PDA

View Full Version : Items on pirate hat

shamanfox
02-23-2011, 08:57 AM
Hi,

It is written that there are customizable slots on the hats. My question is what can we put there?

Thank!

Mathieu

donfilibuster
02-23-2011, 09:14 AM
it has room for two things, one is a skill bonus of your choice.
the other is a power from a list, which is a nice list.
e.g. a stat bonus, seeker, fortification, false life, potency, wizardry, natural ac, sneak attack, etc.
and it all comes at a nice minimum level. best of all you can buy multiple hats.

note that if you are hanging your minos helm make sure to keep fort on some item :P

doubledge
02-23-2011, 09:15 AM
it has room for two things, one is a skill bonus of your choice.
the other is a power from a list, which is a nice list.
e.g. a stat bonus, seeker, fortification, false life, potency, wizardry, natural ac, sneak attack, etc.
and it all comes at a nice minimum level. best of all you can buy multiple hats.

note that if you are hanging your minos helm make sure to keep fort on some item :P

how? i'm deciding on seeker and a skill, which is either haggle or jump.

donfilibuster
02-23-2011, 10:12 AM
how? i'm deciding on seeker and a skill, which is either haggle or jump.

how what? you can have seeker and one skill, make it jump.
to have haggle buy a second hat using doubloons, you only need it when selling so can be the cheapest hat.

FlyingTurtle
02-23-2011, 10:18 AM
Or just grab a +15 haggle item off the AH, much easier.

Hat skills should be something you need all the time, like Balance, Jump, Spot or Concentration.

donfilibuster
02-23-2011, 10:40 AM
Or just grab a +15 haggle item off the AH, much easier.

Hence the jump, but a second hat for haggle is still worth a shot because it is at lower minimum level.
And you can couple it with cha +6 also at lower level.
And of course, because +15 off the AH is not always cheap, while the hat only takes your time.

Propane
02-23-2011, 11:24 AM
For my WF tank-
Seeker 6, +15 intimadate - the HoGF will put me to 100% Fort :)

One way to look at it - what skill +15 is worth more than 20 HP?

A monk (or caster) may value +15 Concentration over 20 HP --> Make a HeavyFort +15 Concentration hat

shamanfox
02-23-2011, 11:39 AM
Hi, thanks for the explanation. Do you know where I can het the items for the hat and (the biggest question), what do you mean by "seekers"?

Thanks!

Mathieu

EKKM
02-23-2011, 11:44 AM
Hi, thanks for the explanation. Do you know where I can het the items for the hat and (the biggest question), what do you mean by "seekers"?

Thanks!

Mathieu

Seeker is a bonus found on items and weapons that grants a + to confirm critical and the same + to critical damage before multipliers. So, a scimitar (x2 crit) with +6 seeker would do an extra 12 points of damage on a confirmed critical

shamanfox
02-23-2011, 01:03 PM
Thanks! Do you know where can I find these kinds of add-ons for the hats?

Thanks again!

Mathieu

kernal42
02-23-2011, 01:05 PM
Hat upgrades are located in the Hat box.

Propane
02-23-2011, 01:08 PM
This list is a good start---

http://ddowiki.com/page/Smugglers_Rest_Event

might not be 100% correct...

When the event re-opens - you can look in the box at the "options". It also should show you the cost.

doubledge
02-23-2011, 04:48 PM
kk. so jump + seeker? i'm planning on that for epics and a haggle + charisma 6 for haggle

shamanfox
02-24-2011, 10:43 AM
Hi,

What do you suggest to add to the hat for a lvl 3 paladin and 2 rogues? I am now planning to focus on paladin for the next levels. I mainly play solo.

Thanks again!

Mathieu