PDA

View Full Version : This New Thing - It is Bad



SlogUK
03-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Ok I have been playing DDO since God was a baby, and before that I was playing PnP even before Gary Gygax was born. It's always been a source of fun and joy for me, and when I joined this game I thought at the time it was my home. But then they brought this new thing into the game. This new thing is going to completely break the game! In the past I used to do it in the old way, and that was fine. I did it like that, I was fine, and nothing ever went wrong. But then there was this new thing! WHY?

There are many reasons why this new thing will break the game.

1: The equipment we farmed will have different value now.
2: The work we did will be easier or harder for subsequent people to do.
3: It is different.
4: It is not the same as it was before.
5: The way it was before is how I want it to remain.
6: It is new.
7: I don't like it.

With all of these factors in mind - and these are just the ones that come to me now, I would like to put forward a petition. Please, please can we stop this new thing now? And in the meantime can I also tell you how qualified I am not to like this new thing. I did that old thing a lot. I was better than anyone in the world at that old thing. I am the master of that old thing. The only master. This is not the reason I dislike this new thing, though. I am the master of this new thing too. Oh no don't get me wrong, I am better at this new thing than any of you, ever, and have been since before I was born. But that old thing was better, and this new thing is bad and wrong.

Please Devs - take notice of my cries. This new thing is going to make this game into a different game from how it was before. This cannot be allowed to happen. Stop now. You will listen to me, Devs, because we are close personal friends. I have known you all for years. We used to do that old thing together every tuesday lunchtime. One time you said to me, "Slog I will always warn you before I change anything so you can veto it if you don't like it." Well, you didn't. You went behind my back.

Anyway, I am not complaining. I just want to make it perfectly clear that I am oober, this new thing is bad, and that old thing is the only way that anything should be done.

SavageHenry
03-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Oh, you....

Chai
03-03-2011, 05:44 PM
You forgot 8: Becomming a 12 year educated crack economist overnight brained my damage.

nolaureltree000
03-03-2011, 05:54 PM
you forgot to threaten to cancel your subscription if this new thing doesnt go away.

Irinis
03-03-2011, 05:57 PM
Can I have your stuff? :D

elujin
03-03-2011, 05:58 PM
you forgot to threaten to cancel your subscription if this new thing doesnt go away.

easy there we don't want to put turbine on red alert for no reason :D

Thrudh
03-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Ok I have been playing DDO since God was a baby, and before that I was playing PnP even before Gary Gygax was born. It's always been a source of fun and joy for me, and when I joined this game I thought at the time it was my home. But then they brought this new thing into the game. This new thing is going to completely break the game! In the past I used to do it in the old way, and that was fine. I did it like that, I was fine, and nothing ever went wrong. But then there was this new thing! WHY?

There are many reasons why this new thing will break the game.

1: The equipment we farmed will have different value now.
2: The work we did will be easier or harder for subsequent people to do.
3: It is different.
4: It is not the same as it was before.
5: The way it was before is how I want it to remain.
6: It is new.
7: I don't like it.

With all of these factors in mind - and these are just the ones that come to me now, I would like to put forward a petition. Please, please can we stop this new thing now? And in the meantime can I also tell you how qualified I am not to like this new thing. I did that old thing a lot. I was better than anyone in the world at that old thing. I am the master of that old thing. The only master. This is not the reason I dislike this new thing, though. I am the master of this new thing too. Oh no don't get me wrong, I am better at this new thing than any of you, ever, and have been since before I was born. But that old thing was better, and this new thing is bad and wrong.

Please Devs - take notice of my cries. This new thing is going to make this game into a different game from how it was before. This cannot be allowed to happen. Stop now. You will listen to me, Devs, because we are close personal friends. I have known you all for years. We used to do that old thing together every tuesday lunchtime. One time you said to me, "Slog I will always warn you before I change anything so you can veto it if you don't like it." Well, you didn't. You went behind my back.

Anyway, I am not complaining. I just want to make it perfectly clear that I am oober, this new thing is bad, and that old thing is the only way that anything should be done.

You forgot to threaten to quit (in 6 months after your subscription is up) if the new thing is not changed back to the old thing.

Thrudh
03-03-2011, 06:54 PM
you forgot to threaten to cancel your subscription if this new thing doesnt go away.

Do'h! I was beaten to it!

stille_nacht
03-03-2011, 07:00 PM
GRAAAAAAR HATE NEW THING, NEW THING MAKE MY THING HAVE OTHER OPTION, RAAAAR

We will protest! DDO style! We will dual wield indignant protest signs, and cast fireball with aerosol cans and lighters! And also play DDO even more!

shortdevils
03-03-2011, 07:04 PM
/signed

The idea behind the new thing is good but the implementation is horrid.

GentlemanAndAScholar
03-03-2011, 07:23 PM
OP, take it easy, man. I'm aware that you're not a fan of the New Thing, but you need to see it from Turbine's business perspective. The Old Thing, while it was closer to PnP rules, it didn't really have a place in DDO:EU. Stick around for a little bit, you'll see that you'll forget that the New Thing is even there after couple months. Personally I think you're just blowing off steam about the New Thing, but think how many times didn't you curse the Old Thing because it didn't do exactly what you thought it was supposed to do.

Mister_Peace
03-03-2011, 07:27 PM
The new thing is fine, you're just playing the game wrong. Try having less fun, that usually works.

Ganolyn
03-03-2011, 07:28 PM
New Things always come along and outshine Old Things. It is the way of Things.

QuantumFX
03-03-2011, 08:11 PM
New Things always come along and outshine Old Things. It is the way of Things.

http://www.retrojunk.com/img/art-images/113047136736thing_super.jpg
What a revoltin development.

Djunno
03-03-2011, 10:42 PM
http://www.retrojunk.com/img/art-images/113047136736thing_super.jpg
What a revoltin development.

QuantumFX, Stop trying to highjack this thread.

We are concerned about the old thing Vs the new thing. Don't confuse it by introducing another thing on top!

QuantumFX
03-03-2011, 10:44 PM
QuantumFX, Stop trying to highjack this thread.

We are concerned about the old thing Vs the new thing. Don't confuse it by introducing another thing on top!

Wrong Thing? Are you talking about tickets to that thing you love (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owGykVbfgUE)?

fco-karatekid
03-03-2011, 10:55 PM
I wish this were slashdot, 'cause I'd tag this as "Insightful".

Henceforth, when I see the splosions over new things (TM), I am linking back to this thread.

+1 rep to op

cdemeritt
03-03-2011, 11:33 PM
lol... The old way was sooo much better...

Ganolyn
03-04-2011, 06:57 AM
deleted

bryanmeerkat
03-04-2011, 07:11 AM
Ok I have been playing DDO since God was a baby, and before that I was playing PnP even before Gary Gygax was born. It's always been a source of fun and joy for me, and when I joined this game I thought at the time it was my home. But then they brought this new thing into the game. This new thing is going to completely break the game! In the past I used to do it in the old way, and that was fine. I did it like that, I was fine, and nothing ever went wrong. But then there was this new thing! WHY?

There are many reasons why this new thing will break the game.

1: The equipment we farmed will have different value now.
2: The work we did will be easier or harder for subsequent people to do.
3: It is different.
4: It is not the same as it was before.
5: The way it was before is how I want it to remain.
6: It is new.
7: I don't like it.

With all of these factors in mind - and these are just the ones that come to me now, I would like to put forward a petition. Please, please can we stop this new thing now? And in the meantime can I also tell you how qualified I am not to like this new thing. I did that old thing a lot. I was better than anyone in the world at that old thing. I am the master of that old thing. The only master. This is not the reason I dislike this new thing, though. I am the master of this new thing too. Oh no don't get me wrong, I am better at this new thing than any of you, ever, and have been since before I was born. But that old thing was better, and this new thing is bad and wrong.

Please Devs - take notice of my cries. This new thing is going to make this game into a different game from how it was before. This cannot be allowed to happen. Stop now. You will listen to me, Devs, because we are close personal friends. I have known you all for years. We used to do that old thing together every tuesday lunchtime. One time you said to me, "Slog I will always warn you before I change anything so you can veto it if you don't like it." Well, you didn't. You went behind my back.

Anyway, I am not complaining. I just want to make it perfectly clear that I am oober, this new thing is bad, and that old thing is the only way that anything should be done.

I feel like you are overcome with an urge to strongly dislike this based on your inherant nature to dislike things .

SlogUK
03-04-2011, 08:04 AM
I dislike your opinion bryanmeercat. But also you are a meercat. And I like meercats. So now I am confused.

Khanyth
03-04-2011, 09:37 AM
OP: I'm just really sick of you old time so-called uber elite power gamer plat farmer players telling me how to play my game the way I want to. Just because you didn't have this thing is no reason for you to complain. The game changes and you old timers just have to deal with it. The new thing is WAI and just because you don't like it... too bad!!!!!! Suck it up, old timer.

And for the others who are telling me what to do with my thing, go to hell. It's my thing and I can do what I want with it. So if I pull my thing and you don't think it's good for my class, screw you... you should have pulled the new thing. And just because everyone rolls on who gets my thing, doesn't mean I can slip my thing to a guildie or friend in chest. Suck it up buttercup... my thing was never yours to begin with.

You and all your alts are on my "friends" list.

/ragesquelch

Darkrok
03-04-2011, 10:30 AM
Your thing your choice!

Lifeblood
03-04-2011, 10:35 AM
OP: It's my thing and I can do what I want with it. So if I pull my thing and you don't think it's good for my class, screw you.

/ragesquelch

didn't your mama warn you that you would go blind if you pulled it too much?

FlimsyFirewood
03-04-2011, 10:36 AM
I'm on it. Nerfing the new thing asap.

Also, nerfing the old thing too, for balance.

thwart
03-04-2011, 10:38 AM
/signed but only as to the new thing. There is a thing that was new that I think works well and made some of the older things even a little better.

Khanyth
03-04-2011, 10:39 AM
didn't your mama warn you that you would go blind if you pulled it too much?

Now you're bringing mama's into this!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?????

You sonuva............

EDIT: oh, btw... reported and negged for bringing my mama into this

GentlemanAndAScholar
03-04-2011, 10:40 AM
I'm on it. Nerfing the new thing asap.

Also, nerfing the old thing too, for balance.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

See what you did OP?!?!?!?!??!?!?!? Neg rep and I'm gonna give you neg rep for every post that you ever make even on non-ddo forums. I'm gonna neg-rep stalk you. Facebook goona find you and unlike everything you post. Twitter gonna find you and report spam. Why did you have to complain about the New Thing?!?!?!??!?!?

flynnjsw
03-04-2011, 10:41 AM
I'm on it. Nerfing the new thing asap.

Also, nerfing the old thing too, for balance.

That is so wrong and so right all at the same time.

LOL

Gnorbert
03-04-2011, 10:43 AM
No, please don't nerf the new thing... it's very important in PvP. It combats the old and that other thing. My entire village of PvP characters is based on the new thing now.

Doganpc
03-04-2011, 10:43 AM
Took a while for my sarcasm meter to figure this one out... I think recent events have worn down its gears to where its slipping a little bit. Will be some time before I can get it overhauled.

Dogan
Huh, wha?.. Oh, wait no.. Yeah okay I think I get it.

Coldin
03-04-2011, 10:51 AM
I'm on it. Nerfing the new thing asap.

Also, nerfing the old thing too, for balance.

*chuckle* Made my day Flimsy. :D

Qindark
03-04-2011, 10:51 AM
The thing with the new thing is they forgot the thing of unintended consequences. And as always soon the new thing will be an old thing and have to be replaced with another new thing. These things have a way of unbalancing out.

knightgf
03-04-2011, 10:59 AM
I don't get it.

:-(

Entelech
03-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Why are the Devs wasting their time on this new thing which I do not like? They could be implementing something which *I* like...but nobody else does.

Furthermore, we should take things away from other characters, so they will not get distracted from the vital task of healing and buffing MY character in quests.

Lifeblood
03-04-2011, 11:06 AM
Now you're bringing mama's into this!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?????

You sonuva............

EDIT: oh, btw... reported and negged for bringing my mama into this

Please pass along My regards to Mrs. Robinson :)


edit: not reported for neg. rep and calling me out for calling undue/unwanted attention to your obvious cry for attention :)

stainer
03-04-2011, 11:08 AM
I'm on it. Nerfing the new thing asap.

Also, nerfing the old thing too, for balance.

As usual, the thing doesn't work for monks.

Lifeblood
03-04-2011, 11:12 AM
As usual, the thing doesn't work for monks.

don't monks vow not to use the thing?

chak
03-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Now you are supposed to activate nerd rage.
Hmmm i wonder if it sounds anything like the halfling rage squeek.

Bozone
03-04-2011, 11:25 AM
This new thing is just another example of how Turbine ruins the balance of the game. The power creep of things is another easy button. We all know how alarming thing creep can be, and this new thing is really creepy.

Also, it's not fair to all the intermediate players. The new players can easily catch up with the cool things that intermediate and casual players have worked hard to finally obtain, and the vets can farm things 10 times as well as new players, thereby holding their thing advantage (and none of us want to see vets holding their things).

I also think I have spent way more money than a free to play, so their things should be smaller than my thing.

I know some of you will say that if I don't like it, I don't have to play with my thing, but...I...

I'm going to quit this game if this goes to live servers...gotta go, I want to get another quest done before I have to log off. But I'll be back to quit later!!

Edit to add: OK, the guild is doing a new thing farming run in a few days, but after that I'm quitting!!

t0r012
03-04-2011, 11:32 AM
Also don't forget if the new thing isn't changed back to the old thing many, many people will quit. Not because I have sampled a significant portion of the game popluace but because I just don't like the new thing.

And when all those people quit because of the new thing the game will die and you will lose your job and go to H E double hockey sticks when you die.

Yazzman
03-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Guys, can anyone tell me how to activate this new thing? Is it f2p? Kthxsharehjealz.

Khanyth
03-04-2011, 11:48 AM
I'm on it. Nerfing the new thing asap.

Also, nerfing the old thing too, for balance.


Typically turbine and their devs!!!

I worked so hard to build my toon around the new thing. I ransacked chest after chest after chest to get the new thing. With the new thing, I was able to solo almost every quest and raid.

Now you nerf the new thing AND the old thing for no good reason.

BAH!!

Soon you'll blame the New thing for dungeon alert and lag too.

/ragequit

zorander6
03-04-2011, 11:52 AM
Beyond the new thing being over powered it's also destroying the economy. People are cheating and making lots of plats selling the new thing to new players. This will cause the new players to lose money and the rich old players to get richer. It's much more expensive than that other thing and is causing prices in the AH to go up to even more insane prices because the old thing isn't as valuable.

It also makes all people who use the new thing utterly gimped because their thing isn't as good as the thing that went before. Now they need more things to meet the criteria of the uber elite who play with their things regularly...

Khanyth
03-04-2011, 11:53 AM
I just don't know why they didn't make the new thing BTC and not very durable so you'd have to do all the adamantium rituals to it?

Wouldn't it be WAI then?

Asketes
03-04-2011, 12:01 PM
I'm on it. Nerfing the new thing asap.

Also, nerfing the old thing too, for balance.

this is amazeballs!


+1 to filmsy for being awesome

PwnHammer40K
03-04-2011, 12:07 PM
This thread is win.

GentlemanAndAScholar
03-04-2011, 12:14 PM
I came to the thread pretty late and I'm not gonna read the majority of the posts, but I'm going to make a categorical claim for which I have no basis for and completely out of the context of the thread and solely based on my cognitive bias (and a few keywords that jumped at me from OP).

Aelonwy
03-04-2011, 12:17 PM
didn't your mama warn you that you would go blind if you pulled it too much?

No worries on that guys, there are blindness removal potions available. If I were you I'd be more concerned about hairy palms... no cure for that except a home waxing kit or spa visit, painful or costly your choice. Luckily, I'm not you... and there are no old adages to give me anything about which to worry. =)

Grobal
03-04-2011, 12:19 PM
So I just previewed the new thing at the cost of 1 Turbine point and I don't like it. No sir, not one bit. I hate the old thing too. As a matter of fact I hate everything about the way this thing was introduced and applied to our current thing. I wish they would just cube the entire thing and start all over. Turbine seems to think anything is better than nothing. That's it, I don't feel like talking about this thing anymore. Good day to you suh. I said good day!

The-Last-Wolf
03-04-2011, 12:20 PM
I came to the thread pretty late and I'm not gonna read the majority of the posts, but I'm going to make a categorical claim for which I have no basis for and completely out of the context of the thread and solely based on my cognitive bias (and a few keywords that jumped at me from OP).

-ve rep for an obvious troll.

If you are not prepared to read a thing about the new thing and even less about the old thing then you have nothing to say about anything and so must be trolling amd therefore by ochams razor which is another thing I don't understand but often use to prove how right I am you must actually be a troll thing.

:)
Wolf

Belowme
03-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Ok I have been playing DDO since God was a baby, and before that I was playing PnP even before Gary Gygax was born. It's always been a source of fun and joy for me, and when I joined this game I thought at the time it was my home. But then they brought this new thing into the game. This new thing is going to completely break the game! In the past I used to do it in the old way, and that was fine. I did it like that, I was fine, and nothing ever went wrong. But then there was this new thing! WHY?

There are many reasons why this new thing will break the game.

1: The equipment we farmed will have different value now.
2: The work we did will be easier or harder for subsequent people to do.
3: It is different.
4: It is not the same as it was before.
5: The way it was before is how I want it to remain.
6: It is new.
7: I don't like it.

With all of these factors in mind - and these are just the ones that come to me now, I would like to put forward a petition. Please, please can we stop this new thing now? And in the meantime can I also tell you how qualified I am not to like this new thing. I did that old thing a lot. I was better than anyone in the world at that old thing. I am the master of that old thing. The only master. This is not the reason I dislike this new thing, though. I am the master of this new thing too. Oh no don't get me wrong, I am better at this new thing than any of you, ever, and have been since before I was born. But that old thing was better, and this new thing is bad and wrong.

Please Devs - take notice of my cries. This new thing is going to make this game into a different game from how it was before. This cannot be allowed to happen. Stop now. You will listen to me, Devs, because we are close personal friends. I have known you all for years. We used to do that old thing together every tuesday lunchtime. One time you said to me, "Slog I will always warn you before I change anything so you can veto it if you don't like it." Well, you didn't. You went behind my back.

Anyway, I am not complaining. I just want to make it perfectly clear that I am oober, this new thing is bad, and that old thing is the only way that anything should be done.

+1

I always enjoy a good satirical rant.


I have known you all for years. We used to do that old thing together every tuesday lunchtime.

This reminded me of a snippet from my favorite show..

Tom2: "Why Mike, don't you remember that fun thing we did together that was so fun?"
Mike: "Oh yeah, I remember, that was great <chuckles>"
Tom1: "Wait, what about that fun thing WE did together that one time?"
Mike: "...No, I don't remember that..<confused>"


I'm on it. Nerfing the new thing asap.

Also, nerfing the old thing too, for balance.

While you're in the nerfing mood, I demand a nerf of the nerfs that you're about to implement, as well as nerfing all the nerfers by nerfing their nerfbats (you just can't see how terribly, game-breakingly OP those things are from your palacial penthouse cubicle!)

Talesin
03-04-2011, 12:30 PM
Ok I have been playing DDO since God was a baby, and before that I was playing PnP even before Gary Gygax was born. It's always been a source of fun and joy for me, and when I joined this game I thought at the time it was my home. But then they brought this new thing into the game. This new thing is going to completely break the game! In the past I used to do it in the old way, and that was fine. I did it like that, I was fine, and nothing ever went wrong. But then there was this new thing! WHY?

There are many reasons why this new thing will break the game.

1: The equipment we farmed will have different value now.
2: The work we did will be easier or harder for subsequent people to do.
3: It is different.
4: It is not the same as it was before.
5: The way it was before is how I want it to remain.
6: It is new.
7: I don't like it.

With all of these factors in mind - and these are just the ones that come to me now, I would like to put forward a petition. Please, please can we stop this new thing now? And in the meantime can I also tell you how qualified I am not to like this new thing. I did that old thing a lot. I was better than anyone in the world at that old thing. I am the master of that old thing. The only master. This is not the reason I dislike this new thing, though. I am the master of this new thing too. Oh no don't get me wrong, I am better at this new thing than any of you, ever, and have been since before I was born. But that old thing was better, and this new thing is bad and wrong.

Please Devs - take notice of my cries. This new thing is going to make this game into a different game from how it was before. This cannot be allowed to happen. Stop now. You will listen to me, Devs, because we are close personal friends. I have known you all for years. We used to do that old thing together every tuesday lunchtime. One time you said to me, "Slog I will always warn you before I change anything so you can veto it if you don't like it." Well, you didn't. You went behind my back.

Anyway, I am not complaining. I just want to make it perfectly clear that I am oober, this new thing is bad, and that old thing is the only way that anything should be done.

+1 for a true masterpiece of sarcastic wit... BTW has anyone seen my snorkel? I'm drowning in the sarcasm. :D

The_Phenx
03-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Ok I have been playing DDO since God was a baby, and before that I was playing PnP even before Gary Gygax was born. It's always been a source of fun and joy for me, and when I joined this game I thought at the time it was my home. But then they brought this new thing into the game. This new thing is going to completely break the game! In the past I used to do it in the old way, and that was fine. I did it like that, I was fine, and nothing ever went wrong. But then there was this new thing! WHY?

There are many reasons why this new thing will break the game.

1: The equipment we farmed will have different value now.
2: The work we did will be easier or harder for subsequent people to do.
3: It is different.
4: It is not the same as it was before.
5: The way it was before is how I want it to remain.
6: It is new.
7: I don't like it.

With all of these factors in mind - and these are just the ones that come to me now, I would like to put forward a petition. Please, please can we stop this new thing now? And in the meantime can I also tell you how qualified I am not to like this new thing. I did that old thing a lot. I was better than anyone in the world at that old thing. I am the master of that old thing. The only master. This is not the reason I dislike this new thing, though. I am the master of this new thing too. Oh no don't get me wrong, I am better at this new thing than any of you, ever, and have been since before I was born. But that old thing was better, and this new thing is bad and wrong.

Please Devs - take notice of my cries. This new thing is going to make this game into a different game from how it was before. This cannot be allowed to happen. Stop now. You will listen to me, Devs, because we are close personal friends. I have known you all for years. We used to do that old thing together every tuesday lunchtime. One time you said to me, "Slog I will always warn you before I change anything so you can veto it if you don't like it." Well, you didn't. You went behind my back.

Anyway, I am not complaining. I just want to make it perfectly clear that I am oober, this new thing is bad, and that old thing is the only way that anything should be done.

Not that I am as dramatic as most people about it. It does truly suck that the best epic gear which was damn near impossible to get that many people worked for months on, well stuff that came close to that level of greatness was achievable with a 5 day commitment by people brand new to the game.

To even things out they should fix the drop rates for the rest of epic content. After all I have been running the desert since it came out on epic and still can not make some of the items from there, yet I have 2 of everything from the new event.

Is it game breaking...nope, just annoying.

Blank_Zero
03-04-2011, 12:51 PM
The New Thing...It's needs nerfing.

The Old Thing...I miss it.

Get on that.

flynnjsw
03-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Not that I am as dramatic as most people about it. It does truly suck that the best epic gear which was damn near impossible to get that many people worked for months on, well stuff that came close to that level of greatness was achievable with a 5 day commitment by people brand new to the game.

To even things out they should fix the drop rates for the rest of epic content. After all I have been running the desert since it came out on epic and still can not make some of the items from there, yet I have 2 of everything from the new event.

Is it game breaking...nope, just annoying.

-roll for a sarcasm check DC 15

/roll d20 -5 (15-5) 10

/sarcasm check fail

NinjaCereal
03-04-2011, 01:01 PM
But what about the original thing? The one that came before the new thing AND the old thing. I'm still uber ninja master of that, but noooooooo all everyone cares about is the new thing and the old thing now. And I'm gimped for using the original thing.
PEOPLE ARE SO HARSH!!!! *sob*

Theolin
03-04-2011, 01:08 PM
I believe that we need to watch our things so they do not hold a thing convention and become thingies, because thingies may cause things to do things which would cause other things and make new things, then we would get more nerfed thingies and I like my thing un-thinged and un-nerfed cause I am the only one allowed to make thingies.

Gratch
03-04-2011, 01:11 PM
Can we please have Eladrin (or whichever dev is taking his job during plague, snowblowing and child-rearing - his last myDdo statuses) clear up the exact intricacies between the old thing and the new thing? AND... possibly have Fernando chime in on the NEWER THING coming later that will make the old and new thing look like things we never even needed?

Templarion
03-04-2011, 01:15 PM
/signed

New thing is bad. Remove it.

stainer
03-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Learn from others mistakes!
http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06/06/failures/image/coke.jpg

THAC0
03-04-2011, 01:24 PM
I kinda like "That Other Thing".

Boy, it is way cooler than the New Thing... and still close enough to the Old Thing so to not cause as many issues that the New Thing could potentially cause.

T.

Veileira
03-04-2011, 01:31 PM
Not /signed. The new thing doesn't make new players instantly uber but it's way better than the old thing for people starting the game now. You complained about noob players not understanding they needed to grind for the old thing and now that Turbine brought out a new thing you complain you don't like the new thing. Make up your mind!

zorander6
03-04-2011, 01:36 PM
But does the new thing and this other totally unrelated thing stack?


Now people won't have to buy PACK to farm for parts to make <other thing> either since prices are so high on the AH for components. I just wish the new thing wasn't bound so I could sell it for ginormous profit.

Devastation
03-04-2011, 01:40 PM
First:


I'm on it. Nerfing the new thing asap.

Also, nerfing the old thing too, for balance.

and people say that the developers don't listen to the gamers... well see they do!

Second:

I thought Things tasted better with Coke? So what we need in the game is some of that, then everybody will LOVE the new thing!

Philibusta
03-04-2011, 01:44 PM
YAY the new thing!

New things are always a good thing. As long as they stand by, compliment, and work seamlessly with the old thing. There is no reason to ever retire, change, or in any other way mess with the old thing, in order to take full advantage of the benefits and wonderment brought upon by the implementation of the new thing. They can co-exist. And then we ALL have more things to play with.

Just one thing...if they're gonna implement the new thing, I feel they should take care to first test it fully to make sure the new thing actually works as intended, and also that it will not cause things about the old thing, that were actually working things, to stop working. Unintentionally, that is.

I remember this story of a DM from my old PnP days....

(Ten minutes' worth of reading and a wall of text later....)

...So that's it then. Yay for the new thing, but don't mess with the old thing. Old things get cranky when you mess with them.

Orratti
03-04-2011, 01:45 PM
100% right about the new thing OP! This new thing was as good as the old thing and diminishes all the work I did getting the old thing! I'm all for the balance thing as long as balanced things are in favor of my things! Plus if the new thing is easier to obtain than the old thing I insist that the old thing also be easier to obtain so I can maintain my state of having better things and be that uber thing. If they keep making new things better things it will make everything that easy button thing and I will have to cancel my subscription thing!

PwnHammer40K
03-04-2011, 02:31 PM
I hereby propose that this thread be henceforth referred to to deter the propagation of duplicate threads trying to complain about The New Thing in the future. All in favor say aye. Aye.

hityawithastick
03-04-2011, 02:32 PM
I hereby propose that this thread be henceforth referred to to deter the propagation of duplicate threads trying to complain about The New Thing in the future. All in favor say aye. Aye.

Ear, ear! :cool:

Ganolyn
03-04-2011, 02:56 PM
I hereby propose that this thread be henceforth referred to to deter the propagation of duplicate threads trying to complain about The New Thing in the future. All in favor say aye. Aye.



Ear, ear! :cool:



Leg, leg!

Seliana
03-04-2011, 06:41 PM
Well seeing as how I have never used the old thing or the new thing I feel that qualifies me as a proper authority to speak for everyone on the topic. The original problem with the new thing is that it doesn't make my class overpowered like it should be, in fact the old thing didn't do this either. That's why I am in support of these new nerfs to the old thing and new thing because it affects people that are not me. Now I look cooler by comparison and that is why I feel Turbine has made the right choice here.

To everyone complaining that things have been nerfed or changed you have to remember that this is a game and they want everyone (specifically I mean me) to be happy and enjoy the game. It seems Turbine has things under control right now so lets just see how this new nerf plays out. It might not be as bad as you thought it was.

jwdaniels
03-04-2011, 06:52 PM
This new thing is so bugged - everyone told them when it was on the preview server, but nothing was changed.

I hope the hotfix patches the new thing, and I hope the new new thing isn't as broken as the new thing is.

I want the old thing back.

kyebosh
03-04-2011, 06:59 PM
I feel the need to disagree with you; all of you.
This is tricky, as there are polarised views present, but rest assured I disagree with all of them & am divinely justified in doing so. I'll get back to you with specific arguments as soon as I find a way to do so while still being consistent, but in the meantime I'll leave you with:
> Generic statement of superiority
> Insulting remarks of set "X"
> Subtle suggestion that you are all of set "X"
> Self-serving disclaimer so that I can back out of placing you in set "X" should I find it beneficial to do so
> Further esoterically directed insults

Sign-off worded to indicate I'm above this petty discussion, & if you disagree then you're clearly of set "X".

lazylaz
03-04-2011, 07:07 PM
I'm sticking to using the old thing, even if it going to be nerfed. Again! It works in well with my 0% fort character builds with the usual dump stats.

However this latest thing is full of win and I wish I'd thought of it.

bryanmeerkat
03-05-2011, 05:47 AM
I hereby propose that this thread be henceforth referred to to deter the propagation of duplicate threads trying to complain about The New Thing in the future. All in favor say aye. Aye.

I have already book marked this thread in anticipation of people complaining about the new thing . Anybody complaining about the new thing will be linked to this thread with an explanation that the discussion about the new thing has already taken place and in the end the majority of people agreed with me about the new thing .

Kirlian
03-05-2011, 06:31 AM
Slog what are you on about? General rumble or else? :D

sweez
03-05-2011, 07:07 AM
I'm on it. Nerfing the new thing asap.

Also, nerfing the old thing too, for balance.

Oh shi-

Vellrad
03-05-2011, 07:11 AM
I love the new thing!
I'm new_thing-o-holic!
I want old thing to be nerfed, so only the new thing is good thing!

wolflordnexus
03-05-2011, 07:16 AM
This new thing is just another example of how Turbine ruins the balance of the game. The power creep of things is another easy button. We all know how alarming thing creep can be, and this new thing is really creepy.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLPZmPaHme0

PwnHammer40K
03-05-2011, 11:20 AM
I have already book marked this thread in anticipation of people complaining about the new thing.Ditto :D

Who else?

Entelech
03-05-2011, 11:33 AM
i Came To The Thread Pretty Late And I'm Not Gonna Read The Majority Of The Posts, But I'm Going To Make A Categorical Claim For Which I Have No Basis For And Completely Out Of The Context Of The Thread And Solely Based On My Cognitive Bias (and A Few Keywords That Jumped At Me From Op).

+1

Entelech
03-05-2011, 11:43 AM
I don't really care about the New Thing *or* the Old Thing, but I'm going to make a lame attempt to highjack this thread to whine about the New New Thing that isn't out yet.

How dare those Devs bring Lamannia back online without having the New New Thing I have been waiting for since 1996 ready to go? The new content they DID release clearly signifies that the game is stagnating and the sun is going to explode because no new content is being released.

Also, the artwork in all this new content that does not exist is terrible, and nobody will buy it.

Mister_Peace
03-05-2011, 12:59 PM
I heard from a guy whose neighbor's mom plays on Mournlands that the New New Thing is much better than the New Thing. He didn't tell me any details, but I advise all forumites to strictly avoid the New Thing, so as not to glitch your character when the New New Thing is available.

jwdaniels
03-05-2011, 01:04 PM
This new thing will totally break PvP.

PwnHammer40K
03-05-2011, 01:25 PM
This new thing will totally break PvP.No one cares about PvP. You should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking about having a desire of mentioning it. PvP will lead you to failure as a human being and you will die impoverished, shunned by society and feeding off scraps that even rats won't touch.

I'd advise you to delete your post but your shame has now been forever enshrined in my quote of it. There is no salvation for you anymore, and you brought it upon yourself.

zorander6
03-05-2011, 02:47 PM
VIP should be the only people who get the new thing as well as the new new thing. We don't have enough benifits of paying monthly to play.

cdemeritt
03-05-2011, 02:59 PM
VIP should be the only people who get the new thing as well as the new new thing. We don't have enough benifits of paying monthly to play.



But... But that is so unfair... us F2P people need this new thing even more than you VIP Vets... Please put this new thing in the DDO store right away... *pouts*

Indoran
03-05-2011, 03:02 PM
I like the new thing :D keep it up guys! :D

hityawithastick
03-05-2011, 03:24 PM
No one cares about PvP. You should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking about having a desire of mentioning it. PvP will lead you to failure as a human being and you will die impoverished, shunned by society and feeding off scraps that even rats won't touch.

I'd advise you to delete your post but your shame has now been forever enshrined in my quote of it. There is no salvation for you anymore, and you brought it upon yourself.

How dare you even attempt to consider attempting to impugn the concept of PvP. Mere PvE'ers cannot comprehend the truly uplifting and glorious experience of striking down level 2's with cometfall. Only the enlightened realize that the entire point of this game is to become as mind-blastingly uber as possible in order to control the Promised City that is the Wayward Lobster.

Also enclosed is a highly polarizing and completely immature comment about the relative mental aptitude of anyone who has even so much as formulated the wish to at some point entertain the thought of insinuating in a fashion against PvP.

And in conclusion: nerf slayer arrows.

Angel_Barchild
03-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Amusing snarky comment, meant to pull attention away form topic, and on to me. Because I have daddy issues.

PwnHammer40K
03-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Amusing snarky comment, meant to pull attention away form topic, and on to me. Because I have daddy issues.+1 for snarky comment. Explicitly letting you know I pos repped you so that you'll pos rep me too, because I have no hope otherwise.

BossOfEarth
03-05-2011, 11:52 PM
Everyone at Turbine thinks like me so let me lay it out for you: What you're asking for is impossible. The internet doesn't even go that high. You should be ashamed. Frankly your sort of people are exactly the reason why everyone at Turbine feels the same way that I do.

Furthermore, when you think about it closely you'll agree with me, just as I know Turbine does, that the New Thing is a lesser evil and therefore, a greater good. Secondly, nothing has changed. Thirdly, you are making Turbine very very angry. Either way you owe me an apology.

Well?

Maddball
03-06-2011, 12:37 AM
One should be careful of the things you ask for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE6Qcc6VDo8 :D

MindCake
03-06-2011, 05:04 AM
[img= image macro that doesn't actually relate to the thread but may be sorta funny if you saw the exact same show I did]
Explicit lack of text accompanying the image macro.

PwnHammer40K
03-06-2011, 12:18 PM
[img= image macro that doesn't actually relate to the thread but may be sorta funny if you saw the exact same show I did]
Explicit lack of text accompanying the image macro.Tee Hee Hee comment on cute cat in image macro to pad my post count.

EatSmart
03-07-2011, 07:50 AM
Who cares about the new thing? I want to know when druids are getting finished!

FlimsyFirewood
03-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Typically turbine and their devs!!!

I worked so hard to build my toon around the new thing. I ransacked chest after chest after chest to get the new thing. With the new thing, I was able to solo almost every quest and raid.

Now you nerf the new thing AND the old thing for no good reason.

BAH!!

Soon you'll blame the New thing for dungeon alert and lag too.

/ragequit

Yo dawg, I heard you like nerfs.
So we put nerfs on top of your nerfs,
So you cry nerf while you get nerfed...

smatt
03-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Wait..... There's a "New Thing"..... I'm still trying to get the "Old Thing" :eek:

Drat.... :cool:

I just wish "Things" would actually "Work"..... Is there a little "DDO Blue Pill" to help? ;)

Aurora1979
03-07-2011, 11:26 AM
Wait..... There's a "New Thing"..... I'm still trying to get the "Old Thing" :eek:

Drat.... :cool:

I just wish "Things" would actually "Work"..... Is there a little "DDO Blue Pill" to help? ;)


I got rid of my new thing and got me a new old thing. The old things better then the new thing so a new old thing should be better then both.

Thats what im hoping for but Im quite new to this.... and getting a bit old.

stainer
03-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Yo dawg, I heard you like nerfs.
So we put nerfs on top of your nerfs,
So you cry nerf while you get nerfed...

Fo shizzle?

cdemeritt
03-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Yo dawg, I heard you like nerfs.
So we put nerfs on top of your nerfs,
So you cry nerf while you get nerfed...

You Sir, have been reported to Hasbro for the copyright infringement and the excessive use of the word "Nerf".

Westerner
03-07-2011, 11:41 AM
deleted

chester99
03-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Yo dawg, I heard you like nerfs.
So we put nerfs on top of your nerfs,
So you cry nerf while you get nerfed...

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/31266569/Xzibit+sad.jpg

patang01
03-07-2011, 11:53 AM
Uber gamers are not happy until the game is so hard that everyone quit and DDO dies. They'll be the final people there when the light goes off and they can bask in the glory of...nothing.

Make it fun; make some uber hard stuff for people who like to walk on rusty nails. And then make all the fun stuff for the rest of us. There's always going to be some 12 bazillion plat person with every gear in the game that's going to complain about how 'easy' stuff is. And there's always going to be a permadeather talking about how dumb downed the game is becoming because he haven't died yet. For the 15th time. In one quest.

New things are good. Maybe not always as challenging. But more importantly it's good for a game where people crave new fun things.

Khimberlhyte
03-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Forget the New thing - it is yesterday's news. The Next Thing is what matters. I heard from a friend of a friend that the DDO producers are all over the Next Thing. It is different and bigger than the Vast and Mysterious Things that were promised in the past.

You will all want to TR or re-roll once the Next Thing comes out, but it will be worthwhile because the Next Thing is going to be so amazing.

And you don't even want to know about the Even Bigger Thing After The Next Thing. You couldn't handle it. It would blow your minds into smithereens.

Khanyth
03-07-2011, 01:53 PM
Yo dawg, I heard you like nerfs.
So we put nerfs on top of your nerfs,
So you cry nerf while you get nerfed...

Whatever.......

I already posted my opinions about these nerfs, plus screenshots about several in-game and out-game converations and all of a sudden.... the cube ate them all.... how convienient.

Obviously, there a Turbine conspiracy that prevents us from knowing the truth about the New Thing. But then again, you'll probably send the cube to eat those too.

Oh, and it's good to see you sent in your stooges to talk about the Next New Thing trying to cover up about the New Thing and how it overpowered the Old Thing and broke the game, but Turbine won't fix it unless you pay TP to do so..... because according to them, it's WAI, yet they don't even know what WAI means much less why WAI or why ask WAI.

Anyways, PM me and I'll send you all the truth about the New Thing.

tgun
03-07-2011, 01:58 PM
This new thing was broken on Lammania and reported but somehow it still went live just as borked as it was during the preview.

mudfud
03-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Yo dawg, I heard you like nerfs.
So we put nerfs on top of your nerfs,
So you cry nerf while you get nerfed...

When you post something like that you also need to put his picture in. (You obviously know whose picture)

Saravis
03-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Forget the new thing! And the next thing! and the old thing! What about the other thing!? We've been promised the other thing since before beta!

Khimberlhyte
03-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Forget the new thing! And the next thing! and the old thing! What about the other thing!? We've been promised the other thing since before beta!
I think that Turbine prefers to avoid talking about the Other Thing anymore. Bad Things happened on Mournlands with it. It also cost the sanity of several developers.

dejafu
03-07-2011, 03:30 PM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5012/5507469980_310f24a5d9.jpg

Which in turn leads to:

dejafu
03-07-2011, 03:56 PM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5096/5507542102_9493823f4f.jpg

Kobold remembers Waterworks....

Tholar
03-07-2011, 04:43 PM
So let me get this right, old thing good, new thing bad.

Therefore we need to cross the old thing with the new thing and create a new new thing???

My brain hurts.

TigrisMorte
03-07-2011, 06:20 PM
Uber gamers are not happy until the game is so hard that everyone quit and DDO dies. They'll be the final people there when the light goes off and they can bask in the glory of...nothing.

Make it fun; make some uber hard stuff for people who like to walk on rusty nails. And then make all the fun stuff for the rest of us. There's always going to be some 12 bazillion plat person with every gear in the game that's going to complain about how 'easy' stuff is. And there's always going to be a permadeather talking about how dumb downed the game is becoming because he haven't died yet. For the 15th time. In one quest.

New things are good. Maybe not always as challenging. But more importantly it's good for a game where people crave new fun things.

Do not cross the chasm Sar. It is there to admire. ;)

Anthios888
03-08-2011, 01:56 AM
Alert!! Dev has posted in this thread!

Must make my invaluable opinion known about This New Thing!

smatt
03-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Wild Thing!

I Think I Love You!

PwnHammer40K
03-08-2011, 12:02 PM
Alert!! Dev has posted in this thread!

Must make my invaluable opinion known about This New Thing!Devs should listen to me more! I am New Blood!! I left WoW for..for..this?! I demand better!!!

daneelthesane1
03-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Since a dev has posted in this thread, I want to take this opportunity to hijack the thread and rant about something completely unrelated.
HOW DARE THE DEVS WORK ON THE NEW THING WHEN THERE IS STILL A PROBLEM WITH THIS OTHER THING THAT IS NEVER AN ACTUAL PROBLEM BUT ONLY A SLIGHT GRAPHICAL GLITCH?!?!?!!?!?!!!plusone!!!!
I am now going to insult the professionalism and heredity of each and every person who works for Turbine because of something that is obviously a graphics card issue on my end, and also throw in something about why they can't balance the game enough to make my Wizard 4/Rogue 2/Monk2/Ranger 12 build just as good as a pure cleric! After showing a complete lack of knowledge in D&D, DDO, computers, and physics, I will then insist that they stop working on the new thing, fix the other thing that is completely unrelated to the new thing, and is obviously something that would even require a completely different discipline in the business of computer games to fix! I will then use the term "devs" to mean "useless gods who can apparently do anything but just choose not to so they can annoy me personally"!

I will now kiss some dev butt about how I like the fact you can stack potions to 100 so they don't boot me from the forums, and to let me pretend that I am not a total d-bag.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sig with some silly quote with no context whatsoever so only I can actually laugh at the joke.

Barthax
03-08-2011, 09:54 PM
And you don't even want to know about the Even Bigger Thing After The Next Thing. You couldn't handle it. It would blow your minds into smithereens.

For Gygax's sake, don't let them bring smithereens into the game - TWF-able, full glancing blow procs and with a 16-20/x5 crit profile, they will replace khopeshes as the ooberweapon!

Philibusta
03-09-2011, 03:15 AM
Devs should listen to me more! I am New Blood!! I left WoW for..for..this?! I demand better!!!

If you left WoW for this, you've obtained "better". :D

pokeoutyoureardrums
03-09-2011, 03:20 AM
ETC

This is the best thread ever (= I am laughing so hard

PresentTense
03-09-2011, 02:53 PM
Aah! The forums! Another new thing I do not like! Make the new things stop!

*cries in the corner and licks a candy cane to make himself feel better*

FlyingTurtle
03-09-2011, 06:50 PM
New thing bad!

Now people will be confused, they will look for the old thing, and find the new thing instead.

Please, turbine, change the forums to the old thing. The new thing is terrible.

bryanmeerkat
03-10-2011, 09:23 AM
New thing is different to old thing . New thing is bad .

TigrisMorte
03-10-2011, 05:28 PM
The new thing is required. If you can't new thing me then reroll 'cause I need new thing so your useless if you don't new thing me.

SlogUK
03-10-2011, 05:54 PM
I just wanted to add to my post this kneejerk reaction. It is not particularly thought through, but I feel it is better to react to something quickly than to work out what I think. And also to say I will be canceling my subscription. Although I won't really cancel my subscription. So you can't have my stuff.

Angel_Barchild
03-10-2011, 06:18 PM
I just wanted to add to my post this kneejerk reaction. It is not particularly thought through, but I feel it is better to react to something quickly than to work out what I think. And also to say I will be canceling my subscription. Although I won't really cancel my subscription. So you can't have my stuff.

Can I have your stuff?

Philibusta
03-11-2011, 04:41 AM
PM me for preview news on the New Secret Thing. And shhhhh....it's so Secret and New and Thing-y that the Devs don't even know about it yet.

Cloista
03-11-2011, 10:21 AM
*unintelligible rant about 'the good old days'*

So about this New Thing, I'm not sure, I think it scares me because it means I have to think instead of go through the motions doing the same thing getting the exact same required old thing over and over. It's all so new and scarey. Hold me.





(+1, awesome thread)

Phemt81
03-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Do you remember when they suggested to add kobold as a playable race? LOL

erikst
03-11-2011, 12:53 PM
thing

Postumus
03-11-2011, 01:04 PM
If the new thing is really the same thing as the old thing, but just presented as a new thing, is it still bad?

Maren_Vond
03-12-2011, 09:34 AM
+1

TheHolyDarkness
03-12-2011, 12:52 PM
I don't like it. What is this new thing (http://lorehound.com/ddo/pax-east-2011-interview-with-ddo-eberron-unlimiteds-fernando-paiz/) that lets you not die after -211 HP? It will break the game. I want it changed before it breaks all our old things for heajlzing.

Stop making new things that simply makes things easier for people and therefore makes old things for some people become dumb things. No one think doing my cleric thing a good thing no more. :(

Also, new house thing? But who will run old house questing now? We won't find grouping no more. Then they'll be more rage quits and DDO will lose moneyz and die. :O

Turn from it nao Turbine! Scrap these new things before it too late!

(Or expect a mass exodus)
~TheHolyDarkness Out~

doubledge
03-20-2011, 09:33 AM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5096/5507542102_9493823f4f.jpg

Kobold Remembers Waterworks....

Lolololol+1

Phemt81
03-26-2011, 08:27 AM
Only seven pages? Short thing :D

bryanmeerkat
03-26-2011, 08:31 AM
Ive done the math on the newthing and it is worse than the old thing .

PwnHammer40K
03-26-2011, 09:51 AM
Ive done the math on the newthing and it is worse than the old thing .
You're wrong. 2+2 does not = 4 anymore. Here's why, 2+2=kumquat. See? Please stop using obsolete information to back your flawed arguments.

Silverleafeon
03-31-2011, 10:31 AM
giggles (+1) and preorders the next thing cause it will better than all things
(with express shipping ~ so I get it before it becomes a new thing and nobody likes it anymore)

Taluron
04-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Wild Thing!

I Think I Love You!

The Wild Thing has been Torpedoed by the Truth and so it's on indefinite hold.

I heard this from a guy who got kick in the shins by a kobold that hated him so I know it's true!

Matuse
04-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Turbine sent us a thing, and WE DID NOT GET IT!

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZWxCxrhaWVyQUwOciRespLXdF0ZpGQ nj5FksG6bqO70YXpxmBrA

Darkzool
04-29-2011, 06:05 PM
I really don't think you will notice a difference. :-/

SynalonEtuul
04-29-2011, 06:06 PM
This damn thread had FINALLY died but NO, someone just had to come and bump it

doubledge
04-29-2011, 09:21 PM
^+1

Ancient
04-29-2011, 09:30 PM
We need a new thread about the newest new thing because the new new thing is newer than the previous new thing which is not quite as new. But no matter what new they do... it's always bad.

doubledge
04-29-2011, 09:55 PM
here we go again...

rocky0
04-29-2011, 10:00 PM
I understand liking the old thing, new things are never good. Just do this, just hang in there for a short while then a new new thing will come along and the new thing will become the old thing and then you can like the new old thing. Of course then eventually there will be a new new thing so then you can really have fun liking the new new old thing.

keep repeatting and you will be happy :)

XaesLiech
04-30-2011, 02:12 PM
I hate the NEW THING. It is BAD because it is to #%{% easy!

NinetyNineTails
05-01-2011, 02:48 AM
I hate the NEW THING. It is BAD because it is to #%{% easy!

I think the New Thing is way too hard and grindy, IMHO. The Old Thing was much more casual-friendly. Now that we have the New Thing, only hardcores with no life will be able to do Things meaningfully.

XaesLiech
05-01-2011, 05:26 AM
I think the New Thing is way too hard and grindy, IMHO. The Old Thing was much more casual-friendly. Now that we have the New Thing, only hardcores with no life will be able to do Things meaningfully.

Not in my experience. At every level range people are going to zerg through quests because there is very little chance to not finish a quest or wipe (haven`t seen a wipe for mmm 3 months now). Unless of course you are a complete newbie, don`t know the game and act stupid.

It´s all way to overpowered and that does not even include the new overpowered items (especially from cc event). It´s not even fun anymore because it`s just ridicoulous... (for example dealing some 130 sneak attack damage on Arraetrikos with the brawling gloves and no rogue lvl or helf dilli feat (yes I know there was a thing called Tharnes googles before this, but atleast you needed some time to get them!!).

I want to become DDO to made this game more difficult please!!! I mean Epic? ha! nothing epic on that..

going to play Taming the flames under lvl now :D

so long..

Templarion
05-02-2011, 07:55 AM
It's never going to die...

mws2970
05-16-2011, 10:31 AM
Bumpity, bump, bump, bump! :P

This new patch coming today will show you all that the new thing is never as good as the old thing! Now git off mah lawn, you danged kids!

Blank_Zero
05-16-2011, 10:34 AM
Bumpity, bump, bump, bump! :P

This new patch coming today will show you all that the new thing is never as good as the old thing! Now git off mah lawn, you danged kids!

I beg you to stop.

Think of the children...

chorsil
05-16-2011, 11:28 AM
...........?!?....uh.....what's the new thing....well old thing now....prolly 05 update old .....? :P

mws2970
05-16-2011, 11:35 AM
I beg you to stop.

Think of the children...

Your begging has been duly noted and totally disregarded. ;)

yawumpus
05-16-2011, 01:07 PM
It's never going to die...

It will die when turbine suddenly starts making good new things. Oh, wait.

Madbadger
05-17-2011, 10:48 PM
You call that an old thing? I was playing D&D before your parents were born, and let me tell you, the Original thing was actually closer to the New thing than your 'Old' thing. Of course, you needed minifigs and hex maps, measuring tapes and sliderules to do it right. Dang computers these days have spoiled people - nobody has time to do the Original thing properly anymore - and we had to do it for 6 miles in the snow! Uphill both ways! IF WE WERE LUCKY!

ericrd
09-06-2011, 12:07 AM
its almost time for this thread again 1 more week :)

katz
09-06-2011, 06:54 AM
lol! a worthy necro. please mods don't lock this thread. it is full of win and awesome

Templarion
09-06-2011, 07:02 AM
Hey! Did you hear they have this new thing in the new patch?

1) It's different than the old thing.
2) It's new.
3) And we don't like it, right?

So it's like the new thing that was mentioned before in this thread. Are we talking about the same new thing?

I think we are. Please, remove that new thing!
Can we have a patch with only old things please?!

PS. Maybe you could patch the game with an old patch? That would be fantastic!

9Crows
09-06-2011, 10:35 AM
a timeless thread :)

ericrd
09-06-2011, 01:06 PM
This New Thing Is Bad It Made Me Think And Gave Me A Headache Nerf It Naow!

KreepyKritter
09-06-2011, 07:50 PM
I just wish they had told us about the new way of getting the new thing before they put it in.

The new thing is good, but not hearing about the new thing from a dev makes me angry.

Can the next new thing not be like this new thing? I like to know about new things before they become REALLY new things.

adamkatt
09-12-2011, 05:10 PM
Ok I have been playing DDO since God was a baby, and before that I was playing PnP even before Gary Gygax was born. It's always been a source of fun and joy for me, and when I joined this game I thought at the time it was my home. But then they brought this new thing into the game. This new thing is going to completely break the game! In the past I used to do it in the old way, and that was fine. I did it like that, I was fine, and nothing ever went wrong. But then there was this new thing! WHY?

There are many reasons why this new thing will break the game.

1: The equipment we farmed will have different value now.
2: The work we did will be easier or harder for subsequent people to do.
3: It is different.
4: It is not the same as it was before.
5: The way it was before is how I want it to remain.
6: It is new.
7: I don't like it.

With all of these factors in mind - and these are just the ones that come to me now, I would like to put forward a petition. Please, please can we stop this new thing now? And in the meantime can I also tell you how qualified I am not to like this new thing. I did that old thing a lot. I was better than anyone in the world at that old thing. I am the master of that old thing. The only master. This is not the reason I dislike this new thing, though. I am the master of this new thing too. Oh no don't get me wrong, I am better at this new thing than any of you, ever, and have been since before I was born. But that old thing was better, and this new thing is bad and wrong.

Please Devs - take notice of my cries. This new thing is going to make this game into a different game from how it was before. This cannot be allowed to happen. Stop now. You will listen to me, Devs, because we are close personal friends. I have known you all for years. We used to do that old thing together every tuesday lunchtime. One time you said to me, "Slog I will always warn you before I change anything so you can veto it if you don't like it." Well, you didn't. You went behind my back.

Anyway, I am not complaining. I just want to make it perfectly clear that I am oober, this new thing is bad, and that old thing is the only way that anything should be done.

Why does this remind me of the This and That Jerry and Elaine talk? :P

9Crows
09-19-2011, 04:41 AM
some of these new things that are old things are really bad. many old things that were gone are back as new things that are worse than the old things .maybe when they fix the old bad things that came back as new bad things the other new things will look extra shiny

Templarion
11-11-2011, 05:35 AM
Time to raise the thread, after reading all that cry and complaining.

Why it just have to happen every time? First, people wait the new patch in anticipation. When it's launched, there is always a certain amount of people who complain. Soon we start to wait for the next patch, so we can complain about it, too... of course after it is launched...

*sigh*

Anyway, welcome back "This New Thing - It is bad!". :D

DustTheWind
11-14-2011, 12:55 AM
Now these things which you name.

"(You will see something new.
Two things. And I call them
Thing One and Thing Two.)" -Cat in the Hat

No, these things are not bad things.
These things are good things!

"(These Things will not bite you.
They want to have fun."
Then, out of the box
Came Thing Two and Thing One!
And they ran to us fast.
They said. "How do you do?
Would you like to shake hands
With Thing One and Thing Two?")"-Cat in the Hat

So have no fear of this these things my dear.
These things will be fun.
who go by the name.
of Thing 2 and Thing 1.

:D

I couldn't resist.

roryk27
11-14-2011, 01:10 AM
Why is this thread not in the Hall of Fame?

Orratti
11-14-2011, 01:32 AM
Tomorrow the new thing will be the old thing and we will mourn the loss of the old thing as we condemn the new thing once again.

ericrd
03-27-2012, 02:44 AM
This new thing is so bad it makes the old bad things seem like like good things

Mad_ScientistsNH
03-27-2012, 08:26 AM
This thread needs to be in the hall of fame.

As for the New New Thing, it's so much worse than the Old New/ New Old Thing than it makes me want to barf and pray to Gygax for the Old Old Thing. Those of you who love the New Old Thing and swear by it never realize how bad you had it.

Expalphalog
03-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Cliched wizard with pointy hat doing something in/near a graveyard accompanied by text that is neither funny nor clever but is laid out in a fashion reminiscent of a motivational poster and therefore will make you chuckle anyway

I work in the computer industry in some capacity where I hold a totally vague and ambiguous title; therefore, I am an unequalled expert on all things technical and anything I say should be taken as concrete fact.

I do not want this New Thing because it is taking development time and resources away from Another Thing. Even though anyone who actually knows anything about video game development would know that these two things are completely unrelated and likely even presided over by different departments with their own separate budgets, I refer you again to my ambiguous title and unequalled expertness.

SlogUK
05-24-2012, 02:32 PM
Having taken an extended gamebreak I am playing again and I just took the time to read all the responses to this thread. Honestly you people have made me laugh SO MUCH and SO HARD for SO LONG that I am not sure if I will ever be able to think straight again EVER.

Damn this community is awesome.

drathdragon
05-25-2012, 06:31 AM
Can someone EXPLAIN me well THE REASON why they continually nerf, change, suppress, reduce, block
this game ?

the most frustrating, hate, horrid, annyoing thing that a developer can do is what they do every time: to block the player.

why they didn't fix other important things instead of doing this silly nerfing ?

very very disappointed and shocked

grayham
05-25-2012, 06:43 AM
I love this thread. So true, particularly now.

TheHolyDarkness
05-27-2012, 07:13 PM
Frankly, I can't stand this next thing.

Or the old thing either!

I want Another Thing or I'm out.

~TheHolyDarkness Out on Protest, Until I Get My Things~

Habreno
08-13-2012, 12:23 PM
/death to New Thing.

9Crows
03-16-2013, 02:41 PM
necroed because this thread is eternally awesome ....and there have been new things added and old things have changed...auuggghhhh :)

bartharok
03-17-2013, 08:19 AM
Didnt everybody teel the devs on lam that the new thing is bad, because the old thing was awesome, even if nobody did the old thing. But it was so much better than the new thing that noone will do, because it was the old thing.

keveniaftw
03-17-2013, 08:36 AM
The problem with the new thing is that there are things that aren't WAI, with the old thing there ware things that aren't WAI either, but we already learned ourselves how to exploit em. And with the new thing, the old thing can't be exploited anymore, while the new thing didn't give us obvious exploits. Maybe there are, but we'll still have to seek em.

AzB
03-17-2013, 09:45 AM
Wait. By "thing"are you refering to content or bugs?

Classic post. Should definitely be in the hall of fame.

bartharok
03-17-2013, 09:59 AM
Wait. By "thing"are you refering to content or bugs?

Classic post. Should definitely be in the hall of fame.

Every new thins brings bugs, no matter that the bugs in the old thing go away, since the old bugs were better. The new bugs are bad, because they are new, and i cant exploit them. All bugs should go, unless they are old bugs i can exploit.

ericrd
08-19-2013, 11:34 PM
And the thread shall RISE

ericrd
08-20-2013, 03:31 AM
well with how quickly this classic thread got buried,people seem to think that the current new thing is redefineing bad

Cordovan
08-20-2013, 07:31 AM
Wait. By "thing"are you refering to content or bugs?

Classic post. Should definitely be in the hall of fame.

A true oversight. Corrected!

IMaraudU
08-20-2013, 08:48 AM
I thinks its funny how the New Thing keeps picking on monks.

Eric_the_Dead
08-20-2013, 11:29 AM
Do you like the New Thing? -----> Yes ----> You're a Turbine Fanboi, Loser

|
|
|
|
\/

No

|
|
|
|
\/

Would you like some cheese
with your whine, Loser?

Stormblade721
08-21-2013, 08:17 AM
I thinks its funny how the New Thing keeps picking on monks.

You think that's bad, you should see what the wild THINGs do........................

Akristorn
08-21-2013, 09:51 AM
OP, take it easy, man. I'm aware that you're not a fan of the New Thing, but you need to see it from Turbine's business perspective. The Old Thing, while it was closer to PnP rules, it didn't really have a place in DDO:EU. Stick around for a little bit, you'll see that you'll forget that the New Thing is even there after couple months. Personally I think you're just blowing off steam about the New Thing, but think how many times didn't you curse the Old Thing because it didn't do exactly what you thought it was supposed to do.


i disagree. i have several PALADINS. i have spent 4 YEARS gearing them tring some.. getting moar xp.. farming moar.. ed farm.. moar gear bc the new thing made the old thing not new anymore and subsequently all my old things were not new and moar shinies is the #1 rule. so now all that work and time just got eaten by a legendary unique variant of a tarrasque and shat out on horoths plate while kobolds ran around yelling INFERNO! INFERNO!. meanwhile jeets was stealing all my citw relics and comms so after 10 runs with jack shizzle the raid shall die and fizzle, i decided EE FoT was better. up to 34 comps now on thelanis with guild. elminster was out on a date with the mistress of magic so he couldnt do anything but tp in to the end and pretend he helped out. after which coyle and arlos could be seen trying to make bacon into peanutbutter and vice versa. with no luck bc they didnt have the new old thing that was known as +5 shards of HOLY CRUD *** DID YOU DO TO MY PALADINS! so in memoriam lets all please have a moment of silence for the balance build paladin and say hello to the new thing(forced S&B palli) which hath replaced the old thing which we shall whine and complain about then accept because you really dont have a choice, so eat it and like it . if not you shall get moar new things which make the current thing the old thing. which i liked and had spent 2 years getting to know and now it just got sent to a foster home that has no a/c in the desert. turbines new motto? ALL YOUR BACON IS BELONG TO US! now give us moar money so we can release moar bugs to ban you for exploiting..although i have heard that they upgraded from hamsters to guinea pigs so thats good.

Akristorn
08-21-2013, 09:37 PM
If you left WoW for this, you've obtained "better". :D

you sir deserve rep.. but im all out :(.. amen to that^

Melange
08-22-2013, 03:47 PM
Bad news...
While trying to fix a bug in the new thing I may have accidentally deleted the old thing. Yikes...

Varinox
08-22-2013, 05:31 PM
Bad news...
While trying to fix a bug in the new thing I may have accidentally deleted the old thing. Yikes...

Ahah! That explains the mysterious <String table error> Item in my shared bank!!!!!

Astarii
08-22-2013, 08:22 PM
So are we ever gonna get a newer thing like the old thing?

Meetch1972
08-23-2013, 12:03 AM
Hey devs, I fully expect you to have backups of the old thing. Can't you just restore them over the top of the new thing?

When the old thing is back, let me know so I can check - it's been so long since I used it that I probably won't remember it, as the new thing has been around for so long now, and even though I'm finally uber at it, and I can barely remember what the old thing did any more, it's still an important thing that we need and should never have been changed.

Plsplsplspls fixit proper to the old thing.

Natashaelle
08-23-2013, 02:24 AM
I never liked the old thing in the first place.

Bring back the even older thing !!!

DnDo-Lemau
08-23-2013, 04:55 AM
And the thread shall RISE

Damn, I just snorted hot chocolate through my nose. Well played sir. I'd +1 you but since I started at page 1 I have long since run out of kudos to hand out for the day. XD

Down with the New Thing! My Old Thing item has long since lost value and my Dragonmarked Halfling Monk (tm) is only slightly more OP now. I completely hate the New Thing!

QuantumFX
08-23-2013, 11:41 AM
This thing, is not new:

Bad news...
While trying to fix a bug in the new thing I may have accidentally deleted the old thing. Yikes...

SisAmethyst
08-23-2013, 02:27 PM
This thing, is not new:

Actually in which state versus new Thing and old Thing are we?

I mean did Melange delete the old Thing that was yesterday the new Thing, or an even older Thing that was already old before yesterdays Thing became new, I mean old, I mean... dazzled ... I guess I will have to look forward for an even newer Thing ...

Brandwynn
08-23-2013, 06:13 PM
As I am a casual player....

I find the new thing not much to my liking.. I liked the old thing even as I grief about the old thing..

Playing free does not mean that I should not have any opinion. Dev bring back the old thing NOW! Or I just might have to sub.. Then watch out I might even join a guild.. Do raids.. Is that still possible??

Ok lets not get crazy.. No raids.. maybe

But, really, I want the old thing back.. I have toons that go back at least a year or three. I have diligently grinded out in the odd moments when I actually could geek out for an hour or so. All to get a few more XP. Lonely times I tell you. No mates by my side. But I did it. To achieve a 7th level thief in under two years. This new thing must end.. Bring back the old thing.. Or I will Sub.. You Have Been Warned.....

Madja
08-24-2013, 10:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpSeMIE361g

I don't care much for the New Thing... It hurts!

gryphonxxxxii
08-25-2013, 11:38 PM
Did anyone ever get that "thing" I sent you?

Recolitus
08-29-2013, 08:46 AM
Finally got new thing on my druid, but I think it is bugged....
This new material "Thingamebob", is it an acceptable material for druids, seems to disappear at randoms times?
I grab new thing and swing it around then *pop* new thing vanishes, then just a suddenly new thing returns, what gives?



Edit: found out new thing is extremely sensitive to cold, best not to have new thing out when in winter season.

Gljosh
08-29-2013, 12:05 PM
I was all over the "New Thing" when it was on Lammania. The "New thing" now is too mainstream it is the "Old Thing".

NaturalHazard
08-30-2013, 03:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpSeMIE361g

I don't care much for the New Thing... It hurts!

white people are weird...............

Hafeal
01-04-2016, 12:21 PM
Sometimes, a certain thread just need s a bump.

Bump.

:cool: