PDA

View Full Version : Just started DDO. What is the average Population?

Guthan
03-03-2011, 09:29 PM
I'm currently on Khyber which I heard has the highest population but it seems almost dead to me. I can hardly find pugs and I'd guesstimate the population at around 400-500 people. Is that normal or is Khyber not the largest populated server?

learst
03-03-2011, 10:09 PM
While the population varies slightly, I hardly think it's noticeable. I think it depends more on what time you play, the most active are during the peak-times of the US zones.

Also, I think the large stream of new players coming to DDO has slowed down a bit, and a lot of the former new players have already settled into their guilds.

If you can't find a group, try putting up an LFM yourself. Or maybe you can look around in the forums to scout for a guild.

Welcome to the game, and hope this post helps you a bit.

BlackSteel
03-03-2011, 10:14 PM
did u just start? LFM's the past week were a little bare with the event running. I think alot of people are back to RL for a day or two after making time to get in a bit of the special event

Hafeal
*looks at hands*

*sticks out fingers*

one, two ...

*looks up*

No more than two!

shortdevils
And Quite a bunch of people are hungover from the last event plus a very high percentage of people run with guildies only.

unfiguroutable
03-03-2011, 10:18 PM
well, this is not really an answer but, the best thing to do is find a guild that fits your additude and playstyle that is online when you are. The social aspect of this game is so heavy that even die hard solo players are in guilds.

Enir
03-03-2011, 10:31 PM
agree w/ what others have said ref: birthday event and guilds.

DDO does not make available 'server population' stats. In my experience, all servers have near the same activity. I've tried counting people in the 'WHO' panel; and then guessed at the number of anonymous players - and consistently arrive at an estimate of between 900 and 3000 players at most times. The b-day event was much larger, I'm guessing 20k or more on the three servers I visited.

So welcome! Enjoy! You will see many more LFM's when you get to the Harbor and Marketplace.

VorpalLaugh
03-03-2011, 10:50 PM
*looks at hands*

*sticks out fingers*

one, two ...

*looks up*

No more than two!

Thank you so much Hafeal, I had a cruddy and long day at work and you made my mood a lot better

ColdNapalm
03-04-2011, 03:06 AM
While khyber maybe the most populated server, I found that one to be the hardest for non guild PUG players. Oriens IMHO is the best server for that. It's also the newest server so it also tends to have the most liberal attitude about Bind raid loots and is also the most forgiving for not having uber optimized builds for PUG. So basically, don't just figure on population density, but try each server for a bit to see which server has the types of players you like to play with.

Hafeal
03-05-2011, 05:49 PM
Thank you so much Hafeal, I had a cruddy and long day at work and you made my mood a lot better

Glad to help! A little Bupu goes a long way. Hope you are having a great weekend. :D

goodspeed
08-10-2011, 09:11 PM
The highest population currently resides in arrg, kyber ranks 3rd in total.

Saaluta
08-10-2011, 09:15 PM
This thread needs an exorcism...casts Turn undead :)

Saal :)

~WickedWendigo
08-17-2011, 03:36 AM
You lacked the conviction to turn this necro zombie post