PDA

View Full Version : /time

FuzzyDuck81
03-02-2011, 06:48 AM
Pretty straightforward, to save the hassle with GMT, summer time etc. relating to the announcements about event start/end times that are always given in that localised timezone, maybe add a /time command which will give the current server time? Can't imagine it'd be too hard to add.

jurzey
03-02-2011, 06:50 AM
AGREED! I just don't have a clock in my office so i alt-tab to get the time.

Having an in game command would be awesome!

coolpenguin410
03-02-2011, 06:51 AM
/signed

Robai
03-02-2011, 07:30 AM
/signed

Bodic
03-02-2011, 07:37 AM
IF you have a G19 keyboard you can place a digital clock on the window in a quick press of a button if you actually use the window or just leave it there all the time.

jurzey
03-02-2011, 07:39 AM
IF you have a G19 keyboard you can place a digital clock on the window in a quick press of a button if you actually use the window or just leave it there all the time.

If i wanted to change something in my own life i would by a clock.

I want the devs to do my work for me. =)

FuzzyDuck81
03-02-2011, 05:04 PM
To clarify, the idea was not so much for a players local time, but SERVER time, as whenever a timed event is listed as starting/finishing its always given as eg "10am EST GMT-5" which combined with daylight savings can be a muddle to figure out if you live in uk where half the time GMT is just "look at your clock, numpty" (though with recent talks about introducing european time which will be different again *sigh* that could be even more confusing) let alone people that play who are based in all the other countries... maybe if the /time gave as a result something along the lines of:

server time: 10:17 - player system time 15:17

LookingForABentoBox
03-02-2011, 05:06 PM

Also, if you check the time and keep a metronome nearby to count the seconds you won't need a clock until the metronome stops clicking. .... So what?

fco-karatekid
03-02-2011, 05:08 PM
/signed

jurzey
03-04-2011, 08:12 AM
To clarify, the idea was not so much for a players local time, but SERVER time, as whenever a timed event is listed as starting/finishing its always given as eg "10am EST GMT-5" which combined with daylight savings can be a muddle to figure out if you live in uk where half the time GMT is just "look at your clock, numpty" (though with recent talks about introducing european time which will be different again *sigh* that could be even more confusing) let alone people that play who are based in all the other countries... maybe if the /time gave as a result something along the lines of:

server time: 10:17 - player system time 15:17

I agree, it should be server time. But i live in EST. Win-Win

mws2970
03-04-2011, 08:16 AM
OP, this is an excellent suggestion.

/signed

Zharfie
03-04-2011, 08:24 AM
To be honest, it wouldn't be too hard to make it adjust the time in the announcement to local time depending on local computer settings... but yes this is an easy way out for that... I'd also like to see server time on the forum/web pages in real time...

an excellent site though: http://time.is

anyway, /signed

xxHazexx
03-04-2011, 05:10 PM
/Signed