PDA

View Full Version : Keep the birthday event

LeoLionxxx
02-28-2011, 10:36 AM
I believe that the smuggler's rest/crystal cove events should stick around. After all, people at Turbine spent hours, maybe even days or weeks developing those areas. It would be a shame to just have them go.
They should stick around permanently, but maybe not nearly as accessible as before. They could make the place P2P to either all players or ones that are created after the event. Or maybe you need a pirate hat to go there, the possibility are endless.
Upgrading the hat should stay also. As people advance in level, they will not want to part with their special hat; and if they use a heart of wood to true reincarnate, the hat may be too high of level.

Doganpc
02-28-2011, 10:47 AM
I expect it to make the rotation like Risia... look up talk like a pirate day, in the past it used to be a hat sale now its an event :)

Dogan
Arrrrighty.

shameofthenation
02-28-2011, 10:48 AM
I believe that the smuggler's rest/crystal cove events should stick around. After all, people at Turbine spent hours, maybe even days or weeks developing those areas. It would be a shame to just have them go.
They should stick around permanently, but maybe not nearly as accessible as before. They could make the place P2P to either all players or ones that are created after the event. Or maybe you need a pirate hat to go there, the possibility are endless.
Upgrading the hat should stay also. As people advance in level, they will not want to part with their special hat; and if they use a heart of wood to true reincarnate, the hat may be too high of level.

the mabar event came and went past halloween and through thanksgiving , so i expect this one to also .

Cairo
02-28-2011, 10:58 AM
I agree.. to a point. After the event is over, open it up full-time, but this time, you can't upgrade items to T3, and remove the Dowsing Rods entirely.

That way, people who missed the event (new players and low level players) can still get some cool items, but ONLY those tho were here celebrating the 5th birthday have their T3's