PDA

View Full Version : Are ghost touch weapons worth anything?

somenewnoob
03-01-2011, 09:43 AM
I found a +1 ghost touch longbow of deception, are these any good? Was maybe going to keep it since I don't have any GT weapons right now, but couldn't find an item on the AH like it for sale to see if it was valuable.

thwart
03-01-2011, 09:45 AM
I try to keep a ghost touch weapon on hand. At low levels it can be difficult to kill a wraith or specter without one. That said, a ghost touch bow wouldn't do anything for me. Ranged combat isn't all that great and I would rather beat the snot out of a wraith with ghost touch melee weapon. (If they have snot.)

tihocan
03-01-2011, 09:48 AM
Depends on the weapon, ML, and other bonuses.
A bow is a bad GT weapon at low level, mostly due to the crappy firing rate. Deception increases ML with no benefit. So that one's rather worthless.
ML4-6 melee GT of Pure good / [lesser] undead bane are the most sought after on lowbies.

t0r012
03-01-2011, 09:50 AM
GT with a good suffix are great. (pure good, undead bane)

yours doesn't have a good suffix, so it is just a cheap throw away. Use it till you find something better against incorps. if you are fighting lots of incorps GT is the highest damage prefix you can get (unless you are a HoTD pally) as it adds 50% to your damage against them vs not having it.
my first broke monk ran with GT of backstab handwraps for a long time as they were better than not having GT and i couldn't afford better.

your GT is vendor trash.

somenewnoob
03-01-2011, 09:52 AM
Depends on the weapon, ML, and other bonuses.
A bow is a bad GT weapon at low level, mostly due to the crappy firing rate. Deception increases ML with no benefit. So that one's rather worthless.
ML4-6 melee GT of Pure good / [lesser] undead bane are the most sought after on lowbies.

I figured the deception was a bad thing to have.

I'll probably just sell it to a vendor, I'd probably kill something faster with melee even w/o GT weapon.

voodoogroves
03-01-2011, 09:55 AM
Builds will either have ghost touch granted by some item (Spectral Gloves, Mabar Cloak) or will carry some GT weapon around. Good GT would be Ghost Touch of Pure Good, Ghost Touch of Whatever Undead Bane, Ghost Touch of Disruption.

Bodic
03-01-2011, 09:58 AM
a ghost touched (insert blunt/slash weapon here) of undead bane,pure good, disruption

is a quality weapon peircing GT not so much but they will do better than non GT

lets say the best quality is a Ghost Touched Silver (Blunt/Slash) of Disruption

sheepface
03-01-2011, 10:01 AM
Unless that is your weapon of choice, no.

SaneDitto
03-01-2011, 12:37 PM
The second best weapon to whack incorporeals is Phase Hammer, a +3 Ghost Touch Adamantine Maul of Incorporeal Bane (ghost-exclusive Greater Undead Bane). Unfortunately, getting it means going through incorporeal-infested Necropolis 2.

Frankly, bows are the worst Ghost Touch weapons because they have a low rate of fire and ghosts love to disappear and reappear in melee range. Use a melee weapon instead.

I'd say a Ghost Touch Flametouched Iron <foo> of Greater Undead Bane would be a good all-around undead whacker to get.