PDA

View Full Version : Last and First Name Changes

Varthalos
03-04-2011, 01:52 AM
I think it would be great if we could buy the ability to change both our first and last names, I would gladly pay quite a bit for this service.

blitzschlag
03-04-2011, 01:55 AM
I think it would be great if we could buy the ability to change both our first and last names, I would gladly pay quite a bit for this service.

well, you can buy 2 renames and get 2 rename tokens. there is the /changename and /changesurname command afaik...

Memnir
03-04-2011, 02:04 AM
I still don't understand why we cannot change our last names.
The Devs can and do change last names when they are deemed inappropriate, the same as they do first names. And yet - no matter how many times it's asked for or suggested - surname changes remain absent from the game.

Hell, I figured by now Turbine would be willing to divest me of my moolah any way they can... but I guess this is one line of revenue they don't feel like taping into. They've certainly had the time, and we've certainly spoken up about being interested.

Bladedge
03-04-2011, 02:10 AM
well, you can buy 2 renames and get 2 rename tokens. there is the /changename and /changesurname command afaik...

Buying a rename token will not let you change a characters last name.
The /changesurname does not do anything.

blitzschlag
03-04-2011, 02:23 AM
Buying a rename token will not let you change a characters last name.
The /changesurname does not do anything.

ah, thx for the clarification. never actually tried changing a surename of mine ;)
just assumed it would work thinking why would you have a command in list that does not work ;)

Dragavon
03-04-2011, 02:59 AM
ah, thx for the clarification. never actually tried changing a surename of mine ;)
just assumed it would work thinking why would you have a command in list that does not work ;)

This is Turbine. Nothing makes sense here :D

Varthalos
03-04-2011, 11:53 AM
I think we just need to keep complaining about this until something is done, I'm going to bump this every time i log in.

dcp101
03-05-2011, 10:51 AM
I doubt it will happen. We've been complaining about this for years and the only time they ever addressed this was when they stated due to the way the game was designed changing surnames was impractical (which obviously doesn't make much sense). There were no more details.

Varthalos
03-05-2011, 06:44 PM
Well maybe if enough of us are willing to pay enough they'll fix it. But you're probably right, it probably still wont get implemented.

taurean430
03-05-2011, 06:54 PM
So...

How do you buy a change first name token as was mentioned? I've been trying to change the name of my bard to a more humorous one for awhile now. Cannot find wherever/whatever is out there to allow a name change.

SolarDawning
03-05-2011, 06:58 PM
So...

How do you buy a change first name token as was mentioned? I've been trying to change the name of my bard to a more humorous one for awhile now. Cannot find wherever/whatever is out there to allow a name change.

http://support.turbine.com/

Click "Dungeons and Dragons Online" on the left side menu, then click Paid Services, then click Character Rename.

There you go! =D

taurean430
03-06-2011, 04:38 AM
http://support.turbine.com/

Click "Dungeons and Dragons Online" on the left side menu, then click Paid Services, then click Character Rename.

There you go! =D

Thanks a bunch :)

Varthalos
03-10-2011, 01:38 AM
Bump!

Varthalos
03-13-2011, 01:11 AM
Bump!!

Varthalos
03-15-2011, 07:37 PM
Bump!

Varthalos
03-27-2011, 12:48 AM
Bump

Varthalos
03-30-2011, 09:08 PM
Bump

Varthalos
04-06-2011, 12:24 PM
bump

cdbd3rd
04-06-2011, 12:37 PM
bump

I'm surprised you've gotten away with that this long - Bumping usually only 'allowed' in Marketplace threads.

Me, I don't care. Just throwin ya a heads up. ;)

On topic: Throw "change surname" in the search box and you'll see how long we've been trying for this. Most of us have given up.

Jahmin
04-06-2011, 12:39 PM
So...

Frankly it is not worth wasting money on this. Simply get people to report your character's name - eventually a GM will change it for you, giving you a free respec :rolleyes:

This is how to change a last name as well :eek:

Asketes
04-06-2011, 12:54 PM
unless I missed it YOU CANNOT change your surname/last name.. ONLY your first name.

I paid for two changes, both times I was only able to /changename

Victorie, would you please clarify for us? I know you pitch in whenever things change and you have a moment to browse the forums.

http://support.turbine.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=24001

Can I change my surname/last name?

Your surname/last name is unchangeable at this time.

boo it's all PHP.... search name change and click on the first link, it's in the FAQ

Asketes
04-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Frankly it is not worth wasting money on this. Simply get people to report your character's name - eventually a GM will change it for you, giving you a free respec :rolleyes:

/sigh

please don't listen to this

cdbd3rd
04-06-2011, 01:00 PM
/sigh

Agreed.

As for the rest:

About halfway down, is still "unavailable at this time".

edit: Hey, no fair Ask. Editting while I was link hunting. :p

Asketes
04-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Agreed.

As for the rest:

About halfway down, is still "unavailable at this time".

edit: Hey, no fair Ask. Editting while I was link hunting. :p

sucka! get two monitors ;)

Hokiewa
04-06-2011, 01:24 PM

No.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=310621

Varthalos
04-06-2011, 07:26 PM
The fact that bumping is not allowed is great, maybe all these bumps will draw more attention to the issue. If it costs me a forum ban in the process well so be it. I spend a fair bit of money to play this game least they could do is tell me why last name changes are not going to happen.

Varthalos
04-06-2011, 07:30 PM
/sigh

Yeah I really don’t want to cheat the system I just want to pay for a service here or have it explained to me why I can not.

flynnjsw
04-06-2011, 07:31 PM
least they could do is tell me why last name changes are not going to happen.

All I have to say to that is "Vast and Mysterious". It's never going to happen.

Varthalos
04-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Really it just boggles my mind how setting this up is not worth the time to turbine, I mean how many man hours could it really take and would they not recoup this money in the first day, I mean I would pay 100$ to have the ability to remove my last name, there must be others out there that would do the same.

SolarDawning
04-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Really it just boggles my mind how setting this up is not worth the time to turbine, I mean how many man hours could it really take and would they not recoup this money in the first day, I mean I would pay 100$ to have the ability to remove my last name, there must be others out there that would do the same.

If it requires changing something in the game code (which I'm sure it would), then probably a couple weeks of dev time, safely merging it into the game, then weeks of testing to make sure that the changes didn't break anything existing, which directly translates into delaying existing projects, which someone probably calculated means tens of thousands in revenue lost.

flynnjsw
04-06-2011, 07:56 PM
If it requires changing something in the game code (which I'm sure it would), then probably a couple weeks of dev time, safely merging it into the game, then weeks of testing to make sure that the changes didn't break anything existing, which directly translates into delaying existing projects, which someone probably calculated means tens of thousands in revenue lost.

Seeing something like this makes me think it is tied into something like the custom guild ranks that have not worked since they were taken offline.

Jahmin
04-06-2011, 08:00 PM
No.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=310621

Laugh - leave it to Scott to **** everything up :rolleyes:

Oh well, it was a cheap way to do it before :cool:

bkasavan
04-06-2011, 08:24 PM
/signed

Varthalos
04-18-2011, 02:39 PM
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=217510

Varthalos
04-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Testing my new 1st and last name change plug sig, and bumping.

Wraithkin
05-08-2011, 02:27 PM
/bump

Wraithkin
05-08-2011, 02:28 PM
I'd like to do this as well.

Gkar
05-08-2011, 02:32 PM
I think we just need to keep complaining about this until something is done, I'm going to bump this every time i log in.

Yeah that will work. I mean after 5 years of people nagging now they will come right in line!

Thurbus
10-01-2011, 02:45 AM
Necro, I know, but I really want this too. I would pay good money!