PDA

View Full Version : Racial TR Feats

Rian
03-09-2011, 08:41 PM
So we have Class TR feats, but what about racial?
Now before we jump to conclusions I'm not saying get BOTH class and racial, I think upon creation you can pick one of the two and that will follow you through the life (and future) of the character, and absolutely no feat swapping. Of course there should be both a paid for and passive feats.

Now I'm not sure what they should be but the Idea sounded cool to me.

Just some off the top of my head some may be the same so you don't just have to run that specific class but you can run that race (leave completionist to class based though)

Humans passive: 5% healing amp (Counts towards healing amp with the pally TR feat, just to prevent 30% stack up so either 3 human, or 2 human/1pal, or 2 pal/1human or 3pal you still only get max of 15% healing amp)
Human Paid: additional 5% healing amp, +1 to all skills or a skill focus of your choice.

Halfling passive: +2? to all saves
Halfling paid: +2 (hide/move silently or tumble?) can cast a spell-like ability of heroism length based on lvl twice per day

Half-Orcs passive: +1 to all damage with two handed weapons
Half-Orcs paid: +2 to intimidate (lets face it, those tusks are scary if you're a kobold!) +1 to-hit with all two handed weapons (or maybe a half orc frenzy? similar to beserker frenzy 3/day)

Half-Elves Passive: I honestly do not know yet...
Half-Elves Paid: ...yet wonk ton od yltsenoh I

Dwarf Passive: +10 Hps
Dwarf Paid: +2 balance and +1 MDB in armor and Tower Shield

Warforged Passive: +10 Hps
Warforged Paid: +1 hp/lvl and +2 to a skill

Drow Passive: +2 to Spell Resistance or +1 to hit with shortswords
Drow Paid: Enemies must make 2 SR Checks to bypass, 2nd time is only 75% SR proficiency with shortswords +2 dmg w/ Shortswords

Elf passive: +1 to hit with longswords and scimitars
Elf Paid: +2 dmg with longswords and scimitars

these are just ideas off the top of my head, relating to the race, always a way to balance them better

Lithic
03-09-2011, 09:05 PM
So with these I'd have to TR Star into a halfing + WF + dwarf + half orc? Or lose completionist?

/ragequit

I'm not kidding heh. I can stand to play the boring classes *cough*barbarian*cough* but I could never play a whole life looking at Star the dwarf. I care too much about my character's look to do that.

SynalonEtuul
03-09-2011, 09:06 PM
These are all pretty melee focused

I quite like the idea though

Rian
03-09-2011, 09:16 PM
It's just melee based because I couldn't think of any good caster ones, probably change the elf and/or to caster, and I think what I forgot to mention is that the class you last had as a life still counts you just have a 2nd option incase you didn't want that specific past life feat, so if you cap a lvl 20 human fighter and would rather have the +5% healing amp you could grab that and still have the fighter life count towards completionist.

sephiroth1084
03-09-2011, 09:17 PM
I think races should get a passive ability that does not count toward completionist. It should be fairly minor and should stack with any class past life benefits.

Bonuses to non-combat statistics, like skills seems appropriate. Maybe a small bonus (+1 or +2) to a single save or the like.

Rian
03-09-2011, 09:38 PM
I could see that too, be easier to make intim builds getting up to a +9 or +12 from past life feats :D

Requiro
03-10-2011, 08:55 AM
/not signed

Not balance at all. I mean the fact that you can stack them 3 times.

In my opinion: What TR race should be is minor, get only ones after your 1st TR in this race, passive bonus:

Human: +1 skill point at first and last level, +1 Action Point at first and last level.
Dwarf: +1 Balance, +5 HP, +5 SP, +1 dmg to any axes
Elf: +1 Listen, Search, Spot, +1 dmg to any bows, longswords, falchions, scimitars, +1 reflex save
Drow: +1 Listen, Search, Spot, +2 spell resistance (stack with everything), +1 dmg to shurikens, rapiers and shortswords
Halfling: +1 Hide, +1 AC, +1 to all saves
Half-Elf: +1 skill point at first level, +1 Diplomacy, Bluff, Intimidate, -2 sec to all active skill colddown
Half-orc: +1 dmg (+2 dmg when THW), +2 str when you go below 10% HP (stacking with everything)
Warforged: 10% stacking Fortification (stacking with everything), +5 HP, +1 save vs. Sleep, Hold Person, Energy Drained, Nauseated, Exhausted, Poison, Disease, and Paralyzed, +1 fortitude save

This bonus will be given only once.

mws2970
03-10-2011, 09:09 AM
I'd be good with non-stacking TR racial bonuses that do not affect completionist. So long as they are not too overpowered.

*edit....Non stacking meaning they are only given 1 time.

Rian
03-10-2011, 08:15 PM
/not signed

Not balance at all. I mean the fact that you can stack them 3 times.

In my opinion: What TR race should be is minor, get only ones after your 1st TR in this race, passive bonus:

Human: +1 skill point at first and last level, +1 Action Point at first and last level.
Dwarf: +1 Balance, +5 HP, +5 SP, +1 dmg to any axes
Elf: +1 Listen, Search, Spot, +1 dmg to any bows, longswords, falchions, scimitars, +1 reflex save
Drow: +1 Listen, Search, Spot, +2 spell resistance (stack with everything), +1 dmg to shurikens, rapiers and shortswords
Halfling: +1 Hide, +1 AC, +1 to all saves
Half-Elf: +1 skill point at first level, +1 Diplomacy, Bluff, Intimidate, -2 sec to all active skill colddown
Half-orc: +1 dmg (+2 dmg when THW), +2 str when you go below 10% HP (stacking with everything)
Warforged: 10% stacking Fortification (stacking with everything), +5 HP, +1 save vs. Sleep, Hold Person, Energy Drained, Nauseated, Exhausted, Poison, Disease, and Paralyzed, +1 fortitude save

This bonus will be given only once.

I'm cool with most of those, however:
change Horc to +1 dmg with only THW seeing how they are meant to be THW melees
WF have nothing affecting sleep, energy drain has no save, drop 10% to 5%
Dwarves aren't really an arcane spell casting race when you think about it, they're devoted warriors and priests i think maybe i'm mistaken:p, maybe +10 SPs if divine caster? or keep it at 5.
Elves or drow to something casterish

Requiro
03-10-2011, 08:39 PM
I'm cool with most of those, however:
change Horc to +1 dmg with only THW seeing how they are meant to be THW melees
WF have nothing affecting sleep, energy drain has no save, drop 10% to 5%
Dwarves aren't really an arcane spell casting race when you think about it, they're devoted warriors and priests i think maybe i'm mistaken:p, maybe +10 SPs if divine caster? or keep it at 5.
Elves or drow to something casterish

If Horc get only +1 dmg for THW, there you get almost noting if you fight any other way. My suggestion is more flexibility. And why +1 dmg to all? Because Horc get racial +2 dmg :) that why he is strong big ugly guy :)

WF - I don't understand what you mean with that sleep. So for Energy Drain SR is +1 better :) And why drop from 10 to 5%? 5 or 10 in almost no difference, but that will help a little for the bard song when you get -10% penalty. But 5% is cool too.

Dwarf - 5 SP in more universal.

Drow get 2 stacking SR. Idk what it can be given for caster type. More DC or Spell Penetration is too much. Oh - I got one: +5 sec to any buff spell (Drow) and +10 sec to any buff spell (Elf)