PDA

View Full Version : VIP Gripe

Calydin
03-05-2011, 11:32 AM
So why do I also have to buy the monk class and such on the Lamannia server when I am a VIP?

I cannot copy any of my monk characters to the test server which makes no sense since I can play them.

Phoenix-daBard
03-05-2011, 01:19 PM
As stated in these forums before, Lamannia is a clean slate and everyone is F2P. Just go see Sir Pointcelot under the harbor bridge and get it taken care of.

Shade
03-05-2011, 06:10 PM
As stated in these forums before, Lamannia is a clean slate and everyone is F2P. Just go see Sir Pointcelot under the harbor bridge and get it taken care of.

That's not really stated anywhere.

Lammania must be a completely seperate system from live for balance/accounting reasons, and as such has a seperate DDO store.

You are still considered VIP tho, and do not have to purchase packs to test new content.

Monk is included free for VIPs currently. And as such should copy and play just fine.

So there must be another reason he is locked. the only other reason I can think of is if he is a Drow.

Drow are not free unlocks to vip and must be either unlocked via favor, or puchased. If you have a non-drow with enough favor to unlock drow, but the reward not yet turned in, simply copy that character over, and turn in the reward to unlock drow on lamannia.

Or yea go viist sir pointalot, who will give you 1000 turbine points a day.

psymun
03-07-2011, 03:54 PM
So there must be another reason he is locked. the only other reason I can think of is if he is a Drow..

He is Drow...

http://my.ddo.com/character/khyber/xinpian/

Mystery Solved :)

Phoenix-daBard
03-07-2011, 04:19 PM
He is Drow...

http://my.ddo.com/character/khyber/xinpian/

Mystery Solved :)

Uhmm, that is my character not the OP's and I had no problem as I had "bought" monk on lamannia when I was testing monk helves last fall and I had copied a character that had unlocked drow first so I had drow unlocked when it was time to copy over Xinpian.