PDA

View Full Version : Dark Blue Ioun Stone, Now what ?

XaatXuun
02-24-2011, 01:22 AM
I just got a lucky Chest loot in WW, for the character I'm playing. I asked in game (/a ) and no one knew how to unlock Ioun Stones, so asking here.
So How does one Unlock it ? what's the process ?

So going through MYDDO and asking here, I saw a thread about it in the lammannia Section, Via search, but there was no way to scroll sideways to read the half I could not see :(

I would love to unlock it, +15 Spot and even Listen will work well for this TWF- Ranged Ranger

Thank you :)

elujin
02-24-2011, 01:28 AM
you need to run the dreaming dark pack

all the flagging quests drop essences (4 difrent ones) and you will need 6 of each when you got those you need to run the dreaming dark quest in there is a forge you can use to convert all essences in one stone then put that stone + your ioun in and it will be unsupressed .

(some flagging quests only drop 1 or 2 kinds off essences and one of them is random in all of them.
and the dreamin dark pack starts with the eye of the titan quest in the inspired quarter)

XaatXuun
02-24-2011, 02:21 AM
oh :(
That's like a lvl 19-20 area , Or was I thinking something else

This character is just 5 :o

learst
02-24-2011, 02:28 AM
Go check out DDOwiki.

Look under Ioun stones, and Suppressed Power.

Wrendd
02-24-2011, 08:52 AM
You will need to be lvl 18-20 to unlock the suppressed power on the Ioun Stone. The unlocking feature was designed to make the Ioun Stones useful at high level (they are totally useless for a high level unless unlocked, and many are virtually useless even at low levels) and they are also there for people who TR so that they can have some really nice "twink" gear while leveling up their TR.

You might be able to sell the stone for some decent cash, but I do not remember what the dark blue one does. The Pale Lavender and Vibrant Purple are the big money items, IIRC.

Darkrok
02-24-2011, 09:27 AM
The Dark Blue doesn't go for quite as much but it still sells for a decent chunk of coin...I think I saw one listed on the AH for about 400k recently but not sure if it sold or not.

simsiim
02-24-2011, 10:28 PM
You will need to be lvl 18-20 to unlock the suppressed power on the Ioun Stone. The unlocking feature was designed to make the Ioun Stones useful at high level (they are totally useless for a high level unless unlocked, and many are virtually useless even at low levels) and they are also there for people who TR so that they can have some really nice "twink" gear while leveling up their TR.

You might be able to sell the stone for some decent cash, but I do not remember what the dark blue one does. The Pale Lavender and Vibrant Purple are the big money items, IIRC.

the Dark Blue will give Spot +15, Listen +15
After I got out of the game I came here and read that post I could not read while in game (yes Xaat and Simsiim is same, Just when I post with Xaat it's from in-game) and read that it is great for TR. I was debating to hold it or sell it. Selling it, I could get probably enough to buy Silver Longbow and a Collapse portable hole, with lot's left over for later, or all my alts a hole :D.

Reading the rarity of these Ioun stones drop I may just keep it.
The part I did not like about it was it was a BtC, even tho it was meant to be a BtA, and it is a fixed planned, but not a priority.

As for the price, prices can vary from server to server. And on Orien the market dropped, it's a Buyers market for most things. :mad: good if you have the PP, bad if you need the PP.
+15 Listen is great if it's not costing you and skill points, and that +15 Spot I think will be awesome for a range Build, at newb levels. Not sure after , may be better trinkets for Range in the later levels, Not reached there yet :o