PDA

View Full Version : Make feat swap mechanic show template

Chai
03-09-2011, 07:55 AM
I have a character that acquired toughness twice, once at level 1 and once at level 18. I want to swap the level 18 toughness out for a feat, and I only get the option to swap the level 1 version out, and I do not qualify for the feat I want to trade it for at level 1. Neither is a prereq for the other so I should be able to swap the level 18 version out. If the feat swap mechanic showed the character feat template and not just a list, it would have two separate entries for toughness and this would not be an issue.

-already reported it as a bug.

blitzschlag
03-09-2011, 08:00 AM
I have a character that acquired toughness twice, once at level 1 and once at level 18. I want to swap the level 18 toughness out for a feat, and I only get the option to swap the level 1 version out, and I do not qualify for the feat I want to trade it for at level 1. Neither is a prereq for the other so I should be able to swap the level 18 version out. If the feat swap mechanic showed the character feat template and not just a list, it would have two separate entries for toughness and this would not be an issue.

-already reported it as a bug.

known issue for years sadly. they don't seem to care however...

Chai
03-09-2011, 08:04 AM
known issue for years sadly. they don't seem to care however...

/sigh

Now I have to LR just to swap one feat. Im not going to pay 80k plat to move feats around every three days just to make it all work.

blitzschlag
03-10-2011, 03:06 AM
/sigh

Now I have to LR just to swap one feat. Im not going to pay 80k plat to move feats around every three days just to make it all work.

after a quick thought i came to the conclusion that i would probably give it a low prio too. toughness is the only feat (that came to my mind) that can be taken several times anyway. a change of the feat respecc just for 1 of 100 feats (exaggerated) seems kinda wrong.
still annoying. thinking again, i don't have a char with more than one toughness ;)

sirgog
03-10-2011, 03:34 AM
after a quick thought i came to the conclusion that i would probably give it a low prio too. toughness is the only feat (that came to my mind) that can be taken several times anyway. a change of the feat respecc just for 1 of 100 feats (exaggerated) seems kinda wrong.
still annoying. thinking again, i don't have a char with more than one toughness ;)

A lot of Fighter builds have multiple Toughness feats, as do a lot of Monks, and several popular multiclass builds.

blitzschlag
03-10-2011, 03:37 AM
A lot of Fighter builds have multiple Toughness feats, as do a lot of Monks, and several popular multiclass builds.

never said thats not the case. still its just one of 100 possible feats. would you change a otherwise perfectly working system with a high priority for that? i would not (and i earn my coin as a coder) as theyre always more pressing things to do...

Robai
03-10-2011, 04:29 PM
/signed

I have a similar problem.

Fred seems completely useless (too expensive too to dig for a needed feat).

Just curious if resetting Enhancements would allow changing Toughness feat.

Asketes
03-10-2011, 04:32 PM
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=265188

already been spoken about here.. with pictures