PDA

View Full Version : A race I'm suprised to see has not been suggested

Failedlegend
02-28-2011, 12:22 AM
Hey guys I've recently been getting back into PnP (for about the last 6 months) I've been playing 4e mostly because nobody in my area seems to play 3.5 and I've got to say one of my favorite races to play as a caster is Genasi (even if the stat bonuses don't always line up that well +2 Str/Int in 4e...in 3.5 each element is differen..for DDO I'd say +2 INt would be best) especially for flavor reasons (ie. A Storm-soul Genasi using primarily thunder/lightning based spells) and also for an interesting ability all Genasi have.

Elemental Empowerment: When casting an spell that's considered cold, fire, lightning, thunder, acid or earth-based that deals damage (IOW words spells like charm wouldn't add damage to it) you add your strength modifier to Damage. 4e added Psychic and Poison to this but this is a 3.5 game so we can ignore that :D (i personally don't think it fits anyways)

So between that ability (which I personally change a bit so it only applies to your Genasi's Innate element but that's just a house rule) and the immense flavor of having a caster that's essentially an Elemental would be really cool and could give the current caster kings WF & Humans/H-Elves a run for their money without being to OP (WF would still be the sturdiest, Humans/H-Elves would be the middle ground and Genasi would just be the Blasters).

I'm thinking that depending on the element you choose you could get a different racial bonus to skills (ie. Air = +10 to Jump, small bonus to speed,featherfall or dare I say it Fly :P [something similar to the PM wraith could work] or Earth +10 Balance, some innate DR, poison immune)

Note: IIRC in 3.5 they also have an innate resistance (which scales as the level) to their chosen element....please correct me if I'm wrong its been a while.

Also it doesn't hurt that the Genasi are very appealing visually.

Edit: A note to devs - Don't make this a Drow-like race...actually NEVER limit a race to 28pt again (actually you really should remove that from them)...just give Genasi +2 Int, -2 Dex, Str or Wis (or make it variable depending on element...+2 X, -2 X)

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/Monster2_gallery/46.jpg

dodger72
02-28-2011, 07:57 AM
/signed

Failedlegend
02-28-2011, 06:10 PM
No one?

pie2655
02-28-2011, 06:22 PM
/signed
I love playing casters and this sound awesome! Could u give us any more info?

bigolbear
02-28-2011, 06:26 PM
genesai aint bad i admit - but id prefer it kept more eberon and theres core eberon races still mising. Im honestly not sure genesai exist in eberon - or if they did how they work and what planes (moons) they would be associated with. Im guessing fernia (fire), risia(ice) and lamania(air and earth).

Before genesai - and their alignment based ocunterparts asimar and tieflings id like to see some more eberon stuff.

gnomes, kalashtar and shifters.

oh and kobolds, hob goblins and bugbears as playable races too - long live the great dakahni empire!

and druids..still waiting on the druids.

Aeolwind
02-28-2011, 06:28 PM
Half genie, half human and IIRC overpowered enough to make cambions go "Uhm, that is a PLAYER race? Dude..."

Workable in $th probably, but I actually hit a player when he asked if he could play one; in the face, with his own PHB, in a Realms campaign.

Chai
02-28-2011, 06:48 PM
I prefer if they would do the more conventional races first. Where mah gnomes at?

azrael4h
02-28-2011, 06:51 PM
I prefer if they would do the more conventional races first. Where mah gnomes at?

They are currently at the BBQ. AS the BBQ.

Bodic
02-28-2011, 06:52 PM
I think as far as Race types are concerned the greater mind will want Gnome as they are the Only core race not available.

As well the other core races in Eberron would be nice that cant be of Evil only alignments.

doubledge
02-28-2011, 06:56 PM
several threads have been started about kobolds, and they need to be implemented, or else there is a chance some VIPS will *gasp* stop paying money to turbine

(that will get thier attention.)

Yellfor
02-28-2011, 07:08 PM
g......

oh and kobolds, hob goblins and bugbears as playable races too -

Gnomes -aeh maybe, depends on how whether they would be TOO similar to half lings .... or not.
Kalashtar - NO just NO! (Mind U I know LOTS of ppl LOVE to play them. BUT NO!!! @#$%#$% Psionics) :mad::mad::mad:
Shifters - Now that's an interesting idea .. I think having Druids with their animal shape ability would be "close" to the same thing.... And allowing the Devs to "experiment" with Druids shape changing before Shifters would be much better.
Hobgoblins - Too much like HalfOrc.:p
Bugbears - Mmaayybbee... I would wonder if they again are just too close to HalfOrc. Although the graphics on them MIGHT look cool. :rolleyes:

KOBOLDS - YES YES OMG YES!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::rolleyes:

shortdevils
02-28-2011, 07:08 PM
To be honest , i am not to eager to see the gnome. I am no expert but it doesnt seem they will add much to the game . They will be the third race with +2 con...yeah boring. The only reason i see people asking for them is cos they are a core race not beacause of any special bonuses.
These guys on the other hand may make some nifty battle casters.

EDIT. They get extra points for looking cool.

Failedlegend
02-28-2011, 07:09 PM
/signed
I love playing casters and this sound awesome! Could u give us any more info?

This is the base info from 3.5 of the standard Genasi (theirs a few other variations)

Racial Traits (3.5)

Air Genasi

* +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution: Air genasi are remarkably swift and agile but are frailer than humans.
* "Type::Humanoid" "Subtype::Human": Air genasi are human at their core but their wind elemental ancestry runs strong. They do not gain a fly speed do to their air subtype.
* "Size::Medium": As medium creatures air genasi have no particular advantages or disadvantages due to size.
* Air genasi base land speed is 30 feet.
* Blood of Air (Su): Air genasi are treated as thought they have the "Air" subtype for the purposes of spells and feats.
* Wind's Guardian (Su): A eternal wind seems to surround and protect air genasi, any ranged attack aimed at a air genasi has a (the air genasi's dexterity + half the air genasi's level)% chance to be deflected harmlessly.
* Winds Dance (Su) Once per encounter as a free action a air genasi can call upon the wind to increases their speed, gaining a 10 ft. bonus to their land speed for one round. They cannot use this ability while in a windless area.
* Wind Dependency (Su) Air genasi are ill at rest when they are beyond the winds pull. While in a place without wind (such as underground or a well sealed fortress) air genasi are not only incapable of recovering hit points naturally but also take a -1 penalty to all rolls and the DCs of all if their abilities are reduced by 1.
* Automatic Languages: Common, Auran. Bonus Languages: Any.
* Favored Class: Any.
* Level Adjustment: +0
* Effective Character Level: 1

Earth Genasi

* +2 Strength, -2 Dexterity: Earth genasi are extremely strong but a rather clumsy.
* "Type::Humanoid" "Subtype::Human": Earth genasi are essentially human but the land runs in their veins.
* "Size::Medium": As medium creatures earth genasi have no particular advantages or disadvantages due to size.
* Earth genasi base land speed is 20 feet.
* Blood of Earth (Su): Earth genasi are treated as thought they have the "Earth" subtype for the purposes of spells and feats.
* Earth's Endurance (Su): Earth genasi are have the endurance of stone, allowing them to shrug of blows with ease. Once per day a earth genasi can call upon the earth's strength, granting him DR 1/Adamantine per 3 Hit Dice. This ability only functions while the earth genasi is standing on solid soil, stone or metal.
* Feet on the Ground (Su) Earth genasi are are magically linked to the earth under their feet and are even clumsier of it. Earth genasi cannot swim and take a -6 to all rolls as well as to the DCs of all their abilities when they aren't standing on solid soil, stone or metal.
* Automatic Languages: Common, Terran. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Undercommon, Draconic, Gnomish.
* Favored Class: Fighter.

Fire Genasi

* +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma: Fire genasi have bright minds, but are impatient and quick to anger.
* "Type::Humanoid" "Subtype::Human": Fire genasi have the flesh of a human but blood of fire. They do not gain fire immunity due to their fire subtype.
* "Size::Medium": As medium creatures fire genasi have no particular advantages or disadvantages due to size.
* Fire genasi base land speed is 30 feet.
* Blood of Fire (Su): Fire genasi are treated as thought they have the "Fire" subtype for the purposes of spells and feats.
* Fire's Focus (Su): Fire genasi have remarkable focus, once per encounter a fire genasi can focus completely on a enemy as a free action, gaining either a bonus on attacks and damage equal to half his level on his next attack against that enemy or a +2 to the DCs of the next ability he uses during the encounter.
* Frost Vulnerability (Su) Fire genasi have vulnerability to frost.
* Automatic Languages: Common, Terran. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Undercommon, Draconic, Gnomish.

Water Genasi

* +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma: Water genasi are poor negotiators but are extremely wise.
* "Type::Humanoid" "Subtype::Human": Water genasi are mostly human, but water elemental blood flows within them. They do not gain any of the benefits of the water subtype.
* "Size::Medium": As medium creatures water genasi have no particular advantages or disadvantages due to size.
* Water genasi base land speed is 30 feet.
* Blood of Water (Su): Water genasi are treated as thought they have the "Water" subtype for the purposes of spells and feats.
* Water's Calm (Su): Water genasi can enter a meditative trance 3/times per day as a standard action, while in their trance water genasi get +2 to all rolls, on any round where a water genasi has taken damage while in his trance he must make a DC 5 + (1/2 the highest amount of damage dealt to him that round by a single attack) or exit his trance, the trance automatically ends after rounds equal to the water genasi's Wis modifier.
* Water Dependency (Su) A water genasi who skin is dry is severely weakened, taking a -2 on all rolls and is unable to use Water' Calm. In order to undry his skin from becoming wet a water genasi must douse himself with one gallon of water. A water genasi's skin becomes dry when he fails a save against a spell that does fire or dessication damage, remains in a area with a temperature of above 90 degrees Fahrenheit for over a hour or takes damage from thirst.
* Automatic Languages: Common, Aquan. Bonus Languages: Gnomish, Halfling, Elven, Dwarven.
* Favored Class: Cleric.

Xenus_Paradox
02-28-2011, 07:25 PM
Races:
Gnome
Shifter
Kalashtar
Changeling

Classes:
Artificer
Psion
Soulknife
Battlemind
Ardent

Monsters:
Green Dragons
All 5 types of Metallic Dragons

Then DDO will be complete.

donfilibuster
02-28-2011, 07:30 PM
Stand in the line queue :) races that begin with g and end in nome goes first.

xxHazexx
02-28-2011, 07:30 PM
/Signed.

doubledge
02-28-2011, 07:40 PM
Races:
Kobold
Gnome
Shifter
Kalashtar
Changeling

Classes:
Druid
Artificer
Psion
Soulknife
Battlemind
Ardent

Monsters:
Taurasque
Green Dragons

fixed it for you

doubledge
02-28-2011, 08:15 PM
also, i rescued a gif from a long, long, long time ago.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t169/Inspectorchao/zomg/dIEINAFIREOLDSCHOOL.gif guess where this one was first put into the forums?

kaleid0star
02-28-2011, 08:23 PM
This is the base info from 3.5 of the standard Genasi (theirs a few other variations)

Racial Traits (3.5)

Air Genasi

* +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution: Air genasi are remarkably swift and agile but are frailer than humans.
* "Type::Humanoid" "Subtype::Human": Air genasi are human at their core but their wind elemental ancestry runs strong. They do not gain a fly speed do to their air subtype.
* "Size::Medium": As medium creatures air genasi have no particular advantages or disadvantages due to size.
* Air genasi base land speed is 30 feet.
* Blood of Air (Su): Air genasi are treated as thought they have the "Air" subtype for the purposes of spells and feats.
* Wind's Guardian (Su): A eternal wind seems to surround and protect air genasi, any ranged attack aimed at a air genasi has a (the air genasi's dexterity + half the air genasi's level)% chance to be deflected harmlessly.
* Winds Dance (Su) Once per encounter as a free action a air genasi can call upon the wind to increases their speed, gaining a 10 ft. bonus to their land speed for one round. They cannot use this ability while in a windless area.
* Wind Dependency (Su) Air genasi are ill at rest when they are beyond the winds pull. While in a place without wind (such as underground or a well sealed fortress) air genasi are not only incapable of recovering hit points naturally but also take a -1 penalty to all rolls and the DCs of all if their abilities are reduced by 1.
* Automatic Languages: Common, Auran. Bonus Languages: Any.
* Favored Class: Any.

Earth Genasi

* +2 Strength, -2 Dexterity: Earth genasi are extremely strong but a rather clumsy.
* "Type::Humanoid" "Subtype::Human": Earth genasi are essentially human but the land runs in their veins.
* "Size::Medium": As medium creatures earth genasi have no particular advantages or disadvantages due to size.
* Earth genasi base land speed is 20 feet.
* Blood of Earth (Su): Earth genasi are treated as thought they have the "Earth" subtype for the purposes of spells and feats.
* Earth's Endurance (Su): Earth genasi are have the endurance of stone, allowing them to shrug of blows with ease. Once per day a earth genasi can call upon the earth's strength, granting him DR 1/Adamantine per 3 Hit Dice. This ability only functions while the earth genasi is standing on solid soil, stone or metal.
* Feet on the Ground (Su) Earth genasi are are magically linked to the earth under their feet and are even clumsier of it. Earth genasi cannot swim and take a -6 to all rolls as well as to the DCs of all their abilities when they aren't standing on solid soil, stone or metal.

Fire Genasi

* +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma: Fire genasi have bright minds, but are impatient and quick to anger.
* "Type::Humanoid" "Subtype::Human": Fire genasi have the flesh of a human but blood of fire. They do not gain fire immunity due to their fire subtype.
* "Size::Medium": As medium creatures fire genasi have no particular advantages or disadvantages due to size.
* Fire genasi base land speed is 30 feet.
* Blood of Fire (Su): Fire genasi are treated as thought they have the "Fire" subtype for the purposes of spells and feats.
* Fire's Focus (Su): Fire genasi have remarkable focus, once per encounter a fire genasi can focus completely on a enemy as a free action, gaining either a bonus on attacks and damage equal to half his level on his next attack against that enemy or a +2 to the DCs of the next ability he uses during the encounter.
* Frost Vulnerability (Su) Fire genasi have vulnerability to frost.

Water Genasi

* +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma: Water genasi are poor negotiators but are extremely wise.
* "Type::Humanoid" "Subtype::Human": Water genasi are mostly human, but water elemental blood flows within them. They do not gain any of the benefits of the water subtype.
* "Size::Medium": As medium creatures water genasi have no particular advantages or disadvantages due to size.
* Water genasi base land speed is 30 feet.
* Blood of Water (Su): Water genasi are treated as thought they have the "Water" subtype for the purposes of spells and feats.
* Water's Calm (Su): Water genasi can enter a meditative trance 3/times per day as a standard action, while in their trance water genasi get +2 to all rolls, on any round where a water genasi has taken damage while in his trance he must make a DC 5 + (1/2 the highest amount of damage dealt to him that round by a single attack) or exit his trance, the trance automatically ends after rounds equal to the water genasi's Wis modifier.
* Water Dependency (Su) A water genasi who skin is dry is severely weakened, taking a -2 on all rolls and is unable to use Water' Calm. In order to undry his skin from becoming wet a water genasi must douse himself with one gallon of water. A water genasi's skin becomes dry when he fails a save against a spell that does fire or dessication damage, remains in a area with a temperature of above 90 degrees Fahrenheit for over a hour or takes damage from thirst.
* Automatic Languages: Common, Aquan. Bonus Languages: Gnomish, Halfling, Elven, Dwarven.
* Favored Class: Cleric.

This looks like what Elemental Savants are going to look like once they roll that Sorc PrE, here's to hoping (^_^)

Failedlegend
02-28-2011, 08:23 PM
Races:
Gnome
Shifter
Kalashtar
Changeling

Classes:
Artificer
Psion
Soulknife
Battlemind
Ardent

Monsters:
Green Dragons

Actualy it's more that we need races with wisdom, intelligence and Charisma bonuses as other than drow no race has those boosts...so no 32pt enabled race has those boosts

So we need (the negatives are just personal opinion):

Aasimar - +Cha,-Dex
Kalashtar - +Wis,-Int
Genasi - +Int, -Cha

Chaosprism
03-01-2011, 04:21 AM
Elemental savants (from sorcerors) are in the works, so it shouldnt be too hard to extend some of those abilities into a new race, it's just the art department that have to animate the new genasi.

We may see aasimar and tieflings for players too one day.\

I'd still prefer to see gnomes, shifters and kalashtar before these though, things that are meant to be in eberron.

Tirisha
03-01-2011, 07:51 AM
small problem.... Genasi are Forgotten Realms. They don't exist in Eberron.

doubledge
03-01-2011, 01:24 PM

tell that to the hundreds of drzzzzzzztttttz esque drow rangers running around.

underpants
03-01-2011, 02:42 PM
To keep it in Eberron which they should

We need Shifters

bring on the shape shifters. They are major figures in most of the novels and a big part of eberron lore

Failedlegend
03-01-2011, 02:44 PM
To keep it in Eberron which they should

We need Shifters

bring on the shape shifters. They are major figures in most of the novels and a big part of eberron lore

Hmmmm....I always thought Changelings were the shapechangers and shifters were Feline Humanoids lol.

Eladiun
03-01-2011, 02:53 PM

How do you think Warforged work? The gnomes are inside driving them.

Cyr
03-01-2011, 02:57 PM
I too would like to see the various planetouched races. They would add a good amount of diversity. Gnomes are a base race and should be put in game, but I can't imagine them adding much to the game. The various monster races of course would be a blast to play in game also. I have zero interest in Eberron specific races because frankly after five years of playing DDO I can say Eberron is the worst campaign setting I have seen for d&d.

Bodic
03-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Shifters, also known as the weretouched, are one of the intelligent races inhabiting Eberron (http://eberron.wikia.com/wiki/Geography_of_Eberron). With both humans and lycanthropes (http://eberron.wikia.com/index.php?title=Lycanthropy&action=edit&redlink=1) among their distant ancestors, shifters posses just a small portion of their forefathers' shape-shifting abilities. They cannot transform wholly into an animal but can instead shift parts of their body to become animal-like for short periods of time. In 832 YK the Chuch of the Silver Flame led an inquisition to whipe out all lycanthropes in Khovaire, Shifters included. The inquisition lasts fifty years killing most lycanthropes and driving the survivors deep into the Eldeen Reaches.

Changelings are a humanoid race who are distantly descended from dopplegangers (http://eberron.wikia.com/wiki/Dopplegangers). Changelings possess a natural ability to alter their physical appearance much like their monstrous progenitor race, but are somewhat limited in the forms they can take compared to a doppleganger. That being said changelings are able to alter their height by as much as a foot growing either taller or shorter, change their physical features to appear as another humanoid race and even take on the appearance of either gender (though changelings are sexually dimorphic with clear physical differences between males and females). Changelings cannot, however, change the clothing or equipment they are wearing with their natural abilities and this is often one of the few clues that two different people may in fact be the same changeling in two forms. Able to assume many different forms at will, changelings only revert to their natural form when killed or when viewed with a true seeing spell. In their natural forms changelings resemble gray skinned humans but lack some facial definition such as nostrils or lips (though they still have noses and mouths). As noted above changelings can indeed take on the appearance of either gender but in their natural forms they are clearly either male or female.

Also Add the other Civilized races of Eberron
Orc
Gnome
Hobgoblin
Kalashtar

before Adding a Non Eberron Race

dejafu
03-01-2011, 03:07 PM

Eberron was always intended to be a "kitchen sink" D&D setting, where any monster, race, or class was able to have its place somewhere, somehow. Genasi seem to be pretty easy to explain in a setting where bound elementals are part of everday life and planar manifest zones are a regular occurrence.

There was actually a Dragon magazine article from a few years ago that offered ideas for how Genasi would fit into Eberron (though that admittedly was for the Edition That Shall Not Be Named Unless You Want to Earn Neg Rep Just For Mentioning It).

Entelech
03-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Just because a single individual wants a specific "oooOOOOooooh! Lookit meeee!" thing doesn't mean the Devs need to rush out and implement it. There are a lot of folks waiting for a lot of things, after all.

From the game lore, Gnomes and Shifters are ahead of Tieflings in the queue, and Tieflings are ahead of Genasi.

Now, to be honest, all they need to implement Shifters is the 5-o-clock shadow technology from Half Elves, plus a few Wolverine/Dragonball Z hairstyles. Yes, even for the women. It's not like their goofy shapeshifting does anything that needs graphics any more than Power Attack does.

Also, Gnomes are the logical 32-point Int / Charisma caster race.

Not only are Gnomes and Shifters better choices lore-wise, they're better game-wise as well.

Once we have Gnomes and Shifters and Druids, maybe we can start thinking about Genasi, and Half-Drow, and Weresharks, and Awakened White Pines, and Impure Princes, and Kobolds, and Dragonborn, and Ninjas, and Dread Pirates, and Mystic Theurges, and Lions, and Tigers, and Bears, oh my!

Failedlegend
03-01-2011, 03:12 PM
There was actually a Dragon magazine article from a few years ago that offered ideas for how Genasi would fit into Eberron (though that admittedly was for the Edition That Shall Not Be Named Unless You Want to Earn Neg Rep Just For Mentioning It).

I got no problem saying it I Love 4e, I Love 4e, I Love 4e, I Love 4e, I Love 4e, I Love 4e, I Love 4e, I Love 4e, I Love 4e, I Love 4e, I Love 4e, I Love 4e, I Love 4e, I Love 4e, I Love 4e, I Love 4e, I Love 4e, I Love 4e, I Love 4e, I Love 4e, I Love 4e, I Love 4e, I Love 4e, I Love 4e, I Love 4e, I Love 4e, I Love 4e, I Love 4e, I Love 4e, I Love 4e

I have no issue with 3.5 either I just don't see why people hate 4e so much, probably the same reason the people who still play 2e hate 3e

Note: One caveat about 4e though, whoever decided to change the names of things in 4e (ie. Aasimar > Deva or Triceratops > Behemoth) should burn in a pot of molten feces.

Half-Drow

Please don't subject anyone to the idea that MORE elves are a good idea :P

Seikojin
03-01-2011, 03:25 PM
genesai aint bad i admit - but id prefer it kept more eberon and theres core eberon races still mising. Im honestly not sure genesai exist in eberon - or if they did how they work and what planes (moons) they would be associated with. Im guessing fernia (fire), risia(ice) and lamania(air and earth).

Before genesai - and their alignment based ocunterparts asimar and tieflings id like to see some more eberon stuff.

oh and kobolds, hob goblins and bugbears as playable races too - long live the great dakahni empire!

+1, get core races for ebberon in before adding other races.

Samiusbot
03-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Im honestly not sure genesai exist in eberon

Stuff in Eberron is like rule 34. If it exists, there is Eberron of it. No exceptions Well you get the idea.

I agree however Gnomes next plz!

Failedlegend
03-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Shifters, also known as the weretouched, are one of the intelligent races inhabiting Eberron (http://eberron.wikia.com/wiki/Geography_of_Eberron). With both humans and lycanthropes (http://eberron.wikia.com/index.php?title=Lycanthropy&action=edit&redlink=1) among their distant ancestors, shifters posses just a small portion of their forefathers' shape-shifting abilities. They cannot transform wholly into an animal but can instead shift parts of their body to become animal-like for short periods of time. In 832 YK the Chuch of the Silver Flame led an inquisition to whipe out all lycanthropes in Khovaire, Shifters included. The inquisition lasts fifty years killing most lycanthropes and driving the survivors deep into the Eldeen Reaches.

Changelings are a humanoid race who are distantly descended from dopplegangers (http://eberron.wikia.com/wiki/Dopplegangers). Changelings possess a natural ability to alter their physical appearance much like their monstrous progenitor race, but are somewhat limited in the forms they can take compared to a doppleganger. That being said changelings are able to alter their height by as much as a foot growing either taller or shorter, change their physical features to appear as another humanoid race and even take on the appearance of either gender (though changelings are sexually dimorphic with clear physical differences between males and females). Changelings cannot, however, change the clothing or equipment they are wearing with their natural abilities and this is often one of the few clues that two different people may in fact be the same changeling in two forms. Able to assume many different forms at will, changelings only revert to their natural form when killed or when viewed with a true seeing spell. In their natural forms changelings resemble gray skinned humans but lack some facial definition such as nostrils or lips (though they still have noses and mouths). As noted above changelings can indeed take on the appearance of either gender but in their natural forms they are clearly either male or female.

Also Add the other Civilized races of Eberron
Orc We already have Half-Orcs
Gnome Give us height sliders and make a short halfling and you have a gnome...unless Gnomes are a +Int race and they give them enough racial bonuses to being a wizard that they can contend with WF, Humans & H-Elfs in that area tha I'm all for them
Hobgoblin again to similar to H-Orcs
Kalashtar Need a description of this race...to me they just seem like humans with glowing eyes and psionic abilities

before Adding a Non Eberron Race

Ah cool thanks for that....I ask eveyrone who keeps saying "We should have X because its a core race" ok do you actually have a reason beyond that because it being "Core" is frankly worth bubcus gives us reasons why it would be a cool race and what it could possibly add to the game.

All and all who cares what their source if your only reason that Turbine should make a race first is because its a "core" race that a sad reason, I say go with as many unique different races we can like Dragonborn, Shardmind, Thri-Kreen, Genasi, Revenant, Kenku, Bullywug, Aasimar, Tiefling, etc.

Half-Drow

Please don't subject anyone to the idea that MORE elves are a good idea :P

Actually I also don't get why people keep asking for races like deuregar, ghostwise halflings, deep gnomes,etc. I've always viewed those as "Sub" races or templates put onto the base race more for roleplaying purposes really dueregar and deep gnomes are just darker skinned gnomes that usually dwell on the other side of the alignment scale.

Stuff in Eberron is like rule 34. If it exists, there is Eberron of it. No exceptions Well you get the idea.

Quoted for truth

Tobril
03-01-2011, 03:42 PM

Mwa ha ha ha!

The gnome-eater has struck again!

He devours all gnomes using his gnome-sized mouth and is 100% invulnerable to all gnome-based attacks!

Tremble in fear, puny gnomes!

Tobril
03-01-2011, 03:43 PM
I agree however Gnomes next plz!

Nope, see above about the gnome eater.

TheKeg
03-01-2011, 03:47 PM
KOBOLDS - YES YES OMG YES!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::rolleyes:

ONLY if it's programmed to let out a random "Yark! Yark!" once in a while. Also, you HAVE to jump backwards, but you'd be allowed the super jumping capabilities of WW contortionist kobolds.

broolthebeast
03-01-2011, 03:53 PM
ddo tip #294843

Drow are not a 28 point build race. due to their starting racial stat bonus. 32 point builds were created to balance the game with the drow.

BlackSteel
03-01-2011, 03:58 PM
Edit: A note to devs - Don't make this a Drow-like race...actually NEVER limit a race to 28pt again (actually you really should remove that from them)...just give Genasi +2 Int, -2 Dex, Str or Wis (or make it variable depending on element...+2 X, -2 X)

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/Monster2_gallery/46.jpg

drow are limited b/c of the multiple +2 stats at creation. they can already reach a higher stat buy in than other races as long as those stats arent dumped. (additionally you could have a 32 pt drow if its double TR'd)

Failedlegend
03-01-2011, 04:02 PM
ddo tip #294843

Drow are not a 28 point build race. due to their starting racial stat bonus. 32 point builds were created to balance the game with the drow.

drow are limited b/c of the multiple +2 stats at creation. they can already reach a higher stat buy in than other races as long as those stats arent dumped. (additionally you could have a 32 pt drow if its double TR'd)

ummm...wow that has nothing to do with this thread...but...yes the 28pt limit is a HUGE disadvantage and I think it was a mistake on the devs part and am against them doing again (actually I'm very much for them removing the 28pt limit on drow...with some changes of course)

broolthebeast
03-01-2011, 04:22 PM
It has everything to do with the thread. while it doesn't pertain to the gen race, it does pertain to people with the assumption that drow's are 28 point builds. The + to more than one stat make up the 32 point build.

TR'ing nets you more points, its just worded funny. Any drow rolled up is 32 points. TR'ed once is 34 points and TR'ed twice is a 36 point build. The extra stats are already slotted for you in dex/int/cha

totalmir
03-01-2011, 04:37 PM

If it exists in D&D it exists in Eberron!