PDA

View Full Version : Planning to change alignment during a lesser reincarnation.

wgperi
03-10-2011, 10:56 AM
Is that possible? Im preety sure I've already done that but, already wasted one heart of wood last week, and I'm very worried about screwing everything again. Here's the subject:

~I want to take off my monk lvl during a lesser reincarnation, so I can change my alignment and choose barbarian class on the next lvls, is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Impaqt
03-10-2011, 10:59 AM
no. Need to buy an alignment change for that.

Drfirewater79
03-10-2011, 10:59 AM
You cannot change alignment during a LR .. there is a seperate system for alignement change .. you have to buy the alignment change script from the DDO store then follow the instructions.

You also cannot change alignement if one of your classes requires it .. for instance you cannot change a palidan to true neutral .. or a monk to chaotic neutral.

wgperi
03-10-2011, 11:27 AM
First of all thanks for the response.

I know I need to buy an alignment change, I'm planning to do that just after switching my monk lvl(I only have 1 lvl of monk in my build) to fighter, so I'll dodge the alignment requirement.

In plain view, change my 12Fighter/7rogue/1monk to 12Fighter/6rogue/2barbarian

I'm almost sure that the ship is considered tavern instance, so I'll be able to buy and consume the alignment change item and choose my barbarian just after.

... but I'm not completely sure of that...

Lithic
03-10-2011, 11:36 AM
First of all thanks for the response.

I know I need to buy an alignment change, I'm planning to do that just after switching my monk lvl(I only have 1 lvl of monk in my build) to fighter, so I'll dodge the alignment requirement.

In plain view, change my 12Fighter/7rogue/1monk to 12Fighter/6rogue/2barbarian

I'm almost sure that the ship is considered tavern instance, so I'll be able to buy and consume the alignment change item and choose my barbarian just after.

... but I'm not completely sure of that...

You cant change alignment on the LR boat anymore, to avoid exploits that led to monk/barbarians.

In your case, you need to use a +1 lesser heart to be rid of the monk level, then use an alignment change to non-lawfull, then use a +3 lesser heart to add 2 barbarian levels.

Bladedge
03-10-2011, 11:36 AM
You can't change alignment during a reincarnation.

No, it would be too easy to end up in a situation with a stuck character that can't finish leveling up if they switched alignment mid-reincarnation.

wgperi
03-10-2011, 12:27 PM
Thank you very much for the response.