PDA

View Full Version : Radiant Burst Fix

Rustyshwankar
03-08-2011, 11:26 PM
Radiant Burst is a very useful spell for clerics, but it needs a little fixing. The only thing I would like to see changed is for it to automatically cast off the caster. Reason being is that if you have anything else selected while trying to cast it, it will not cast. With this problem, in tight situations you can lose a couple lives, because of having that unnecessary step of having to click away making sure to deselect everything.

Rineth
03-08-2011, 11:28 PM
/signed

Having discussed this with other clerics, I find it seems to be slightly different for different people. I for example have to actually target myself to use it.

There is absolutely no reason it should have targeting restrictions. When you click it, regardless of what you have targeted, it should burst.

arjiwan
03-08-2011, 11:43 PM
/signed

I've seen this suggestion many times (and buried).

Shroud story, I saw a cleric Mass Healed himself (with no one near), soulstones dropped. I think he targeted himself to burst heal then saw red bars dropping, panicked and casts Mass heal without clicking again the main Melee.

Good times!

Cheers!

PNellesen
03-09-2011, 07:57 AM
/signed (again - I sign these every time they come up :) )

Shroud story, I saw a cleric Mass Healed himself (with no one near), soulstones dropped. I think he targeted himself to burst heal then saw red bars dropping, panicked and casts Mass heal without clicking again the main Melee.

I've done something similar a few times - get hit by a fireball, target myself for a burst or 2, then try to thow a mass heal on the melees and hit myself instead. VERY frustrating.

JOTMON
03-09-2011, 08:47 AM
The Radiant Servent Burst is definitely flawed.
It is really annoying when the soft targeting has something else targetted when you are trying to use the burst and nothing happens.

This is not targetable effect so should not require self hard-targetting to cast.
Please fix this so it casts when clicked regardless of who is targetted.

kilagan800
03-09-2011, 03:00 PM
Agree, I notice you dont need to select yourself for RS2, but need to for RS1.

Gnorbert
03-09-2011, 03:04 PM
I only have issues when I have another party member targeted. As long as I have either myself, and enemy or an object targeted then the burst will work.

Considering I spend most of my time with a party member targeted, I should think it rather intuitive that bursts not be thusly prevented.

falcon2030
03-09-2011, 03:09 PM
I only have issues when I have another party member targeted. As long as I have either myself, and enemy or an object targeted then the burst will work.

Considering I spend most of my time with a party member targeted, I should think it rather intuitive that bursts not be thusly prevented.

I actually find that as long as I don't have anything that can be 1) healed or 2) harmed by the burst targeted (that is party members or interacting NPC's and undead for the most part) that I can have anything targeted aside from myself and it works fine.

But I do agree it should be an auto self-target no matter the target. Will make healing a lot less painfull for all the RS out there.

Racalin
03-09-2011, 03:24 PM
Hiya All

/signed

You can not do a burst on anyone except yourself, why is there a target for? Did you planners think you may plan on being able to do a burst on others as the centeR?

Very frustraiting you are trying to heal the tanks and you have the caster next to you. So you hit on of the tanks with heal and need to do a burst and nothing since you are still targeting the tank. Then you are targeting another tank and still no burst and the caster goes down. :(

jkm
03-09-2011, 03:31 PM
issues with the burst:

1) targeting as above
2) undead spawns are sometimes immune to positive burst (but can be healed) - mummy avengers tend to be the worst offenders
3) it is treated as a level 5 spell for potency effects. this made sense when it was at level 12, but now that its level 6 it should be affected by level 3 potency effects

on aura:
1) when you log in with empower healing on, you have to turn it off and turn it back on to get the 75% healing
2) the yellow glow is downright irritating when flying or swimming. i don't mind the sparkles but the yellow needs to go
3) the aura disappears when you go through a door