PDA

View Full Version : Keep Smuggler's Rest!!

ZeroStar
03-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Dear DDO dudes,

I have very much enjoyed the recent birthday bash. It was a total blast!

I started in ddo with Korthos as the training area and this was my first look at Smugglers rest. I love the terrian (as a ranger that's what I do, explore), the fog, also loved how pirates wouldn't attack you, you had to find the enemies yourself. Which is a challenge! I found myself wondering at some point if there was an 'attract enemies' potion so I didn't have to go looking for the wee buggers. It was a nice twist.

The only suggestion I would make, make the whole island walkable on the shoreline like Ataraxia.

Please keep this as a quest area. Please!!

Thanks!!!

- Zero

NeutronStar
03-01-2011, 01:21 PM
Nm

ZeroStar
03-02-2011, 02:20 AM
Nevermind what?

NeutronStar
03-02-2011, 11:31 AM
My first reply did not reference your post properly so I removed it.

Waldmann
03-02-2011, 03:51 PM
I also had a blast on the island. Thanks so much. However, I woke today to find myself with still plenty of Doubloons left over, not to mention compasses.
Anywhere where I could exchange the doubloons for gold to use in the marketplaces would be really helpful.
Thanks again.

Dear DDO dudes,

I started in ddo with Korthos as the training area and this was my first look at Smugglers rest. I love the terrian (as a ranger that's what I do, explore), the fog, also loved how pirates wouldn't attack you, you had to find the enemies yourself. Which is a challenge! I found myself wondering at some point if there was an 'attract enemies' potion so I didn't have to go looking for the wee buggers. It was a nice twist.

The only suggestion I would make, make the whole island walkable on the shoreline like Ataraxia.

Thanks!!!

- Zero

Saaluta
03-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Put your leftover doubloons in a collectible bag and forget about them for a few months, I'm sure the Cove and Island will be back at a later date, and you will be able to use them then :)

Saal :)

Raiderone
03-02-2011, 04:06 PM
I think they'll use Smugglers Rest and the Crystal Cove for future updates.

Why not especially since it's instanced. The Crystal Cove is already in a quest format.

Add a couple of more objectives like dont let certain amount of kobolds die or fail the quest.

You have multiple named Monsters. Just need chests and specific named items to drop.

I doubt it would be a Raid.

Kahuna68
03-02-2011, 04:20 PM

This was everyone's first look at Smuggler's Rest. It's never been available before. :D Also, for future reference, you didn't really need to go looking for the enemies. If you stood still for a bit, in an empty area, enemies would spawn nearby. They would also be in your level range. So if you ever found yourself getting killed very quick, it was due to the enemies being spawned by high level characters. The out of the way corners were nice. :)

ssgcmwatson
03-02-2011, 07:47 PM
It was quite a bit of fun, but if you bring it back please add a banker!

SardaofChaos
03-02-2011, 08:01 PM
This was everyone's first look at Smuggler's Rest. It's never been available before. :D

Only technically true, Smuggler's Rest was actually the original training area. Of course, it used to look like this
http://ddowiki.com/images/Citymap_SmugglersRest.jpg
so the rest of the island is indeed new. But the dock area is largely the same thing that players used to look at when creating new characters.

uhgungawa
03-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Nm

Nevermind what?

Did you make a second account just to talk to yourself ;)

Soljargon
03-02-2011, 11:23 PM
Dear DDO dudes,

Thanks!!!

- Zero

Yes, that is definitely a zone which should be changed and made permanent. Make it a slayer zone and add some extra quests.

soulaeon
03-03-2011, 10:28 AM
Guys, read the newsletters or Facebook updates.
The developers have stated that future updates will including crafting and instance scaling similar to Smuggler's Rest. This event will likely repeat, too.

Yuesu
03-03-2011, 12:34 PM
I had this is a different post but I think I was in the wrong forum, so...

Smugglers Rest;
Turn this into an explorer area leaving trash MOB spawning as is. (tiered to what level PPL spawns the MOBs)

Add Rare Names that spawn in different areas of the “Rest”

Have instance settings (1 to 12 players grouping) just like any other explorer area as well as give an option to open this up to a PVP environment. It would fit the theme of the area as well as give the player base a chance to really have some fun in an open environment with PPL and MOBs in the same setting. Options to be “Change party to Raid group PVE” or “Change party to Raid group PVP” Restrict the switching of the group to only be able to do so when all members are in the tavern.

Give XP at 10, 25, 50, 100, etc just like any other explorer area. Add a “Party Member Kill Count” as well, but with no xp granted of course. :D

Break the turn in map into several pieces similar to the Orchard collectables and have each of the Rare Named MOBs to have one piece of the map.

Make the compass a rare drop or purchased in the store (since it is already set up this way) ;)

Crystal Cove
Entrance into the “Crystal Cove” requires a complete map and a compass for one 20 minute run. Leave the instance a mandatory 20 minute run, but add another challenge to the quest “Protect all the Kobold Miners” If completed you would retain your map but lose the compass.

Remove the “Hat Box” since it was part of the Anniversary gift.

Leave the “Barter Box” crafting system as is.

I personally love this event. Not so much the gear (even thought it was nice) but the completely different feel of the quest. Knowing that it’s been closed leaves me a little disinherited. I haven’t enjoyed many of the new “Updates” over the past year nearly as much as I did this 5 day event.

Thank you Turbine

/discuss

ZeroStar
03-07-2011, 02:59 AM
I'm glad to see that others also enjoyed this area. I'd love to see something like this for all the islands of the stormreach coast.