PDA

View Full Version : New Class Forums

Steveohio
03-10-2011, 11:12 PM
Absolutely horrible.

Who thought of this? Bad idea.

Just bad.

What exactly was wrong with the old categories for each class?

The logical, structural, and organizational layout for the class forums is now completely flawed and stupid.
This is a case of trying to hard to organize things,

Now its takes 4x longer to search through threads to see anything meaningful.

I used to be someone that would go to the forums every day...
Now, its too much of a pain to find threads and discussions about things of interest, because the class forums now are littered with posts for classes you don't care about.

I don't even want to bother looking anymore. I can understand the race forums being merged, there really wasn't enough activity, or interest in those that the need for individual forums wasnt there. However, the class forums are there because when people need help or have questions about something specific to a class there are other people to help them out.

Now, we have to sift through much more information, and 3/4 ISN'T EVEN APPLICABLE to us.

These forums do ABSOLUTELY nothing but save you 7 lines on the forum main page, and now waste your time.

If a moderator could put down the crackpipe and put forth 1 GOOD, VALID reason why the class forums should be merged, I'd sure as heck like to hear it.

Entelech
03-10-2011, 11:24 PM
Check the Dev tracker.

Cordovan has posted several times on another thread complaining about this very issue.

Cordovan has also been criticized for being patronizing and making no sense at all, when he tries to explain/defend the "logic" behind the merger. I really don't envy him, since basically his job seems to be Apologist in Chief, and Whipping Boy for the stuff that's so stupid Tolero wouldn't go anywhere near it.

donfilibuster
03-10-2011, 11:27 PM
Um, plenty of threads about it already, not that anyone is counting of course.
But hey, maybe we can prefix the rants for faster searching and traffic consolidation, eh.

As for the change, theres lots of rumours, i'll go and blame google for this, but will be off topic.
The prefix system i believe is a module from vbulletin, just like the rep system.
(the sort of which sounds better than it actually looks)

As for not being user friendly, thats the sad truth, but so far we can filter those forums by prefix.
Sure it takes extra clicks but in the end accomplishes giving you the results for a class.
Provided people add the prefix of course, it'd be a mess if they don't isn't it?
Maybe they can roll back when that happens.

Steveohio
03-10-2011, 11:29 PM
Also.
I'm gonna create so many threads about this issue until I get blue in the face and get banned from the forums, which then I will retaliate by cancelling my accounts.

I know this may sounds ridiculous, but many, many people are more interested in class discussion, and build philosophy than actually playing this game. The sharing and exchanging of ideas is now thrife with red tape to find anything worthwhiile pertaining to your interests.

I swear to god, I'll create free accounts and spam every day, lead a petition to get them reverted, I don't even know.

I just spent 45 minutes trying to find an answer to a bard question I had, but had to sort through piles of garbage that I never would have had to before.

Whoever had the wonderful idea to change the way these forums are structured needs to be fired.

I don't think theres 1 person I've met in game that actually likes this layout.

Flat out, stupidest, most obtrusive, unnecassary change ever.

The only thing this has accomplished has wasted the time of your userbase. Congrats.

Westerner
03-10-2011, 11:37 PM
Check the Dev tracker.

Cordovan has posted several times on another thread complaining about this very issue.

Cordovan has also been criticized for being patronizing and making no sense at all, when he tries to explain/defend the "logic" behind the merger. I really don't envy him, since basically his job seems to be Apologist in Chief, and Whipping Boy for the stuff that's so stupid Tolero wouldn't go anywhere near it.
What/where is the dev tracker?

Entelech
03-10-2011, 11:41 PM
Scroll up to the top if the page, there's a red stripe with some words in it, right below the Stormreach skyline graphics...

Click on the words that say "Dev Tracker"

It will pop up a list of all posts by DDO Devs on these boards, starting with the most recent.

arkonas
03-11-2011, 12:00 AM
What/where is the dev tracker?

lol up top where it says dev tracker haha