PDA

View Full Version : Auction house Item Sales History web app

LucidLTS
02-24-2011, 07:03 PM
A simple web application that displayed the 6 month price average, price standard deviation, and volume of all items listed in the auction house would be a great boon to new players and veterans alike.

People hate getting cheated, and don't have as much fun in a game when they get cheated. An easy way to check how much an item really sells for would prevent many hurt feelings (and quite a few flame wars on the trade channel).

If the developers really want to make it slick, break it down by server / day of week / time of day.

As a web app (data updated once a day?) it would not interfere with client development and could be released out of band.

ArchStriker
02-24-2011, 09:01 PM
Yeah I find this a pretty big issue people charging 40k for a level 4 greatsword, that's not even that great. Just muck's going for 300kplat what the...?

FastTaco
05-25-2011, 05:47 PM
Bump!

I have to agree some sort of AH history would be great.

I bought a few tome of Untold Legend pages off the AH for around 400-500k, all that remained were the harder to aquire tomes II and VII listed at about 1-1.5m each. Now a few days later ALL the new tomes are listed for 1m+ because thats all the see in the AH for prices and they don't know whats its really worth.

Dysmetria
05-26-2011, 01:16 AM
No one is forcing you to pay for anything. If it is on the AH, then you can farm it for free eventually.

If you choose to buy something then you aren't being cheated no matter how much you pay; if you thought the price unfair then you wouldn't have paid it.

fuzzy1guy
05-26-2011, 01:59 AM
/no
/notsigned.

Seen this in other games. The end result was... interesting as trivia. but not good overall.

I don't care what the price history for any item is was or shall be. The only price that matters is right now. And that the price is whatever people will pay. if they wont pay it. It won't sell. If you won't pay that price. Don't.

Partydeluxe
05-26-2011, 09:34 AM
If I can link that history to all the idiots posting up **** items for rediculous prices in the /tr channel: Bring it on!

/signed

kratimas
05-26-2011, 11:38 AM
Why a web app, the last two MMO's I played had a history button right in the AH. You could look up any item currently for sell in the AH, highlight it and click history, it would then bring up a new window with the last 20 sells of that item, and average those last 20. It worked great and I think help the AH a lot in this game.

Also you could go to the sell tab and place your item into the box and click history and get the same information even if there were none in the AH at the time.

This was one of the best AH tools I had ever seen put into a game.

I really don't understand why people would not want a history function in the game but, to each his own I guess.

MartinusWyllt
05-26-2011, 11:46 AM

I really don't understand why people would not want a history function in the game but, to each his own I guess.

Because maybe they routinely engage in a kind of "bait-and-switch"...if I put a silver khopesh up for a million then put a second up for 500k I'd be much more likely to sell the second one because it looks like a deal.