating
03-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Does anyone else find it annoying that you have to farm for boots ingredients? 50-60 runs to get one pair for one character? How about making ingredients drop like sigil pieces in the orchard or relics in gianthold. Every chest has one for each character and they drop at an even rate so that you can easily swap and get your boots created without spending a ridiculous amount of time doing the same quest over and over again.

It does not take that long to farm out any of the stuff you have listed here.

ThePrincipal
03-11-2011, 05:30 PM
how critical are boots to TOD? what about using spell absorb item or plain old high saves?

jillie
03-11-2011, 07:25 PM
Spell absorbtion works, like the Cloak that drops from Threnal. Saves won't save you from a Banish, though.

Veileira
03-11-2011, 07:44 PM
It does not take that long to farm out any of the stuff you have listed here.

Not for you I guess. :p

vVAnjilaVv
03-11-2011, 08:46 PM
My problem is not with overall boot ingredient drops...it's with how lopsided it is.

The keepske is annoyingly brutal to get.......of course I think I am just getting unlucky.

I farmed and ransacked almost all 63 possible chests for a Keepsake in one weeks time on my Wiz on Thelanis.......could only handle casual.......so yes my drop rate was decreased....I pulled 2 Keepsakes out of those 50+ runs.

On argo I can run Sins easily on normal with my Palemaster....ransacked Shipment and up to about 18 out of the total 54 weekly chests for the Sins keepsake drop...so far zilch......as consolation I did get about 12 Shroud ingredients, Calitomes Sash, and Kormors belt.....no Keepsake yet tho...this is on normal.

On Sarlona.......did one run of Weapons Shipment on normal just for fun on my monk......pulled a Keepsake.....needed a Blood to finish boots....headed to Wrath and did another single run on normal...got my Blood in one shot...got my boots.

Point is......a lot of it's just plain luck.....I don't know if it's supposed to be just rumor but supposedly on character creation each toon you make is blessed or cursed with a loot luck roll that dictates their further fate in getting rare items.

This could be a lot of phooey.....who knows.....I just wish the boots basically did not decide if you could get into ToD runs or not.......saying the mechanic to this shoudn't be changed because some people get lucky, or some people don't mind grinding for plat endlessly to buy them is lame...the raid should be more accesible.

This is about the only raid you have to go thru such a hassle to get flagged for.....yeah you don't HAVE to have the boots.....but your not gonna get in many ToD runs without them....same difference IMO. Though Litany is a bit of a hassle as well it doesn't come close to ToD.

Feithlin
03-12-2011, 04:53 AM
Agreed. It took me around 60 WS to get the keepsake: that's at least 2 months with the ransack mecanism. This is pretty ridiculous. I could understand for some specific loot, but here, we're talking about a prerequisite for doing ToD. The same applies to Abbot raid. This kind of flaging adds absolutely nothing to the game.

sirgog
03-12-2011, 05:04 AM
Run Epic Devil Assault more. Boots mats drop there like candy*.

* - Well, maybe not like candy, but a full group usually gets two Boots pieces between them per run; sometimes one or three and seldom zero or four or more.

vVAnjilaVv
03-12-2011, 09:38 PM
***UPDATE***

After my 20th run yesterday I finally pulled a Keepsake out of the named trogs end chest.

This was solo and on normal.

For people complaining about not getting Keepsakes who are only running WS...well I have no sympathy for you there....you get 54 chances a week to pull a Keepsake from Sins....and it's a pretty easy run if you're not going for all the side chests to also get the belts and/or necklaces you want....which I did have to do for my first 7 runs.

I would still like to see the drop rates increased a little...but I finally got my first pair of boots on Argo...and I didn't spend a single pp on the AH to get them :)

I have two more ready to go minus the Keepsakes...hopefully those final 34 chests I have remaining this week will drop them......and I am still getting a lot of Shroud ingredients as well and legendary victories in my end reward list 10+ times after the ransack message LOL......so that's a nice side perk.