PDA

View Full Version : Small suggestiong for Cove event

andreascott89
02-28-2011, 03:15 PM
Add a banker to the town area please.

It is a small thing, but would have made things much more enjoyable for me. Given all of the currency and items were BtA (except the hat), I often wanted to pass things from alt to alt using the account bank.

Running a character to the harbor to deposit something, running another to harbor to pick it up, and then running back to the cove was a bit of a hassle.

Like I said, not a huge thing, but something to consider that would add to the event imo.

G

donfilibuster
02-28-2011, 05:50 PM
Um, i'm not sure i want a banker in the island with all those pirates on the loose eh :D

Lornman
02-28-2011, 05:59 PM
Um, i'm not sure i want a banker in the island with all those pirates on the loose eh :D

Lol, this is true!

zed1
02-28-2011, 06:11 PM
/signed
I have worn out a path up the ramp in the harbor to the banker.

I complained about this to the group I was in last night, and someone offered a novel suggestion: use leftover hot cocoa from the Risia event to teleport to the harbormaster's house. Too bad I didn't stock up.

PhotoRob
02-28-2011, 06:28 PM
[...]
Given all of the currency and items were BtA (except the hat),
[...]

All that stuff is bound to account? Great.

I'm bored with it all after just a few hours, and nowhere near enough dubloons or gems to get anything, never mind upgrade it. I was planning on heading over this evening and giving it all away to the first person I saw. Now I'm stuck with a bunch of useless c-r-a-p clogging up my inventory unless I want to just trash it.

Great move, Turbine, really great move.

Edit: You're kidding me... that word is censored?

AmiSouthpaw
02-28-2011, 06:40 PM
/signed

I agree a banker and even a mailbox would've been great addition, though this is not my only issue with a event that could ahve been so much better. First off i found it almost impossible to get the lower level gems but got tons of the other gems pyrites and alabasters were just to rare on a lvl 17 wizard and dont get me started on me running the level 4 and 5 on my wiz to get hthem as they didnt drop a single one all i got for my trouble was a waste of my components oO. Loved the event but could have made the gems drop on all levels. I ended up createing a lvl 4 toon that became lvl 5 just running the cove. It would have been really great to have a way to use doubloons to get teh gems we needed like could for the compass or even take out higher gems and downgrade them for teh lower ones. Still like the event but gave up on it quick as it became a hassle to get the items i needed to even get the first gear aka the plate, leather and several of the trinkets.

Now i forsee those sayign they didnt have issues getting the gems but i can about guess they have a low level toon they farmed them on regardless of the fact

donfilibuster
02-28-2011, 07:44 PM
Um, maybe u guys doing it wrong on getting gems, dubs and plat.
One just do the island to get dubs for the first compass, and that's it (unlike mabar).
Then do coves, as many as u can do, and they aren't exactly boring even soloing (pick a level that gives u an easy time).

On the cove you get lots of gems, granted you only get pyrite for lv 4, but lv 17+ surely need not bother and stick to LV 20 gear.
This lv 20 gear u can buy straight off the bat, no need to upgrade it step by step (again, unlike mabar).
Still, a brand new vet status toon can solo the cove for pyrite nicely and fast.
For most things you need to actually do the kobolds puzzle to get green shards, but otherwise you can leave them to their fates and do a gem-only run.

Gems, which you should have a boatload of them, can be turned into dubs in the barter box.
You use these to buy new compass and stuff you can vendor for plat.
Naturally it will take dozens of trips to the guild vendor, which is precisely why people is wanting a bank on the island.

PCSwarrior
02-28-2011, 07:51 PM
/signed

I was going to post this as a suggestion myself, but you beat me to it ;)