PDA

View Full Version : portable hole?

zex95966
03-11-2011, 01:23 AM
I think I read somewhere this portable hole is a quest reward that gives me extra inv space... can anyone point me to the right quest? I'm lvl 11 and done all the harbor and marketplaces quests in elite, and done all the house quests in a mix of normal and elite. I'm VIP and have done necropolis/chronoscope/catacombs/tangleroot/devil assault/sharn syndicate. I don't have one yet... so is it in gianthold or somewhere else?

Bufo_Alvarius
03-11-2011, 01:27 AM
Gianthold favor (agents of argo) will get you one at first tier.

NinjaCereal
03-11-2011, 01:28 AM
It's random, the only pre-set way in the game to get one is to get 75 Argonnessen favor.
Basically do the Gianthold quests until you have enough favor, you'll get to pick either a portable hole, or a siberys dragonshard as your reward.

TheDearLeader
03-11-2011, 01:29 AM
Zex, server?

Old timers are known to randomly mail a Portable Hole to a forumite in need

Jiirix
03-11-2011, 01:52 AM
Was playing fleshmakers lab for sigil parts 4 times this week and got a partal hole as a reward twice. Maybe that was just luck, but two of my alts have more backpack space now :)

Philibusta
03-11-2011, 04:31 AM
Might not hurt to give a shot at Desert Caravan (lvl 11). I pulled a Collapsed Portable Hole from one of the end chests there recently (was only my 2nd time doing that quest, first time with that character) on Normal difficulty. I dont know your class, but Ive run a fighter and a melee ranger through it with no problems at all. its not a tough one.

Lornman
03-11-2011, 06:37 AM
I've gotten CPH's from various quests: Caverns of Korromar was the first; I've since gotten them in VON2, An Offering of Blood, one of the Lordsmarch quests, Invaders, and somewhere else... but one of my guildmates has gotten them in different quests - so I would say random and a bit of luck.

RandomKeypress
03-11-2011, 06:41 AM
They do seem more common around lev 10 quests. I got one of mine from Gwylan's. You can get them from the AH, if you can afford it. A number of vets have mountains of the things - some may feel generous if you ask nicely...

blitzschlag
03-11-2011, 06:43 AM
if youre on thelanis i'll mail you one tonite if you leave your charname here or in pm.

Lorien_the_First_One
03-11-2011, 06:51 AM
If you are in an established guild, just ask in guild chat. It's pretty much guarenteed that someone will have a stack of them sitting around.

LordMond63
03-11-2011, 07:50 AM
Level 10 quests sound about right for these thingies to drop randomly in chests or as final quest rewards though the only way that I know of to be absolutely certain to get one is the Agents of Argonnsen favor reward- I think it's 75 favor and you earn it in Gianthold. Gianthold seems to be the playground for level 12-14 or so. Just remember to bring your Heavy Fortification gear because those giants hit kinda hard.

Phemt81
03-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Both the collapsed holes i found were from necropolis quests.

jwdaniels
03-11-2011, 11:01 AM
A guildie had one drop last night in VON3 - it's not just for experience any more - and I picked one up in a shroud run last week (right before TRing). I've also seen them drop in Ataraxia slayers (although it was during a +1 loot weekend), vale quests and gianthold among other places.

It's a random rare item on the loot tables but only drops from chests after a certain level.

somenewnoob
03-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Can you only use one portable hole per character for extra inventory?

EKKM
03-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Can you only use one portable hole per character for extra inventory?

No only one per character.

If you can't acquire one via GH or as a gift they are usually on sale on the AH.

Entelech
03-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Yes. Basically, what the portable hole is is a token you hand in to get the reward for a level of Coin Lords favor.

You can only unlock it once per character, unless you TR.

LordMond63
03-11-2011, 09:55 PM
I've not actually turned one in yet but I think there is also a monetary cost with coverting the CPH to an inventory slot. I've no idea how much it is though.

LezChap
03-11-2011, 10:08 PM
I've not actually turned one in yet but I think there is also a monetary cost with coverting the CPH to an inventory slot. I've no idea how much it is though.

10k plat, unless I'm mistaken...

zex95966
03-11-2011, 10:10 PM
thanks for replies all. I'm in Argonessen and in a friendly guild but I hate asking for free stuff...

if I can farm gianthold favor for it, that's what i'll do.

Gremmlynn
03-11-2011, 10:10 PM
I've not actually turned one in yet but I think there is also a monetary cost with coverting the CPH to an inventory slot. I've no idea how much it is though.100,000 gold (i.e.10,000 plat).

t0r012
03-11-2011, 10:11 PM
yes it costs money to convert A CPH to a backpack slot. Off the top of my head I'm thinking it was 100,000 gold (now 10,000 plat)

I have seen CPHs drop in many different quests; Shroud flagging quests, Gianthold, all the way down to Church & cult and even Gwalin's stand.

I have never actually pulled one all mine came from favor or prior to having any packs with Agent favor purchased from AH.
I did just look for one the other day (other day meaning something like 2-3 months ago) on the AH and it was crazy expensive, something between 50 and 100K. Last couple times i bought them on the AH (probably about a year ago) 10-15K was the average and I picked up a couple for as little as 5k.

LezChap
03-11-2011, 10:31 PM
yes it costs money to convert A CPH to a backpack slot. Off the top of my head I'm thinking it was 100,000 gold (now 10,000 plat)

I have seen CPHs drop in many different quests; Shroud flagging quests, Gianthold, all the way down to Church & cult and even Gwalin's stand.

I have never actually pulled one all mine came from favor or prior to having any packs with Agent favor purchased from AH.
I did just look for one the other day (other day meaning something like 2-3 months ago) on the AH and it was crazy expensive, something between 50 and 100K. Last couple times i bought them on the AH (probably about a year ago) 10-15K was the average and I picked up a couple for as little as 5k.

They seem to fluctuate widely...keep an eye on the AH for a week or two every time you can and you'll nab one cheap.

simsiim
03-12-2011, 01:38 AM
last fall I got one from a Rare chest reward from Sorrowdusk Isle, I think he was 9 at the time. but now I'm no longer VIP, I have to look for that random drop in the AH :o

Sir_Noob
03-12-2011, 01:49 AM
I was in a pug this week in which someone pulled one out of the end chests in the final chapter of Delaras.
Not sure if he was the one who was operating under the potion that grants you + 1 to the level of the treasure you pull out of the chests or not.

I know someone was.

Edit for proper info upgrade, ran final chapter on Normal.

Gremmlynn
03-12-2011, 05:37 PM
last fall I got one from a Rare chest reward from Sorrowdusk Isle, I think he was 9 at the time. but now I'm no longer VIP, I have to look for that random drop in the AH :oActually, the only 2 I've seen drop were in F2P quests. Reclamation and Xoran Cipher.

simsiim
03-12-2011, 08:01 PM
Actually, the only 2 I've seen drop were in F2P quests. Reclamation and Xoran Cipher.

yeah that's true, they can drop any where, but it just was a way of me saying I just look on the AH anymore :o

I remember while in Smuggles Rest some one said they got one from a chest in there

camels
03-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Portable hole= secret club for arcane casters

collapsible hole= item used to upgrade inventory

Gremmlynn
03-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Portable hole= secret club for arcane casters

collapsible hole= item used to upgrade inventoryActually the item is named a "Collapsed Portable Hole". I've never heard of a "collapsible hole", but if you're not going to use the items full name, one nicknames as good as the next.

Tid12
03-13-2011, 03:53 PM
thanks for replies all. I'm in Argonessen and in a friendly guild but I hate asking for free stuff...

if I can farm gianthold favor for it, that's what i'll do.

Send a PM here and ill mail you one, got three spare