PDA

View Full Version : Greensteel Deconstruction

SHOrider
03-10-2011, 08:05 AM
I got a money maker for you guys at Turbine here:

Charge a small < 500 Turbine Points to be able to Deconstruct crafted items like Greensteel item and weapons for example or any crafted items in which the event that was created to craft the item is at least one year old. Then we put the crafted item in an "alter" with the < 500 TP deconstruct "stone" and presto all done. Now I'm not asking for shards back or power sourses back or even a completed shavarath stone back, just the ingrediants that i put into it even if I only get (at least any lower might not be worth it) 75% of the invested ingrediants back. Again for example it takes an arrow, bone, scale, and stone to create a Positive Focus. All you would get back would be 3 of the 4 from the arrow, bone, scale, and stone. So for a Tier 3 MinII Great Axe, you would recieve 6 Large ings, 3 medium, 3 small, and the blank Greensteel Great Axe. Maybe it takes another Deconstruct "stone" to break down the base item if that was crafted, then again maybe that would be broken down aswell with just 1 Deconstruct stone.

Now I hope that this is a good comprimise I'm not trying to be greedy here, but I also ask that Turbine gives the "power to the players"

http://www.axiomfiles.com/images/ProfileThumbs/S/psig540459098.png

bryanmeerkat
03-10-2011, 08:07 AM
I got a money maker for you guys at Turbine here:

Charge a small < 500 Turbine Points to be able to Deconstruct crafted items like Greensteel item and weapons for example or any crafted items in which the event that was created to craft the item is at least one year old. Then we put the crafted item in an "alter" with the < 500 TP deconstruct "stone" and presto all done. Now I'm not asking for shards back or power sourses back or even a completed shavarath stone back, just the ingrediants that i put into it even if I only get (at least any lower might not be worth it) 75% of the invested ingrediants back. Again for example it takes an arrow, bone, scale, and stone to create a Positive Focus. All you would get back would be 3 of the 4 from the arrow, bone, scale, and stone. So for a Tier 3 MinII Great Axe, you would recieve 6 Large ings, 3 medium, 3 small, and the blank Greensteel Great Axe. Maybe it takes another Deconstruct "stone" to break down the base item if that was crafted, then again maybe that would be broken down aswell with just 1 Deconstruct stone.

Now I hope that this is a good comprimise I'm not trying to be greedy here, but I also ask that Turbine gives the "power to the players"

http://www.axiomfiles.com/images/ProfileThumbs/S/psig540459098.png

OOh today is talk about Greensteel Deconstruction day is it ?

So did you make a mistake in crafting or are you one who has Tr'd with wrong gear ?

Or did you build in wrong slot ?

Alternative
03-10-2011, 08:20 AM
OOh today is talk about Greensteel Deconstruction day is it ?

So did you make a mistake in crafting or are you one who has Tr'd with wrong gear ?

Or did you build in wrong slot ?

Do you even know what are you talking about? people who played this game a bit have a lot of greensteel items that they have to replace due to new gear coming out constantly. Especially with the claw set and the abishai set being available people are forced to do a lot of recrafting. Greensteel deconstruction became reasonable now that you get different gear options, and if people are willing to pay money for it I don't see why you need to ridicule them.

Being against doesn't make you cool.

Impaqt
03-10-2011, 08:28 AM
Do you even know what are you talking about? people who played this game a bit have a lot of greensteel items that they have to replace due to new gear coming out constantly.

Why is is OK to replace whatever you did, but not ok to replace greensteel?

Especially with the claw set and the abishai set being available people are forced to do a lot of recrafting. Greensteel deconstruction became reasonable now that you get different gear options, and if people are willing to pay money for it I don't see why you need to ridicule them.

Being against doesn't make you cool.

What I'm saying is that greensteel IS raid loot. Just because you have to "Craft" it doesn't mean its irreplaceable.

Hendrik
03-10-2011, 08:36 AM
Why is is OK to replace whatever you did, but not ok to replace greensteel?

What I'm saying is that greensteel IS raid loot. Just because you have to "Craft" it doesn't mean its irreplaceable.

Well said Imp!!!

GS is raid loot, craft-able or not. Can't go back to HoX or some other Raid and exchange loot that you out grew or re-slotted.

And yes, I still have a great deal of GS that I never use or stuff I created in the discovery process.

Getting real tired of hearing this broken record going 'round....

dng242
03-10-2011, 09:23 AM
If there is a market then Turbine should do it. But that is a business thing. I'm not certain I'm thrilled with that idea (though it isn't horrible). I would like to be able to remove a tier (just wipe, nothing back). It would allow me to change some gear around, or yes, I admit it, fix some mistakes.

But, I can live without it.

bryanmeerkat
03-10-2011, 09:31 AM
So say I spent 3 months farming for a torc and finally got it off the 20 end list . Then they bring out a new better item and I think to myself , wow I should of taken the green blade . Can I pay 500 tps for my greenblade too ?

I dont think so .

Impaqt
03-10-2011, 09:38 AM
If there is a market then Turbine should do it. But that is a business thing. I'm not certain I'm thrilled with that idea (though it isn't horrible). I would like to be able to remove a tier (just wipe, nothing back). It would allow me to change some gear around, or yes, I admit it, fix some mistakes.

But, I can live without it.

Just because theres a market doesnt mean its a good idea.

for example....

+500% XP Pots? You think they wouldnt sell like hotcakes?

mws2970
03-10-2011, 09:39 AM

for example....

TR's would eat those up! /signed :P

Asketes
03-10-2011, 09:46 AM

for example....

i see what you did there Impact.

you sly bastard you!

Syerson
03-10-2011, 10:05 AM
Im in favor of GS deconstruction. Its a crafting deal not like actual raid loot. people whined enough to get the DT armor crafting fixed, thank goodness. So why not be able deconstruct or replace shards on an outdated or failed item. For instance you could tear it down to the actual blank, then rebuild it from there getting back a percentage of mats., or you could break it down to shards then further into mats.

Im in favor of a tiered breakdown myself.. I would also like to see some type of ability to combine small ingredients into mediums and mediums into larges.

Nerveya
03-10-2011, 10:23 AM
Im in favor of GS deconstruction. Its a crafting deal not like actual raid loot. people whined enough to get the DT armor crafting fixed, thank goodness. So why not be able deconstruct or replace shards on an outdated or failed item. For instance you could tear it down to the actual blank, then rebuild it from there getting back a percentage of mats., or you could break it down to shards then further into mats.

Im in favor of a tiered breakdown myself.. I would also like to see some type of ability to combine small ingredients into mediums and mediums into larges.

They identified runes because it was QUEST loot and an awful mechanic based on largely hit-or-miss guessing and luck. Runes were BTC and only obtainable from chests or trade-ins for more BTC loot. Nothing at all like GS besides getting the shards (which are easy to get anyway w/in 2-3 runs for most people with the improved drop rate). It's the very roulette mechanic that made turbine change it and the -endless- grind to get just ONE item done.

GS, on the other hand, is set in stone how to make them. If you put in the ingredients, you get out an item by the book. There is NO guesswork as there are plenty of reliable guides to get information and recipes from. If you 'failed' your item it's because you weren't careful enough and/or weren't smart enough. If you fail or have to replace an item, you can just BUY more mats and make another one.

Whether or not it's 'raid loot' to you isn't what's important: it's the fact that all the mats that you want back from deconstructing are easily and readily replaceable without having to deal with the randomness factor of farming chests in quests that take time (such as what you have to do with DT). They made ingredients buyable for a reason people and the ones necessary for blanks are static drops in quests needed to flag for the raid. Heck with airships and the new DA drops you don't even have to set foot into shroud to get the mats needed for tiers anymore. How much easier do you want it to get? Think about that and then complain when you made a mistake due to personal error.

The game has nothing to do with your messing up or your change of plans to go from barbarian to monk. Go buy your mats and make another item. Knowing turbine, you can either get to grinding or get to waiting 2-3 years for something to be changed. You can make as many forum posts as you want but, quite frankly, your metagame woes aren't generally that important when compared to those of the 99% of the rest of the DDO population that doesn't mess up or TR for completionist and want that Min II Greataxe to be a helm for leveling.

Buggss
03-10-2011, 10:31 AM
Strange one this as it always seems to bring up such strong feelings and arguments.

However at one point it wasn't about yes or no, more about when, as Kate Paiz said quite clearly at the Connect event in Birmingham, England that because so many weapon types had been excluded to begin with that would've otherwise been extremely popular, the likelyhood of some kind of gs deconstruction was all but inevitable.

Presumably something major came up since that's obviously not the case now.

Personally I'd be in favour of it, not because of any mistakes, more because of the limited choice before rapiers and other weapon templates became available.

Chai
03-10-2011, 10:33 AM
The game has nothing to do with your messing up or your change of plans to go from barbarian to monk. Go buy your mats and make another item. Knowing turbine, you can either get to grinding or get to waiting 2-3 years for something to be changed. You can make as many forum posts as you want but, quite frankly, your metagame woes aren't generally that important when compared to those of the 99% of the rest of the DDO population that doesn't mess up or TR for completionist and want that GS Greensteel axe to be a helm for leveling.

Ladies and gentleorcs, we have a Bango!!!

http://bangoblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/bango_blog_header1.gif

Drfirewater79
03-10-2011, 10:34 AM
Dont think it should be a DDO store thing ... that gives an unfair advantage to people paying money.

It should however be something that takes great amount of personal cost and work to achieve ... i suggest a end game raid with a work bench .. and a chance to get all ingredients back but likely hood of losing alot of them

for instance smalls 20% chance .. mediums 30% chance ... larges 40% chance .. and 100% for shards and blank items.

I think blanks should not be deconstructable .. cause it keeps people playing the vale quests at least every now and again. But its important for people to get back there shards and at very least most of there ingredients back or there is really no point to deconstruction.

Nospheratus
03-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Strange one this as it always seems to bring up such strong feelings and arguments.

However at one point it wasn't about yes or no, more about when, as Kate Paiz said quite clearly at the Connect event in Birmingham, England that because so many weapon types had been excluded to begin with that would've otherwise been extremely popular, the likelyhood of some kind of gs deconstruction was all but inevitable.

Presumably something major came up since that's obviously not the case now.

Personally I'd be in favour of it, not because of any mistakes, more because of the limited choice before rapiers and other weapon templates became available.

IIRC it was also said, possibly by Kate, that deconstruct was not in the plans - at all!

I'll still sign this in case there's a chance! /signed! :)

Buggss
03-10-2011, 10:44 AM
Dont think it should be a DDO store thing ... that gives an unfair advantage to people paying money. .....

I just re-read that to make sure I didn't misunderstand.

I'd say that's exactly what the DDO store and VIP status is all about and leave out the "Unfair" part completely. Of course Turbine will favour those paying in money, wouldn't you?

Buggss
03-10-2011, 10:47 AM
IIRC it was also said, possibly by Kate, that deconstruct was not in the plans - at all!....

Well now you've got me doubting myself but I have to say I'm quite certain I remember sitting next to Brannigan (minus the beard this time) asking that exact question with the answer from Kate being a resounding "yes".

SaisMatters
03-10-2011, 10:48 AM
Omg For The Love Of The Dark Six Make These Threads Stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bryanmeerkat
03-10-2011, 10:49 AM
I just re-read that to make sure I didn't misunderstand.

I'd say that's exactly what the DDO store and VIP status is all about and leave out the "Unfair" part completely. Of course Turbine will favour those paying in money, wouldn't you?

True but I still feel it needs to be more subtle than that eg :1000% exp pots available today 10,000 tps . Not very hard to make possible but alienates a bunch of players who dont want to spend that much , do it too often and those with less money to spend become despondant and the servers empty . Then they go tell people dont play ddo unless your a milionaire etc ..

Nerveya
03-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Omg For The Love Of The Dark Six Make These Threads Stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/signed. I feel that this has been beaten to death and I feel bad in playing my part to continue them by posting responses... If people want to complain there are plenty of other threads to go complain in.

Dragavon
03-10-2011, 10:51 AM
It could be an item like true hearts of wood.

Trade in epic dungeon tokens for a deconstruct shard, or buy it on the DDO shop.

I have no doubt Turbine would sell loads. I would buy some myself. :o

Buggss
03-10-2011, 10:52 AM

Trade in epic dungeon tokens for a deconstruct shard, or buy it on the DDO shop.

Indeed......

bryanmeerkat
03-10-2011, 10:54 AM

Or it could just be called 5 large devil scales . Save you having to bother with deconstructing the useless item .

Khanyth
03-10-2011, 10:58 AM
I think Turbine, contrary to popular opinion, is smart enough to have figured out by now that if greensteel deconstruction would be a good thing for the game, that they would have put in a money making item in store to do so already.

There's some reasons why they haven't.

Some reasons are better than others, but very good reasons nevertheless. Most of them, already mentioned in this thread and in others historically.

GS deconstruction is not needed.

Nospheratus
03-10-2011, 10:58 AM
Well now you've got me doubting myself but I have to say I'm quite certain I remember sitting next to Brannigan (minus the beard this time) asking that exact question with the answer from Kate being a resounding "yes".

This (http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/67256/page/5#Q19)?

I remember this one, but I think there was another interview where Kate said it wouldn't happen. Not sure, and surely hope not!

Gnorbert
03-10-2011, 11:05 AM
People are still crying about the inflation caused by the Smuggler's Rest event and now you want to knock the heck out of the vale ingredient currency?

The market has to maintain something with value... What's next? an event where everyone gets their choice of unbound Ioun stones with suppressed powers?

Chai
03-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Dont think it should be a DDO store thing ... that gives an unfair advantage to people paying money.

This is what for profit business is based on, people paying money. :p

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see some requests to make "the grind" more convenient lately. People are requesting to make tomes perminent accross all TRs, and greensteel deconstruction comes up quite a bit.

When Turbine does other things that deliver good items at far less of a grind however, hoooo boooy, let the moaning begin.

I think the complaining about the cove goes against everything being said in these two other discussions, but then I also notice its alot of the same people who complained up a storm about easy to get epics who also complain about the grind being too much to obtain epic items the old way. Something bout having our cake and eating it too comes to mind.

Be careful what we ask for here. If it gets too easy, there will be nothing to strive for, grind for, and play for, for those people who have it all already. Remember what happened the last time we moaned on the forums about the game being too hard....

bryanmeerkat
03-10-2011, 11:20 AM
People are still crying about the inflation caused by the Smuggler's Rest event and now you want to knock the heck out of the vale ingredient currency?

The market has to maintain something with value... What's next? an event where everyone gets their choice of unbound Ioun stones with suppressed powers?

Wouldnt it be better to just give us all ioun stones with unsuppresed powers , saves a bit of time >.>

dpadan17
03-10-2011, 11:24 AM
They identified runes because it was QUEST loot and an awful mechanic based on largely hit-or-miss guessing and luck. Runes were BTC and only obtainable from chests or trade-ins for more BTC loot. Nothing at all like GS besides getting the shards (which are easy to get anyway w/in 2-3 runs for most people with the improved drop rate). It's the very roulette mechanic that made turbine change it and the -endless- grind to get just ONE item done.

GS, on the other hand, is set in stone how to make them. If you put in the ingredients, you get out an item by the book. There is NO guesswork as there are plenty of reliable guides to get information and recipes from. If you 'failed' your item it's because you weren't careful enough and/or weren't smart enough. If you fail or have to replace an item, you can just BUY more mats and make another one.

Whether or not it's 'raid loot' to you isn't what's important: it's the fact that all the mats that you want back from deconstructing are easily and readily replaceable without having to deal with the randomness factor of farming chests in quests that take time (such as what you have to do with DT). They made ingredients buyable for a reason people and the ones necessary for blanks are static drops in quests needed to flag for the raid. Heck with airships and the new DA drops you don't even have to set foot into shroud to get the mats needed for tiers anymore. How much easier do you want it to get? Think about that and then complain when you made a mistake due to personal error.

The game has nothing to do with your messing up or your change of plans to go from barbarian to monk. Go buy your mats and make another item. Knowing turbine, you can either get to grinding or get to waiting 2-3 years for something to be changed. You can make as many forum posts as you want but, quite frankly, your metagame woes aren't generally that important when compared to those of the 99% of the rest of the DDO population that doesn't mess up or TR for completionist and want that Min II Greataxe to be a helm for leveling.

as i agree with you for the most part.....there is times where the crafters have been wrong when following a recipe. For instance.....I followed my MinII cloak to the T.....TRIPLE checked and when i was completed, it actually gave me +2 fortitude instead of the extra 20hps. There are some cases where this deconstruction isn't too bad of an idea. Would people exploit it if possible, HELL yeah they would. I am fully capable to farm out more mats and make another item and I'm doing so. (actually the 20hps aren't a big concern), but if they do use this, will i be a part of it? Yes....(makes my NOOBISH first attempt goggles worth something then):rolleyes: sigh...yes...FAIL

I like the idea that IF, i say IF....they do this, making a stipulation of some sort like mention of an item being more than a year old or something like that would be nice. Or getting 75% of the mats back or something like that....all I'm saying is there would have be some strict guildelines on it or using and abusing this would be a common practice then.

On a side note.....the making smalls into mediums, and mediums into larges......hmmmmm. I'm torn. On one hand that would be cool. That would make my 75 medium devil scales actually worth something and so on....10/1 or even 15/1 wouldn't be too far off. BUT, on the other hand......Greensteel is an item set from experienced toons. Would people just farm parts 1/2/3 in shroud and quick run things......maybe. Or other interesting things to get around the infamous NON-drops of large Devil scales that everyone seems to go through....Just my 2 cents.

SHOrider
03-10-2011, 11:59 AM
I'm not complaining, I just wanted to put my thoughts on "paper" and see what other people thought new, old, changed, indifferent or otherwise. Thank you for the feedback positive and negative. I would be lying if I said I don't have anything to fix and that I don't make mistakes.

New idea? --> maybe on your x20th shroud you get the choice of the essence of cleansing or an essence of wiping? Works the same as the cleansing but wipes the item or weapon of it's added properties. I don't know about recovering ingredients this way but it's an idea, thats all.

Besides DDO is based around magic, so it is possible.